Opterix

Tents disappearing after Wednesday Gobal Maintenance

Hi.

We had multiple tents set up on different locations which we last saw Tuesday night. On Wednesday after the Server Maintenance they were all gone.

- DID ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS? -

If this is the case I would like to know / hear your feedback, and I think it is important for people to know.

I dont think it likely that someone found them all, since they were setup at different locations. The server has confirmed Persistence enabled. From what I take it, its an official Fragnet server.

Additionally, it seems like as if the timespan on the servers are different now. Unlike before, the official servers now run all the into nighttime instead of restarting.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Edited by Opterix

Well you might be right. I was hoping someone could confirm this finding.

On the other hand I now already got one person saying that his tents were still there.

I guess for now tents are not safe or reliable.

Persistent servers have issues.  I lost more loot than you could imagine in the last 2 weeks...

My two tents disappeared too, but I can not write off the tiny tiny possiblity that someone has found them. However, items in persistent servers disappear in backpacks simply by LOOKING at them. I have several backpacks filled with loot. I move some items around in that backpack and some of them disappear. They sometimes disappear when I log in next day or later that day, sometimes, as I said, you can just pick one item from a backpack and some items from that backpack will disappear instantly. Happened with mosin ammo, rice, animal pelt and knife. It is obvious that persistent servers are highly unstable if loot disappears not just from server restart, but by itself, after several seconds.

I had three tents, only one left (untouched, no items disappeared) so I just dispatched it and dropped all things somewhere else.

Edited by MaxRain

Confirmed a few minutes ago one of my tent locations is still secure.  Fragnet hosted server.

All my tents is gone too. "DayZ UK 4-087 Fragnet.Net".  But I'm not sure if it was a server maintenance or a hacker activity..

because they were there 12hrs ago..

All your work suddenly disappears and it feels very bad.

Waiting for confirmation or I'll try to contact admin to "find evidence" thing.

Edited by k3malb3y

My tent has disappered from the server

"DE | Willkommen aus der Apocalypse Percistence Loot"

I'm sure someone has not coming there to bring it up, as i placed it on an island, and you can't grab it up and swim.. exept you do have an hunting backpack of a mountain backpack to put i in. I didn't put inside important items, just few ammo, foods and wood sticks to test if storage work.

...But the server one day has shut down for an entire day and once it came up the tent has gone. Even with the stupid items inside.

Please there's something clear about if persistence storage is working?

Is it working if server restart?

And if server shut down for a day and then it coming up next?

Anyone can suggest a good European Server that is working and it is safe to place a tent?

Edited by GunnyITA

Could you pls check your tents? All of mine are gone..

Server: ""DayZ UK 4-087 Fragnet.Net - Persistence Enabled"

Edited by k3malb3y

I just planted a tent, added an AK101, saline bag, an AKM mag and a sewing kit to it, pitched it at a persistance on server, we'll see if it lasts till next wednesday.

I just planted a tent, added an AK101, saline bag, an AKM mag and a sewing kit to it, pitched it at a persistance on server, we'll see if it lasts till next wednesday.

Thanks I'll be waiting for your reply.

Thanks I'll be waiting for your reply.

So today I joined this server again and I checked out my tent. I noticed the saline bag and the sewing kit were gone. The AK101 and AKM mag was still there. The tent was open too aswell, I think I closed it. Now there are two possibilities my tent got comprimised, but I don't think it would be, It's hidden at a perfect spot on an almost always empty server (max 5 players) also its hidden in a couple of trees and the only angel you can see it from is from the front. Unless you're a hacker or specifically looking for a tent. Not only that It has not been 12 hours since I've pitched this tent the server is almost always empty overnights.

The other possibility is the server reset has swallowed a couple of my items or maybe this is an organization bug. Today I'm putting an AKM and 2 AKM mags, keeping the AK101 and putting gorka pants there and also 2 boxes of 7.62x39 rounds and a tactical vest. I'm organising the tent as the big items would be on the bottom  and goes up with the small ones.

The tent was open, brings up a question to my mind maybe someone opened it. But It's mostly an empty server and who in world would leave an AK101 but take a sewing kit and a saline bag? Especially a salinebag, It's not a that rare item. 

Edit: I was just leaving my tent and I noticed I can't close it. There might be a tent bug.

Edited by Yazar8

So today I joined this server again and I checked out my tent. I noticed the saline bag and the sewing kit were gone. The AK101 and AKM mag was still there. The tent was open too aswell, I think I closed it. Now there are two possibilities my tent got comprimised, but I don't think it would be, It's hidden at a perfect spot on an almost always empty server (max 5 players) also its hidden in a couple of trees and the only angel you can see it from is from the front. Unless you're a hacker or specifically looking for a tent. Not only that It has not been 12 hours since I've pitched this tent the server is almost always empty overnights.

