Sign in to follow this  
Mukaparska

Horrible FPS in cities after recent patches

I have this problem and have NEVER had this problem before .49...  After a few hours of reading up on it, it seems as though x64 users have no issue while the 32 bit users have their game rendered literally unplayable in certain locations (this is my own discovery, through reading many many forums of people with the same problem, it seems not one single person running a x64 had this problem.  However, this is just an observation on my part and is in no way a definitive conclusion).  From what I've seen from the development team though, whatever it is, they believe they've isolated the issue and asked to let them know if it continues after the next steam update.

You need like a Über Intel hexacore processor to get better than 30 Fps in cities on high.

Nope, not true. My buddies have excellent rigs and they get the same performance as I get and I'm using a PC I built 6 years ago (3.8ghz Intel E8500 [overclocked] GTX 650 2 gigs of memory, 4 gigs of RAM, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate).

The game needs to be optimized (and it only takes advantage of two cores at the moment so having a four or more core processor makes no difference) and they won't optimize until late beta , i.e., right before the official release.

Nope, not true. My buddies have excellent rigs and they get the same performance as I get and I'm using a PC I built 6 years ago (3.8ghz Intel E8500 [overclocked] GTX 650 2 gigs of memory, 4 gigs of RAM, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate).

The game needs to be optimized (and it only takes advantage of two cores at the moment so having a four or more core processor makes no difference) and they won't optimize until late beta , i.e., right before the official release.

4gb of RAM? When I had 4gb of RAM, DayZ didn't even start. It crashed and sometimes crashed my whole computer. 

• Like 1

Really? Make it two years, as the GTX 650 was only released in late 2012. So your rig is not THAT old. Sorry for Nitpicking, but I couldn't ignore this. My GTX 570 has done a good job with DayZ SA, but more than 30-40 frames was an illusion. (In cities more like 10)

4gb of RAM? When I had 4gb of RAM, DayZ didn't even start. It crashed and sometimes crashed my whole computer. 

That's because all ram isn't created equal and you have to take the cpu and gpu (and motherboard) into consideration also. When I built the rig back in 2008 (yes, the GPU is newer) I made sure it would last. I bought the best parts I could afford at the time and they have served me well.

Really? Make it two years, as the GTX 650 was only released in late 2012. So your rig is not THAT old. Sorry for Nitpicking, but I couldn't ignore this. My GTX 570 has done a good job with DayZ SA, but more than 30-40 frames was an illusion. (In cities more like 10)

No, make it six years because the GPU is only part of the picture. I'll say it again, I built it back in 2008. I get good frames everywhere but cities. In cities I get anywhere from 15-25 frames with an average of abut 18-20.

No, make it six years because the GPU is only part of the picture. I'll say it again, I built it back in 2008. I get good frames everywhere but cities. In cities I get anywhere from 15-25 frames with an average of abut 18-20.

I never said you couldn't get good framerates. Just was nitpicking about your two-year old GPU inside your 6-Year-Old rig that still today runs well.

And yes, dayz is super playable with my 3 year old rig, too, thats what i wanted to add by mentioning my framerates (that are really good and sufficient for me). I really wasn't doubting your experience, but i still think the gpu is an important part of the picture. You could play dayz with a 6 year old gpu, but i don't think it woukd be too much fun... (memory, etc...) .... no hard feelings,....   

• Like 1

Red_Ensign, on 14 Oct 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

alpha = being able to play the game not a priority

I will send you my PayPal info you can refund me my money since you don't think I should be able to play the game.

I will send you my PayPal info you can refund me my money since you don't think I should be able to play the game.

done.  please allow 4 to getbent weeks for delivery.

and please google 'sarcasm'.

I never said you couldn't get good framerates. Just was nitpicking about your two-year old GPU inside your 6-Year-Old rig that still today runs well.

And yes, dayz is super playable with my 3 year old rig, too, thats what i wanted to add by mentioning my framerates (that are really good and sufficient for me). I really wasn't doubting your experience, but i still think the gpu is an important part of the picture. You could play dayz with a 6 year old gpu, but i don't think it woukd be too much fun... (memory, etc...) .... no hard feelings,....   

No problem, seemed a bit passive aggressive and I'm a sucker for a fight (civil non the less though) :)

Yeah, I imagine an older GPU wouldn't help matters much. I keep hearing that at the moment (concerning DayZ) that the CPU is most important but I find this a bit hard to believe. Maybe it's important but how can it be just as, or more important, then a good graphics card?

Red_Ensign, on 18 Oct 2014 - 8:09 PM, said:

done.  please allow 4 to getbent weeks for delivery.

and please google 'sarcasm'.

Is that the best you can do after saying something as STUPID as what you did? That you are not entitled to play a game you PURCHASED because of the all-mighty alpha bs?

Hello there

Play nice you guys. Although Limemobber may not understand that being able to play at all in this current stage is a luxury I dislike all the sarcasm and lulz being thrown around at eachother.

Discuss, argue, inform and edumacate, dont insult,please.

