Sign in to follow this  
anderswhk

Improvised bandages

I find that zombies are even more likely to hit you from outside buildings now, than a few builds ago. As a matter of fact i just died from being hit by a ninja zombie. I bled out while searching around a small town for a bandage or a shirt to rip up. I didn't find one.

I really think it should be possible to make improvised bandages out of a lot more things than just shirts. Bandanas should be useable, Maybe if you had a bladed weapon, you could make an improvised bandage out of things like pants and wool jackets, and instead of completely consuming the item it could degrade to 1 step above ruined (forgot what it is)

Yeah pretty good idea as often I've run out of rags as a new spawn and with a consistently desaturating screen its pretty hard to find rags/ bandages etc quick enough,  but I think there would have to be a trade off, like a relatively large chance of it becoming infected.

btw, Im pretty sure you can tear bandannas into rags already? could be wrong on that

Bad idea, for a game so aimed at realism/authenticity.

In reality, using a torn-up bit of clothing as a bandage would stop bleeding, yes, but it would also introduce bacteria into the wound.

I really wish the Devs would implement realistic first aid: to stop bleeding, apply direct pressure. This would, of course, necessitate you  cease movement for the duration of treatment. Authentic in both the medical sense and in the gameplay sense, and would help freshspawns from freezing to death due to shirt removal.

Well, I had a red bandana on, and I couldn't tear it up.

Bandanas can be teared up and become rags, but you have to remove it from your head before the option becomes available (same goes for shirts).

And I seem to have read that burlap sacks can be torn into rags as well now (in exp at least).

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 1

Bandanas can be teared up and become rags, but you have to remove it from your head before the option becomes available (same goes for shirts).

And I seem to have read that burlap sacks can be torn into rags as well now (in exp at least).

Actually you don't have to remove tshirts before you can tear them up.

As others have said, bandanas can already be torn up on to rags, just remove it first.

Really? I've always found that I have to remove the shirt first.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Shirts don't require them to be taken off but bandanas do. As they said above, just remove it.
And I do support your idea, however, we're still in alpha so I'm actually quite sure they will implement those kind of things.

You're sure about that?

Edit: I just loaded up the game just to check up on it, because I was not sure if most recent exp build might have chanced it, but no, you still have to take off your shirt in order to tear it into rags.

2014-10-31_00001.jpg

2014-10-31_00002.jpg

(While I was testing this out a newspawn tried to ambush and KO me, he now rests with the fishes. GG newspawn on an UK exp server at Cherno firestation. I got you with my mosin after countless drunken misses and only one hit with my splitting axe. Try to aim for the head and not the legs next time. I can not rule out that I wouldn't have done the same if I had seen a fully geared player stupidly staring down at a pile of clothing in front of a hotzone like Cherno firestation).

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 1

Shirts don't require them to be taken off but bandanas do. As they said above, just remove it.

And I do support your idea, however, we're still in alpha so I'm actually quite sure they will implement those kind of things.

Shirts does need to be taken off. See above.

• Like 1

Shirts does need to be taken off. See above.

Guess they do after all, roffel, knew I was wrong lmao

Bad idea, for a game so aimed at realism/authenticity.

In reality, using a torn-up bit of clothing as a bandage would stop bleeding, yes, but it would also introduce bacteria into the wound.

You say this like you didnt know that the devs are going to be adding things like that....

Also you can tear up many kinds of clothing, not just shirts, there is one type of bandana that I dont think you can tear up. Make sure you unequip the item.

You can use alcohol to repair ruined rags.

And in the .50 build you can use a sewing kit to stop bleeding as well.