Sign in to follow this  
EvilTigerAce

I magically broke my legs. Guess where.

@ North-West Airfield. No, I wasn't server hopping :P

I walked up the stairs in the fire station aaaaaaand I broke my legs. No splint, no morphine, and, the only weapon I have, the P1 pistol, RUINED because it was in my pants. I normally never store valuable items in my pants but my backpack was full with useful items ^^. There is a small chance that someone shot me but I wasn't bleeding.

I'm glad that I could use the ladder of the tower through the wall, then crawled to the ladder down and then slowly moved towards the forest. Where I am stuck now because I can't walk :D

I LOVE THIS GAME! This is not a rage thread, I love how this game makes me a wounded deer instead of a hiker with a pistol and a mountain backpack crammed with food.

• Like 1

I used to server hop all the time when I first started playing this game, I must have hopped NWAF at least a hundred times...Never once broke my legs except when I fell off the roof by accident lol.  Must just be lucky I guess.

Since you said you were stuck:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/160262-need-medical-assistance-in-dayz-sa-find-your-medic-here/

You could also crawl near a bunch of trees, look at the ground, and scroll your mouse wheel until you see "search for kindling". Then you just push F until you get a stick and hopefully you have a rag or bandage to make a splint with it.

Personally I've only got the random death/broken legs once and ironically it was when I was on the Rify about to commit suicide anyway. I drank a soda near the edge of the ship where I was about to jump off and I just instantly died after finishing the soda instead... I could have been shot I guess, but I didn't hear a shot and I think it was a low pop server. I have had to save several people who broke their legs in firestaion a though.

• Like 1

what's funny is I've been up those stairs like a thousand times with no problem.  but standing in the middle of the floor in a building nowhere near stairs... broke legs 4 times. :-/

• Like 2

I LOVE THIS GAME! This is not a rage thread, I love how this game makes me a wounded deer instead of a hiker with a pistol and a mountain backpack crammed with food.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yes, priority right now for me as a fresh spawn is axe or machete and chop kindling or search the forest floor. Need it for a fire too. I also tear anything I can find into rags and store them in different pockets.

OP, you said you were walking up stairs but were you or were you running? I have always walked up ANY stairs and with 200 hours I have never snapped a femur. (Now I know it's going to happen next time I log I. For sure!) just a theory of mine but anyone else find walking is better?

Always. Carry. A. Splint.

I totaly had to roll out of a police station, and crawl 200 yards to the forest before. My gf was singing 'i will survive' over my shoulder the entire time.

• Like 1

The stairs are an illusion. They may look sturdy and safe but how they function currently can look more like this:

Repair-broken-stair-treds.jpg

The control towers it's riskier to get shot taking the ladder but you certainly won't die because of the stairs going that way. This isn't really an option in the fire station. Make sure to pray before you use those stairs!

If you don't have at least 2 splints on you all time, you are either new to dayz or just not very smart. When I spawn, my number one objective is to get rags and a splint (along with getting food), only then I think about looting for weapons.

Big fucking deal.

Firestation stairs are known for being buggy as hell. You should've know better, and not come here to bitch about it.

Firestation stairs are working fine for me. Never had any problems with them or ladders. The only exception of stairs were those in the ship. I ran them up because I needed to help a friend. Boom, broken legs. I normally walk stairs up. Especially in firestations, where another player could be waiting for you.

this post 10/10

Love it.. :)

I break my legs all the damn time from that bug.. it happens a lot when you are in confined spaces with other players. 

Big fucking deal.

Firestation stairs are known for being buggy as hell. You should've know better, and not come here to bitch about it.

you did read the OP, right? lol

Never stop moving in the firestationtower. That way you can avoid breaking legs.