Lastly, Alpha is a legit point, but it does often require some small explanation.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

orlok, on 19 Oct 2014 - 5:38 PM, said:

Hello there

Play nice you guys. Although Limemobber may not understand that being able to play at all in this current stage is a luxury I dislike all the sarcasm and lulz being thrown around at eachother.

Discuss, argue, inform and edumacate, dont insult,please.

Lastly, Alpha is a legit point, but it does often require some small explanation.

Rgds

LoK

A luxury to use a product I paid for?

Yeah, thanks for the update, now I am certain that this game will never make it out of beta, assuming it ever makes it out of Alpha.

Yeah, thanks for the update, now I am certain that this game will never make it out of beta, assuming it ever makes it out of Alpha.

Think of it this way: you're getting the opportunity to drive a car while it's being assembled. The car being able to even get around the track at all is basically where dayz is at right now. And you're over here complaining about the quality of the ride. "Well I paid $30 to test drive this thing! It should handle like a completed car god damn it! It has a metal steering wheel for Christ's sake!"

Remember that caveat you click to move past everytime you launch the game? It tells you in clear English that the game sucks, will likely suck, and should suck for some time.

Forum moderators are being forced to waste time defending you because you have a sense of entitlement over spending $30.

TLDR; you paid for early access. You didn't purchase a game.

• Like 1

Is that the best you can do after saying something as STUPID as what you did? That you are not entitled to play a game you PURCHASED because of the all-mighty alpha bs?

is your name sheldon?  you obviously don't recognize sarcasm.  just never mind - go be serious in some else's direction now.

This luxury you paid for is the luxury of being able to enter the DayZ world and identify and report bugs as you come across them during the development cycle.  That is all you paid for at the moment.  There is no game, it doesn't exist yet.  It is a game in development.

If you thought you were buying a 'game', you didn't read much of the information presented to you before you paid the cash.  

The money you gave them was to aid in game development and allow them to hire loads more staff to develop it, not buying a game.  

Edited by Beav
  • Like 1

Beav, on 20 Oct 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

This luxury you paid for is the luxury of being able to enter the DayZ world and identify and report bugs as you come across them during the development cycle.  That is all you paid for at the moment.  There is no game, it doesn't exist yet.  It is a game in development.

If you thought you were buying a 'game', you didn't read much of the information presented to you before you paid the cash.  

The money you gave them was to aid in game development and allow them to hire loads more staff to develop it, not buying a game.  

Keep polishing Rocket's knob, but it won't get you a game any faster. In fact at the pace of development the company is going to run out of money before full release is possible or copycat products started long after DayZ are going to be out doing the same thing only better.

But please, continue to fanboi if it makes you happy.

• Like 2

Beav, on 20 Oct 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:Beav, on 20 Oct 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

I'm not a fanboy, I'm just a realist and understand what I'm testing/playing.

Maybe I am off base. Can someone point out another game they had to PAY to play with the understanding that the game wouldn't just be glitch but at times they would not be able to play the game at all?

Also can someone who has been around here from the very beginning let me know when the standalone game officially began development and where we should be in development based on the dates given when development began? My honest fear is that if the game is only 30% done and the rest takes about as long as this portion has then we are 2-3 years from a full production release and at that pace DayZ will be completely overshadowed by newer games that develop at a faster pace.

Edited by LimeMobber

This is the core problem with your prespective on this. 

Let me be clear.

THIS IS NOT A GAME

Its is 11 months into a 3 year development cycle to make a "game"

When it is released into Beta its almost a game.

Its not a "game" until its gone gold and released officially.

This is my first Alpha testing experience in a title of this magnitude, but have tested numerious beta development builds on various "games".  Many have been buggy messes and been playable or unplayable to various degrees.

I can image that COD/Battlefield was a friggin mess at Alpha stages.  Thats why most companies dont usually allow early alpha aceess.

What you have paid for is called "Early Access".  You paid a small amount to test the builds and report problems/issues/bugs. 

I would ask you, how many bugs have you reported to the bug tracker?  Thats what you are supposed to be doing here.

It was cheap because of the financing model.  We bought "Early Acess" to fund the developement and that means we dont have to buy the full price game when it is finished.

Edited by Beav

I have I5 4670k (NO OC), r9 270x and 8gb ram... My frames usually stay between 40-60fps. However, when I go to elektro It drops to about 30fps... thats the only city I have prbolems in.

It's a known fact DayZ works like piece of shit with AMD products. When I first started playing DayZ, my FPS was maybe like 5, but thankfully there was these tutorials how to edit those specific files so FPS increased drastically.

Well As far as the frames go right now Intel/amd doesn't matter . High Enders low Enders all have FPS issues in cities . I have a mid grade amd build . Msi 7950 , and Fx 8350 @4.2 and still notice significant drops by Cherno and Elektro mostly. Now as far as the Engine favoring DayZ I don't doubt it. Just like Battlefield 4 Sided with AMD works better with Mantle . Shit happens , that's the way she goes