Sign in to follow this  
Subscriber

Is Fire useless for Hypothermia?

Few minutes ago I was Fully geared and due to cold i got hypothermia.
And after that even sitting near to fire i died :(

SCREENSHOTS:
#1:

FqZYHpa.jpg

#2:

1BXt5mr.jpg

I even sat on fire ...   :(
I was in "Stary Sobor" Playing in this server

Multiplay :: Gameserver UK ONLY!!! [ip: 85.236.100.92:2302]

You can have my stuff :( </3

Edited by Subscriber

Were you indoors? Because that's bugged and won't warm you up. You need to light it outside for that - ideally in an area hidden from prying eyes. :)

• Like 4

Were you indoors? Because that's bugged and won't warm you up. You need to light it outside for that - ideally in an area hidden from prying eyes. :)

yeah you can see Screenshot i was indoor unfortunately :(

Can't see your pics too. But if you have been on a second floor, the heat "drops" through the floor. If you would have stand at the exact same spot on ground level, you would have gotten all the precious heat.

At least that was the case in exp 0.49, haven't tested it since then.

Sorry - can't see your pics for some reason. Anyway, you get the idea...

oops i fixed it now.

Can't see your pics too. But if you have been on a second floor, the heat "drops" through the floor. If you would have stand at the exact same spot on ground level, you would have gotten all the precious heat.

At least that was the case in exp 0.49, haven't tested it since then.

Sorry can you see it now. I fixed it.

Sorry can you see it now. I fixed it.

Ah yeah second floor piano house. Thats where i tested it myself. Go downstairs and take a fire shower :P

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 2

Ah yeah second floor piano house. Thats where i tested it myself. Go downstairs and take a fire shower :P

You can go their seriously, hav fun

my heart is broken :(

• Like 1

I dont get it ?

I lost so much stuff there. and then i spawnd fkin electro (hungry and wet) 

We feel your pain. You'll be good as new in a few days.

Were you snarfing antibiotics on the off chance that they'd work for hypothermia? :D

• Like 1

I lost so much stuff there. and then i spawnd fkin electro (hungry and wet) 

Ah, allright. So, to answer your original question: No, fire isn't useless for ( rather against :) ) hypothermia, you just set it up at the wrong place and wasnt aware of the bug i described in my first reply to this topic.

Will light a candle for your gear.

We feel your pain. You'll be good as new in a few days.

Were you snarfing antibiotics on the off chance that they'd work for hypothermia? :D

Holy shit how you know that... lmfao i was.

I have lit a fire multiple times, and sat there for at least 15 minutes. At no point did i get any messages about being warm or warmed up, and my clothes didn't dry. Currently it seems useless, for anything other than cooking meat, which in itself is pretty useless considering how much canned food and fruit you can find.

Edited by anderswhk

I reported a bug on this a few weeks ago, the feedback I got was that they were well aware of it from internal testing and it sounded like they thought they'd fixed it in the next release (assuming that would be .50). Sadly we had to roll back to .49 because Wednesday's update ran into issues. This almost killed me as well one time but luckily I somehow noticed what the issue was. You've gotta be on the ground floor, and it has to be a FLAT ground floor (not raised). Outside always works, outside under an overhang will work to keep you dry, and some buildings it does work in as well so long as the ground floor is not raised at all (as if on a cement block or one of those 1/2 floor heights).

I was able to warm up indoors but only on the first level of any building. If I built a fire on the third floor of an apartment building it never 'warms' my player. It only works if I do it inside of one story buildings or on the ground level.

I have lit a fire multiple times, and sat there for at least 15 minutes. At no point did i get any messages about being warm or warmed up, and my clothes didn't dry. Currently it seems useless, for anything other than cooking meat, which in itself is pretty useless considering how much canned food and fruit you can find.

It works, it basically instantly removes your 'cold' status. Sometimes you need to relog or replace the fire because of a bug. They also will not work indoors under most circumstances. 

It works, it basically instantly removes your 'cold' status. Sometimes you need to relog or replace the fire because of a bug. They also will not work indoors under most circumstances. 

Last time I remember i did it, it was somewhere in the forest surrounding Svetlo. Don't remember if i had the cold buff when i started the fire, but i saw no messages or buff that I was warm, nor did my clothes get dry.

Sidenote: I hope they implement the ability to cook canned foods on a pan or in a pot. Spaghetti comes to mind. I would assume you will be able to cook rice at some point, considering the description talks about adding water.

Edited by anderswhk

Last time I remember i did it, it was somewhere in the forest surrounding Svetlo. Don't remember if i had the cold buff when i started the fire, but i saw no messages or buff that I was warm, nor did my clothes get dry.

Sidenote: I hope they implement the ability to cook canned foods on a pan or in a pot. Spaghetti comes to mind. I would assume you will be able to cook rice at some point, considering the description talks about adding water.

As I understand it there is going to be a full cooking system including 'recipies'.

It doesnt realy give you a buff so much as reset your status. You may still see 'cold' as soon as you move away from the fire but you will be {---|--------------} on the cold meter instead of {----------|----}

Few minutes ago I was Fully geared and due to cold i got hypothermia.

Next time if the fire doesn't insta-warm you log out/in. It's a bug.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Next time if the fire doesn't insta-warm you log out/in. It's a bug.

Thanks learnt a great lesson after big loss :(.

As I understand it there is going to be a full cooking system including 'recipies'.

It doesnt realy give you a buff so much as reset your status. You may still see 'cold' as soon as you move away from the fire but you will be {---|--------------} on the cold meter instead of {----------|----}

You are right that it won't do much but just remove cold status for some time like 5-6 minutes,

and Second thing that i noticed now is that if you make fire inside but its ground is level to the 

outside ground then fire will work. But you should not do this in severe circumstances becuz

it doesn't work everytime. 

Edited by Subscriber
  • Like 1

Also to note, fires will remove damp from clothes before cold from your temp.  So if it feels like it's taking long and you were just in the rain this is why.  

I've never had a problem with fires; however, I've only lain them on the first floor of any building or in the woods somewhere.