The other possibility is the server reset has swallowed a couple of my items or maybe this is an organization bug. Today I'm putting an AKM and 2 AKM mags, keeping the AK101 and putting gorka pants there and also 2 boxes of 7.62x39 rounds and a tactical vest. I'm organising the tent as the big items would be on the bottom  and goes up with the small ones.

The tent was open, brings up a question to my mind maybe someone opened it. But It's mostly an empty server and who in world would leave an AK101 but take a sewing kit and a saline bag? Especially a salinebag, It's not a that rare item. 

Edit: I was just leaving my tent and I noticed I can't close it. There might be a tent bug.

My tent is on official server now, the NL 3-20 with persistence enabled.

Once i got back to the tent all things inside were invisible, i had to swap position of an item to see everything . But the inventory had a different positioning than when i left it. Plus some cans of food and drinks had disappeared, also a Gorka jacket, a box of shotgun shells and rags  had disappear!....But the Akm mag and some SKS bullet and other kinds of ammos not!

I don't think someone had passed, but i found the tent open aswell...I'm sure nobody passed there as it's a quite empty server and there would been better items to pick up, like the sks ammos

My tent is on official server now, the NL 3-20 with persistence enabled.

Once i got back to the tent all things inside were invisible, i had to swap position of an item to see everything . But the inventory had a different positioning than when i left it. Plus some cans of food and drinks had disappeared, also a Gorka jacket, a box of shotgun shells and rags  had disappear!....But the Akm mag and some SKS bullet and other kinds of ammos not!

I don't think someone had passed, but i found the tent open aswell...I'm sure nobody passed there as it's a quite empty server and there would been better items to pick up, like the sks ammos

Were you able to close your tent? I had to pitch it again to be able to.

Were you able to close your tent? I had to pitch it again to be able to.

me neither....i probably have to do the same as you did .

And as i said above the storage had completely mess up and lost some items....Strange nobody partecipate to this discussion and explain if the storage is perfectly working or not.

Now i've placed a LRS and a compensator inside....i wanna see tomorrow or later if they are still there

same happened to me it is a bug. Items inside the tent becomes invisible after reset. And tent door state is becoming open(locked).

If you put a 'new ' item in that tent whole items are getting visible again.

same happened to me it is a bug. Items inside the tent becomes invisible after reset. And tent door state is becoming open(locked).

If you put a 'new ' item in that tent whole items are getting visible again.

What items did you lose?

What items did you lose?

Man answering this hurts..

I lost

4 * Tents

1 * Mosin + Long Range Scope + Mosin M44 Compensator (loaded)
2 * SKS (loaded)
2 * Long Range Scope
1 * PU Scope
1 * Magnum + Magnum Speedloader
2 * Makarovs + magazines
3-5 slot ammo for each type of weapon.
2 * Firefighter Axe
2 * all military clothing parts
6 slot bandadge, epi-pen, painkillers, antibio.s, morph., chor. tabs, various medical Equipment
Food, lots of food wih 3 * can openers
Hunting & Fishing Equipments
Cooking Equipments
Camping Equipments

You feel me?

Man answering this hurts..

I lost

4 * Tents

1 * Mosin + Long Range Scope + Mosin M44 Compensator (loaded)
2 * SKS (loaded)
2 * Long Range Scope
1 * PU Scope
1 * Magnum + Magnum Speedloader
2 * Makarovs + magazines
3-5 slot ammo for each type of weapon.
2 * Firefighter Axe
2 * all military clothing parts
6 slot bandadge, epi-pen, painkillers, antibio.s, morph., chor. tabs, various medical Equipment
Food, lots of food wih 3 * can openers
Hunting & Fishing Equipments
Cooking Equipments
Camping Equipments

You feel me?

Ahahahah.

Here we say:

"Gote giren semsiye acilmaz."

I found an M4, this is the first M4 I ever found in the game. I decided to put it in to my tent (throwing away the AK101 I have in it) I'm back at the place I pitched it, I'm looking everywhere but the tent is not there anymore.  Hopefully the tent was not deleted when I had the M4 inside.

Anyone else who got their tent deleted today?

I'm seriously going to consider throwing items on the floor instead, how long would an M4 stay on the ground along with the ammo? 

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

There's tents??? 

No we are talking about something in the imaginary DayZ world. We (everyone who posted in this topic) are mad.

Here we say:

"Gote giren semsiye acilmaz."

the moment I see these Turkish words eyes wide open and so surprised :D was just started to feell like I'm all alone here.

about your m4; it will be there untill next restart. confirmed.

I suspect cheaters. those script kiddies can easily locate tent locations and blow them up.

Edited by k3malb3y

No we are talking about something in the imaginary DayZ world. We (everyone who posted in this topic) are mad.

oh, I see