Sign in to follow this  
conan the librarian

Can no longer die of hunger?

It seems as though in the 0.49 that has been rolled back to no longer allows us to eat, drink and the temperature and thirst/hunger system is suspended.

Anyone else finding this?

I found in certain circumstances on .49 that once you got all three light green statuses you hardly had to ear or drink again for hours

Seriously - I try to eat/drink something and a message comes down in the bottom left where it usually says 'I am cooling', 'I am hungry' etc. and it said 'Unable to do that now'.

I ran from south of NWAF to military base near Ballota, and have still got dark green hydrated and bright green energised.

I prefer dayz eat/drink system over any game i have tried. All games have a constant need to eat and drink, dayz is more realistic but thirst could be a little tweaked, running around should bring thirst down much faster than walking.

It'll be a great day when we can disable those scrolling status messages. I do not need a reminder every 3 seconds that I'm cold or hungry. I can press tab for chrissakes. No more immersion breaking status messages! Hell, even hide the server stuff unless you press tilde or something. But yeah, I've noticed lately that I barely need to eat if I have all three green, it seems to change patch to patch quite alot. I recall last patch you'd be starving 10 minutes after eating an entire cow.

• Like 5

Seriously - I try to eat/drink something and a message comes down in the bottom left where it usually says 'I am cooling', 'I am hungry' etc. and it said 'Unable to do that now'.

I ran from south of NWAF to military base near Ballota, and have still got dark green hydrated and bright green energised.

Depending on how much past bright green energized you are... this status could last days.

Dark Green hydrated can probably last an hour? Im not really sure on that because its usually easy enough to stay hydrated by eating food...

In short ... a 15 minute walk is not enough time to expect a status change on either of these.

It'll be a great day when we can disable those scrolling status messages. I do not need a reminder every 3 seconds that I'm cold or hungry. I can press tab for chrissakes. No more immersion breaking status messages! Hell, even hide the server stuff unless you press tilde or something. But yeah, I've noticed lately that I barely need to eat if I have all three green, it seems to change patch to patch quite alot. I recall last patch you'd be starving 10 minutes after eating an entire cow.

I'm cold

I'm cooling off

I'm rapidly cooling off

I'm shaking

It's like being on a long car journey with a complaining toddler

• Like 2

Message "I'm unable to do that now" used in check if player is able to do action (if he isn't on ladder or swimming etc. or any other type of animation),

so basically check if player is in proper position to do action. In this check there is no condition on energy, water, stomach, heatcomfort, or diet.

(This check is actual Dean code, so its solid ground.)

So could you please recall where exactly, what position, outside, or in building, etc.,    did you try to eat and what?

• Like 2

The system seems completely random at times. On some sessions you need to eat every five minutes and at other times you can go for an hour or more without a notification. It sure does help to get the healthy status. It means you won't have to eat for a little while at least.

The system seems completely random at times. On some sessions you need to eat every five minutes and at other times you can go for an hour or more without a notification. It sure does help to get the healthy status. It means you won't have to eat for a little while at least.

With Medium Hypothermia message "I am freezing" energy base loss is 1.6, with multiple multipliers on top, could go up to estimated 20 - 25 (or more?) /sec.

Maxed energy bright green "energized" 4000 could be drained fast, down to nothing, so you do need eat more often.

So some randoms may be due to environment/clothes/bodytemperature etc.

Nope, I just died of hunger XD

HAHAHA SON YOU MADE MY DAY.

I realized how some servers actually lack the hunger/thirst system

Sometimes I also survive 10m drops while

you know

you're not supposed to survive that

lmao

Message "I'm unable to do that now" used in check if player is able to do action (if he isn't on ladder or swimming etc. or any other type of animation),

so basically check if player is in proper position to do action. In this check there is no condition on energy, water, stomach, heatcomfort, or diet.

(This check is actual Dean code, so its solid ground.)

So could you please recall where exactly, what position, outside, or in building, etc.,    did you try to eat and what?

OK, interesting information - had never seen that before today.

To draw a line under the matter, after I relogged earlier, everything went back to normal - so perhaps my char was stuck in some strange lag situation, whereby the server thought he was somewhere he shouldn't be whilst opening a can of sardines and eating them.

Thanks all.

It seems as though in the 0.49 that has been rolled back to no longer allows us to eat, drink and the temperature and thirst/hunger system is suspended.

Anyone else finding this?

The system is still there, but i believe that unlike before, it isn't being tested anymore in extreme conditions.