Sign in to follow this  
killk@zoznam.sk

Bipod and Mosin

If you're too lazy to remap hold breath just use + and - on the numpad to zoom in, that's what I do.

can you give me the source where it says the very base type of the mosin? are we talking about the very first model? you dont seem to make sense at least to me.

for my feel the version we are using ingame is pretty fn good at both, close and long range.... just keep in mind you fire 7,62x51mm... it doesnt matter what barrel this

bullet leaves but i assure you it flies way further than you would wish that to be real in this game.

That's not how ballistics or weapon accuracy works bud.

Would be nice if you were able to craft a bipod yourself for the mosin.

Wooden stick + ducktape = bipod.

One of the many good uses for ducktape imo.

This thread has become derailed.

The OP was asking for sniper help - not some arguement about if a mosin is a sniper rifle at all.

I was thinking it was about camping

Use a splint on yourself if your aim is a bit too unsteady.

Quite often you'll have a "ghost fracture" that your character wont tell you about, but your arm will still be fractured.

They should, in all respects. 91/30 Mosin-Nagants lack the necessary furniture to mount such scopes and bipods. If anything, a Mosin should be "Survivors First Rifle", what with its inherent reliablity and inaccuracy, coupled with ALL THE AMMUNITION that should be found. 

I really dislike how the 91/30 is treated like the "go-to sniper rifle". If anything, the CR527 should be the "Sniper Rifle" of the game. The CZ527 (real life counterpart) is known for its accuracy and reliability, which the 91/30....isn't. Plus, the CR527 can easily mount scopes and such.

I own two M91/30s. One from Tula Armory and another from Izhevsk and they are both VERY accurate rifles. Yes they lack proper scope mounts but they are not inaccurate as you say. As far as reliability, psssh, what is there to fail? I have never had FTF or FTE issues. They are built as solid as any rifle can be and that's why they have lasted through the test of time. 

With that said, that is why they are good in DayZ. 

They should, in all respects. 91/30 Mosin-Nagants lack the necessary furniture to mount such scopes and bipods. If anything, a Mosin should be "Survivors First Rifle", what with its inherent reliablity and inaccuracy, coupled with ALL THE AMMUNITION that should be found. 

I really dislike how the 91/30 is treated like the "go-to sniper rifle". If anything, the CR527 should be the "Sniper Rifle" of the game. The CZ527 (real life counterpart) is known for its accuracy and reliability, which the 91/30....isn't. Plus, the CR527 can easily mount scopes and such.

Seriously? You can mount a scope to a Mosin in real life. It was and still is a good sniper rifle. It may be old but it is effective. I guess we read up about the Mosin using different sources.

I own two M91/30s. One from Tula Armory and another from Izhevsk and they are both VERY accurate rifles. Yes they lack proper scope mounts but they are not inaccurate as you say. As far as reliability, psssh, what is there to fail? I have never had FTF or FTE issues. They are built as solid as any rifle can be and that's why they have lasted through the test of time. 

With that said, that is why they are good in DayZ. 

He likes to debate, just for the sake of debating. You end up with a whole page of replys, debating something that really isn't all that constructive off subject..

The mosin is the games only long range sniper rifle ATM. We need it. He made a coment no combat rifle of the period was accurate, which is false. Theres a reason its still used in combat to this day. Sure it isn't the most ideal sniper rifle, but its what we have.

Me I have allot exp with fire arms, BUT I never fired a mosin in RL, never really had a desire too either. So I really don't know what its capible of. I know the one in DayZ. Almost want to now lol just to see for my self out at a range. You have and you no better then what was said. You know what the real one is really capible of.

Thats why forums you have to take what people are saying with a grain of salt, there are 100s of arm chair experts, that really don't know what there talking about, then there are some who really do. You kind of have to filter it out. Also DayZ SA makes no claim to be 100% realistic...it is a sim but still. I really think you can drive your self nuts holding dayz to a realism standard. This is just one example. On this thread...my self I am speaking of the mosin in DAYZ.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Well, this topic went crazy as I see. Thanks for the advices. I used splint, morphine, vitamins, and antibiotics  and now it is more easier to hit something. Also if you you remap holding breath to 2 buttons and you hold it simultaeonously, the aim will be even more precise.

I dont think vitamins and antibiotics do anything at the moment.

Forgot about another sniping tip, well its more of a bug actually.  If you stand up and scope in on your target and start to walk forward, you will have zero sway.

holding breath doesn't work since 49 patch. You should know that too.

Holding breath does work. It's just less noticable so stupid COD freaks who need everything to be unproportionized extremely can't see it.

I dont think vitamins and antibiotics do anything at the moment.

Forgot about another sniping tip, well its more of a bug actually.  If you stand up and scope in on your target and start to walk forward, you will have zero sway.

Thanks for being a bigmouth. You just ruined a pretty good secret.

What, that antibiotics dont do anything or the walking/sniping trick?  Bug exploits should be for everyone, just just the chosen few :P

Edited by Beav

What, that antibiotics dont do anything or the walking/sniping trick?  Bug exploits should be for everyone, just just the chosen few :P

that bug is fixed in the exp version.

• Like 1

The Mosin walk forward trick. I'm not chosen by any means (at least I don't think so?). The less people that know about it the better. Do you really want everyone carrying a Mosin being able to kill people from 1000 yards out? I was fooling around in Electro and hitting Zeds out that far without any problems. It's good it will be fixed but we still need a realistic "weapon sway", i.e., virtually no sway as in real life. the only way you get the ridiculous sway they model in game in real life is if you're standing up and seriously out of breath. How many snipers would shoot like that in real life?

In real life a sniper is going to use some sort of rest/bench. Whether it be his own body or an object in his environment. And why remove the bi-pod for the Mosin?

My point?

The game does not simulate weapon sway accurately at all. The people who are always calling for weapons or other things to be nerfed really irritate me. There is no such thing as "balance" in real life. We are not all created equal. The weapon you choose will be a trade off of some sort. If you pick a Mosin you should be able to easily snipe a person. If you pick a fully auto AK or M4 then you have the advantage at close and medium ranges.

That's true "balance" in my opinion.

Peace.

Edited by Schweinsteiger

I must say sniping in .49 requires more skill. Just practice on some zombies, its not hard to get used to.