Azznerak

Eagle Eyed Ninja Zombies and the Amazing Disappearing Tent

As I walk around the desolate world that once was I can't help but wonder how the infected gained such eagle eyed eyesight. I was watching a walker from a distance using the safety of a long range scope, when it turned and began running at me. It took it a while, gave me some time to have a drink, eat some food, talk with some friends, and then gently tap it with an axe. But to my surprise another zombie from across the plains also decided to come running. What is even more stunning is the zombie's ability to walk through walls, appear from thin air, and sneak up from behind being more silent then a cat with padded boots.

But what has me even more confused is that this power seems to have transferred to certain objects, like a tent. I spent many hours making my way to the tent location. And when finally getting it I found that I couldn't carry it. Even though all the information said that I should be able to attach it to a mountain backpack which I had, this amazing tent refused to do anything but remain in my hand. Even after emptying my backpack, even taking it off, I found that this intelligent creation of rainproof fabric was only going to remain in my hands. And it was even scared of going down stairs, which I found puzzling. So my only option left was to see if the thing could, in fact, work as a tent so I pitched it. Which must have opened a wormhole in space-time because the darn thing disappeared into thin air? Leaving me looking really foolish because I didn't realize tents had that power.

Azznerak the Traveler.

• Like 2

Well at least you were sarcastic!

8.gif

• Like 1

I think the zombies seeing people from miles away thing is a glitch with zombie respawning or something like that. I remember when I first got this game and I looked down from my hilltop and spotted one in a town a long way away. He was literally miles away and I could barely see him at that distance. Suddenly I see him start running like a maniac in my direction. I thought to myself, "There's no way he saw me, he must be running for some other reason." But he just kept coming. Finally I turned and sprinted away into the woods. At that point I was really frustrated because I thought it was normal for zombies to see someone standing next to a tree from miles away, and I had no idea how anyone could survive if the zombies had sight like that. But thankfully it doesn't always happen, although it happens more than I'd like it to. But that will be fixed eventually.

Don´t sweat over the tents.....they don´t work as intended...unfortunately as many things in DayZ. 

Just do the following:

1. Spawn

2. Gear up

3. some PvP

4. Die

5. Re-spawn again

Repeat ad infinitum..... :( 

Edited by pizuicas

As I walk around the desolate world that once was I can't help but wonder how the infected gained such eagle eyed eyesight. I was watching a walker from a distance using the safety of a long range scope, when it turned and began running at me. It took it a while, gave me some time to have a drink, eat some food, talk with some friends, and then gently tap it with an axe. But to my surprise another zombie from across the plains also decided to come running. What is even more stunning is the zombie's ability to walk through walls, appear from thin air, and sneak up from behind being more silent then a cat with padded boots.

But what has me even more confused is that this power seems to have transferred to certain objects, like a tent. I spent many hours making my way to the tent location. And when finally getting it I found that I couldn't carry it. Even though all the information said that I should be able to attach it to a mountain backpack which I had, this amazing tent refused to do anything but remain in my hand. Even after emptying my backpack, even taking it off, I found that this intelligent creation of rainproof fabric was only going to remain in my hands. And it was even scared of going down stairs, which I found puzzling. So my only option left was to see if the thing could, in fact, work as a tent so I pitched it. Which must have opened a wormhole in space-time because the darn thing disappeared into thin air? Leaving me looking really foolish because I didn't realize tents had that power.

Azznerak the Traveler.

The tents work so well not even the owner can ever find them again.

• Like 1

Lol next time don't try and pitch it inside ! I noticed you said the tent didn't like going downstairs ... If you kept it in your hands you could have brought it downstairs and pitched it outside silly mo-trucking goose ! But if you pitched outside and it disappeared it's probably just afraid of your generally awesome knowledge of sarcasm ? =P

Also I think storing tents in backpacks is just a myth , or so that's what my experience tells me , everytime I find a tent I can't store it in my backpack just in my hands ...

In my recent experience, tents fit fine in backpacks (including my Hunter one, which was a small surprise).

What they don't do is survive persistent server restarts, when pitched in secluded woodland locations, thereby losing the spare M4 and other goodies that you have stashed inside them.

No more tenting for me until persistence is fixed.

• Like 1

Azznerak the Traveler.

Well in my journeys, it usually involves me going up on top of stuff to find secret stuff.(usually on the very top on the fire stations. When I get up there eagle eyes spot me and they camp on the ladder which I came up or stairs. As for the tent, I have a crossbow with holosight and I look around for tents in apartments. Sadly yes there bugged but I can still fit them in my backpack its a mountain one.

Tents? HA!! Let me tell you about tents... Our group has had about two dozen tents over the last month and a half. We invested many hours searching, acquiring, learning the intricacies to how they work, where they appear etc. I NEVER had faith in them after our first camp disappeared on a "persistent" server reset, the latest being last night. When we all got on our ''home'' camp server and noticed all the food and items we were finding, we almost all came to the same conclusion... Shit, our camp will be gone. Sure enough, after a 20 minute trek to base camp, everything was gone! We lost 7 M4s, several ACOGS and red dots, not to mention all the other non-premium weaponry anyone finds after a respawn. Three hard resets and our conclusion is to buy a spare character to bank your goodies on because TENTS DON'T WORK! Before all the questions about "did you do this" or "did you do that", I can tell you tents are easily found, we "interacted" with the storage in the tents on an almost daily basis, clothes and hi-cap vests dissapear in tents on the daily restarts but everything else stays (food, ammo, weapons, medical supplies). DayZ in it's current form, is best as stated above in a previous post, "spawn in, gear up, PvP, die, repeat"...

• Like 1

Persistent servers are a bad joke that should have went the way of Greg the Bunny. I walked around for two hours, not two hours game time, or smurf time, but real two hour time, and found one damn cloth shirt. I died from starvation and I was in the middle of a damn town. After that laughable experience I decided that I would rather stick a bowl of fire ants up my ass then play on persistence ON server again.

And could someone please explain that why, after years of development, they still haven't discovered the secret of preventing zombies from walking through walls?