Sign in to follow this  
Thomasc02

1911 Anyone having this problem?

So i picked up the 1911 and found a magazine and ammo. For some reason though i take the mag and try to combine it with the 1911 and nothing happens. I know its the right ammo cause i can put a bullet in the chamber. Just for some reason it will not let me combine the mag. Anyone ever had this happen to them? And how can i get around that/Fix it?

Edited by Thomasc02

First I'm hearing of this, check the bug tracker and either upvote or post a new bug.

have you checked to see if the 1911 already has a round chambered in it, if so you will not be able to put a magazine in it until you unload that round.

• Like 2

Check it's condition too. I had a similar experience with a Magnum speedloader that was 'ruined' despite the fact that the .357 rounds were 'pristine'

Happened to me with a couple of different guns. In my case, it was probably due to the server not responding to my actions while it was under heavy load. Try again in a few minutes, or right after the server restarts and few people are on it. Failing that it's probably like hammy55 said, a ruined mag or gun.

So i picked up the 1911 and found a magazine and ammo. For some reason though i take the mag and try to combine it with the 1911 and nothing happens. I know its the right ammo cause i can put a bullet in the chamber. Just for some reason it will not let me combine the mag. Anyone ever had this happen to them? And how can i get around that/Fix it?

had this issue with the makarov the other day right mag and it was fully loaded but couldn't for the life of me get the orange indicator stating i could combine or the right click load mag icon. what i did was unequip it then drag the mag over it and it loaded the mag after that it was good to go hopefully my way helps if not hope they get it fixed your a lucky guy to have a 1911 and a mag havn't seen either one of those tools in a long time.

The problem is your using a 1911 and not a glock.

(Flame war will ensue in 3...2...1..)

no flame i personally love the 1911 but it more of a thing where i grew up shooting that pistol and i just love the way it feels and i know how it works and can dissasemble it with my eyes closed probably. i do like the glock they are not to be underestimated i watched a test in a gun magazine where they froze it in a block of ice put next to a furnace and stuck it in mud and left it in the ocean for 3 months after each test they shot 300 rounds threw the gun and it never jammed and it never misfired only damage was a little speck of rust from sea water and it still shot in a survivor situation i would want that pistol over the 1911 but like i said i have a soft spot in my heart for colt weapons.

Check it's condition too. I had a similar experience with a Magnum speedloader that was 'ruined' despite the fact that the .357 rounds were 'pristine'

man i havn't seen a speedloader in forever either and if i did i'd probably have your kinda luck and it would be ruined lol.gotta love the 357 my favorite gun in the game.

no flame i personally love the 1911 but it more of a thing where i grew up shooting that pistol and i just love the way it feels and i know how it works and can dissasemble it with my eyes closed probably. i do like the glock they are not to be underestimated i watched a test in a gun magazine where they froze it in a block of ice put next to a furnace and stuck it in mud and left it in the ocean for 3 months after each test they shot 300 rounds threw the gun and it never jammed and it never misfired only damage was a little speck of rust from sea water and it still shot in a survivor situation i would want that pistol over the 1911 but like i said i have a soft spot in my heart for colt weapons.

Ive never had the chance to shoot a 1911, and I really do want to try one. So far my only experience is with handguns are the Glocks 26, 42 and 22. I own the 26, and others have let me try their own guns. I'm not against 1911s, I just like to watch the in fighting. :lol:      Only gripe I could have about them is mag size. Personally I dislike the grip safeties, but I wont hold my own tastes against the design.

Ive never had the chance to shoot a 1911, and I really do want to try one. So far my only experience is with handguns are the Glocks 26, 42 and 22. I own the 26, and others have let me try their own guns. I'm not against 1911s, I just like to watch the in fighting. :lol:      Only gripe I could have about them is mag size. Personally I dislike the grip safeties, but I wont hold my own tastes against the design.

agreed mag size does suck especially in a game where it could be crucial to you dieng. i've never got to shoot a glock though i have wanted to so i'm in the same boat as you. and yeah it is funny watching folks get pissed when folks mention one gun is better than the other. one thing i do love about dayz is most of the guns are pretty true to design they all are better than the others at certain things and in the end i think it comes down to what you like and what you are accurate and efficient with be it the blaze or the M4.