Tatanko

Help Hunting Certain Animals

So I've been doing more and more hunting in this game as time goes on, but there are still a few animals that I have yet to get a kill from. Primarily I'm talking about chickens and rabbits, but also the pig (domesticated, not the boar). I guess with the pig, I have to ask: is it actually in the game and spawning?

As for rabbits and chickens, I have a vague idea of where to find them. However, I have not ever seen a rabbit since they became hunt-able in the Standalone. I have seen chickens once ever, in Msta, and for some reason harvesting them resulted in nothing (and yes, I killed them personally, not a zombie... and yes I looked all over the ground for the meat and feathers).

Can anyone give me some tips on where to look for these critters? I think that's my biggest obstacle: knowing where to look. I'm hoping for some exact locations and not just "they're in fields, duh."

• Like 1

So I've been doing more and more hunting in this game as time goes on, but there are still a few animals that I have yet to get a kill from. Primarily I'm talking about chickens and rabbits, but also the pig (domesticated, not the boar). I guess with the pig, I have to ask: is it actually in the game and spawning?

As for rabbits and chickens, I have a vague idea of where to find them. However, I have not ever seen a rabbit since they became hunt-able in the Standalone. I have seen chickens once ever, in Msta, and for some reason harvesting them resulted in nothing (and yes, I killed them personally, not a zombie... and yes I looked all over the ground for the meat and feathers).

Can anyone give me some tips on where to look for these critters? I think that's my biggest obstacle: knowing where to look. I'm hoping for some exact locations and not just "they're in fields, duh."

i have seen many rabbits so far, they also make some sort of hopping sound, first time i faced one i almost shat my pants because the sound was new to me until i saw something small hopping.

all i can say is the many times i ran from village to village, i mostly saw them on a landscape with no trees, like a farmers cropfield, they seem to be pretty rare and never saw at least 2 on the same field. thing i can add aswell is i never saw one in a forest

they can be hard to see from a distance but if you are near one, you will most likely hear it.

edit: i have never seen a chicken.

Edited by Axezeroone

Saw a domesticated pig just north of green mountain, near those helicoptor spawns if that helps.

i have seen many rabbits so far, they also make some sort of hopping sound, first time i faced one i almost shat my pants because the sound was new to me until i saw something small hopping.

all i can say is the many times i ran from village to village, i mostly saw them on a landscape with no trees, like a farmers cropfield, they seem to be pretty rare and never saw at least 2 on the same field. thing i can add aswell is i never saw one in a forest

they can be hard to see from a distance but if you are near one, you will most likely hear it.

Thank you! That helps.

Saw a domesticated pig just north of green mountain, near those helicoptor spawns if that helps.

You're sure it was a domesticated one? I believe you, just making sure :p I'll have a look there later, thank you.

Soon you will have the ability to trap rabbits. Even if you haven't spotted one this method still seems to work with varying amounts of success.  The current experimental build allows for the combination of rope and sticks to build a rabbit snare. I placed one, picked around the town for about 15 minutes and when I came back to the trap, a rabbit had been trapped! Kinda cool if you can remember where you placed the trap.

Soon you will have the ability to trap rabbits. Even if you haven't spotted one this method still seems to work with varying amounts of success.  The current experimental build allows for the combination of rope and sticks to build a rabbit snare. I placed one, picked around the town for about 15 minutes and when I came back to the trap, a rabbit had been trapped! Kinda cool if you can remember where you placed the trap.

I'll definitely be giving that a shot this evening if there are sufficient Experimental servers active for me to play on. Any idea where you placed one (near what town)?

this must be mistak IS NO PIG AROUND HERE!!!!

What I meant to say, Shrub, is that I would like to find a pig and "make friends with it" :) Perhaps ask him to be my travelling companion?

• Like 1

this must be mistak IS NO PIG AROUND HERE!!!!

Shrub Rocketeer ™ will come at you like a spider monkey if you so much as touch a pig! Speaking of, the one I ate and cooked last week was delicious.  :lol:

• Like 1

I pretty sure it was, I had just looted a spawn, and was over watching it after for some easy kills. It kept popping up in the tree line behind and giving me a heart attack each time.

dsdsdsf1.jpg

• Like 1

I pretty sure it was, I had just looted a spawn, and was over watching it after for some easy kills. It kept popping up in the tree line behind and giving me a heart attack each time.

Excellent! Thank you so much.

My guess is its village animal straying out from the nearby town of pogorevka

That would make sense. It would be similar to how chickens spawn in Msta next to (what looks like) bird cages on the northwest side and then wander all around the area.

I've found quite a few rabbits near "Terminus". (The NW train station/bus garages) All along this western part, I've found lots of boars and deers, and when I wasn't seeing neither, there's was a rabbit hidden by grass or trees. I was kind of sad that you can't craft leather courier bag with their pelts anymore. Upgrading it to improvised wasn't possible, and it's ok since it's just a rabbit pelt, but at least we could make a small and practical courier bag. Not anymore.

2m2jnk9.jpg

I'm glad a post of this sort has come up!

In fact i think that there should be a section for Hunters and Campers.

I saw an excellent new tent this guy came up with .....

Please implement this!!!!

Lots of Deer and hogs in the triangle formed by Vybor, Pustoshka, Lopatino.

I've seen one Rabit.

No bears or Wolves in the near by Forests.

All the best!

• Like 1

I've found quite a few rabbits near "Terminus". (The NW train station/bus garages) All along this western part, I've found lots of boars and deers, and when I wasn't seeing neither, there's was a rabbit hidden by grass or trees. I was kind of sad that you can't craft leather courier bag with their pelts anymore. Upgrading it to improvised wasn't possible, and it's ok since it's just a rabbit pelt, but at least we could make a small and practical courier bag. Not anymore.

Thanks for the tip, Odin! I wonder what the purpose of their pelt will be now? Perhaps to make a wallet? :p

• Like 1

dsdsdsf1.jpg

you sure it wasnt a goat?! :D

you saw it from a distance or close up?

i saw a goat for the first time today

i have seen many rabbits so far, they also make some sort of hopping sound, first time i faced one i almost shat my pants because the sound was new to me...

Haha, at least I am not alone.

Was walking a street when I heared the sound. Took cover, raised my weapon, scanned the environment... until I saw this bunny hopping by. ^^

3 times now i'v found chickens at Vyshnoye, so it might be worth checking there. Zombies might have killed them already so you might have to look good in the grass but it's not hard to miss since they're white.

proof:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276058323

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276058357

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276120650

you sure it wasnt a goat?! :D

you saw it from a distance or close up?

i saw a goat for the first time today

I see goats about 90% of the time when I go to Msta.

3 times now i'v found chickens at Vyshnoye, so it might be worth checking there.

Nice. Thanks! I only rarely see them at Msta.