Sign in to follow this  
therunningmanz

The word "Friendly" - is it over used in DayZ?

Yes it is overused, people tend to use it even though they have no intention of being friendly. Whenever I hear people shouting it in direct chat I just want to feed them lead. I've been burned too many time to believe you and in my experience, friendly players rarely use that word. Last night on a full UK server everyone was screaming it and then turn around and kill you, then I met a nice fellow who said he was trustworthy, I was a bit sketchy at first but he never took a swing or got too close. I ended up giving him what loot I had because he was a fresh and was having troubles with zeds and players

Edit: nice video and have some beans

Edited by Tobias Winfro
  • Like 1

When people say friendly to me I just try to evade them, unless I am fired upon.

I guess I tend to use the term and I mean it but I often find doing a friendly gesture or the "friendly dance" is best to show I'm not a murderer.

My favorite thing are the guys who yell friendly WHILE running towards me with a weapon raised..... really?

• Like 1

Hi,

In this video I'm playing Hardcore and had a player interaction that really got me thinking about the word friendly and whether it means anything. I hope you like it!

Thanks for watching!

TRMZ

HAHA, you got hobo again at end, f'n priceless.. thats dayz karma for ya.

As a fresh spawn i never yell "friendly friendly", usually run around in underwear screaming like Mel Gibson in that South Park episode "Passion of the J*w" or some other lame impression i suck at = usually makes people laugh and not shoot for a moment or two lol.  When i encounter "friendly friendly" player and im geared = kos, too risky to leave alive.

Edited by Cptn_Miller
  • Like 1

HAHA, you got hobo again at end, f'n priceless.. thats dayz karma for ya.

As a fresh spawn i never yell "friendly friendly", usually run around in underwear screaming like Mel Gibson in that South Park episode "Passion of the J*w" or some other lame impression i suck at = usually makes people laugh and not shoot for a moment or two lol.  When i encounter "friendly friendly" player and im geared = kos, too risky to leave alive.

lol! I'll look out for Mel in game.....

I had to redo that last narration a few times because I kept giving away what happened. Wanted it to be like a little surprise! I don't normally shoot any new spawn unless they keep following me and I've asked them not to. It was the last bit that got me thinking about this vid, he basically shouts at any other player when he has no gear. I know it's really common but it really wound me up for once.....

Never walk up to someone and say "friendly". The best way to approach another player is by striking a friendly conversation like: "Hey, how's it going", or "Wonderful weather we're having". This has saved my life more times than I can count, if you don't believe me, try it.

Edited by Beck

the real question is, when a good guy asks somebody if hes friendly, and that somebody is actually a bad guy,

what is friendly to a bandit? both dont know if the opponent is a bandit, so i cant know in what way the opponent is

friendly, good guy-wise or bandit-wise, a bandit says im friendly just to stay alive to shoot you in the back when he has

the chance to. a good guy must stay friendly but sceptical until hes 200% sure he can trust the other dude.

you never know... dont trust anybody :)

Edited by Axezeroone
  • Like 1