dgeesio

vehicles in for christmas ? beta?

yeah its really delayed now! Was supposed to be beta this december, no way are they gonna make it.

Moving onto other games which have much more rewarding development until DAY Z pulls its trousers up.

So vehicles wont be added any time soon? Thats a huge let down.. Hunting for vehicles is like the only goal in DayZ, thats why so many people play it, gets full gear, and then stop playing, since there is nothing to go back to. Camping the beach killing new spawns? Running for 1 hour just to get sniped in an airfield and then start all over again? There really should be vehicles so people keeps playing this game.

The vehichles would be the current main goal and people would hide them in the woods and guard them while others are getting supples - which results in communities and "gangs" in the game. Right now it's just: eat, shoot, restart. Sure you can sit in the woods around a campfire singing kumbaya, but people grow tired after a couple of hours and wont play again for weeks since there is nothing else to fight for.

truthhhh

could have so easiley just chucked in a couple vechicles from arma 2 engine at release eg. mountain bike, motorbike, and jeep, and then WHEN the new vehicles were finished they would have simply swapped them over. Would have given us something to do over the past 12 months. Don't understand why this not the case.
Anyway, if everyone in the community spoke up a  bit more and urged them to hurry it might help, rather than everyone just accepting the alpha with no vehicles is going to last another 3-6 months?! you paid your money for the alpha, you are entitled to give feedback, my feedback is please add vechicles before christmas, the game is taking the piss now.

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 1

those linked didnt really discuss whats happening .

Because hes an assholemean. People who do this annoy me to no end. You asked a question that anyone can easily answer if they had been previously following the logs and status reports. 

Edited by Accolyte
settle down

Was supposed to be beta this december

No it wasn't. They said that it's basically the best case scenario, but nothing that people should take as a definite release date.

could have so easiley just chucked in a couple vechicles from arma 2 engine at release 

That's your opinion only. Don't say something can be easily done when you have no idea what that would involve. Thanks.

• Like 4

beta was destined for chritmas time.

They were way too optimistic if they said december.

They are still huge amount of work that need to be done before being a beta.

Vehicle, moving the engine to dx10/11, finishing the map, etc.

As you must know, beta is for polishing and correcting stuff. So we are far from here.

Edited by Papanowel

I think we can expect the V3S pretty soon. let me guess, in exp by the end of november and in stable for chistmas.

the beta stage is harder to guess, but september seem to be not too optimistic nor pessimistic.

anyway, vehicles can be a nice add to the game, but it's definitely not the first thing i want in the game.

i prefer :

- disease from cold, infected wounds, untreated water

- balanced and working loot respawn

- working and reliable persistance

- energy consumtion/ food availability balance ( the hard survivalist way of course)

- high population servers (50 is good, 100 would be GREAT !!!)

- crafting traps/bombs/food/gear

then i might look for vehicles

big changes in the game theses days, DayZ is more and more interesting to me. keep on the good work devs !

yeah its really delayed now! Was supposed to be beta this december, no way are they gonna make it.

Moving onto other games which have much more rewarding development until DAY Z pulls its trousers up.

You seem like a real piece of work.

You seem like a real piece of work.

what because i got bored of playing run simulator? I have said many times day z is one of my favourite games but i'm not going to sit here licking the dev's bums like most of you do.

No it wasn't. They said that it's basically the best case scenario, but nothing that people should take as a definite release date.

That's your opinion only. Don't say something can be easily done when you have no idea what that would involve. Thanks.

"We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process.[1]"

And Bollocks as for vehicles, yes it would have been easy to add arma 2 models, as your engine is arma 2 on launch, you would have been able to add arma 2 jeep/motorbike reletively easily, (ie. they are in the engine, need a couple of animations creating).

These models work within this engine (users have done it themselfs. on youtube in DAY Z standalone, and in Arma 3 engine using day z standalone code)

So it is reletively easy, i think that is a fair statement. What is harder, is completely redoing all the vehicles and making them modular, which I appreciate, however as I stated, an easier solution would have been slap the Arma 2 models in at launch, work on your new modular vehicles, and then swap over once complete, thats my point. It would have made the slow first year development more appealing to majority of users. thanks for explaining yourself thoroughly though, you always really make an effort with the community.

Edited by AgentNe0

“Please keep in mind that we do not expect to reach Beta status sooner than the end of 2014.”

"We do not expect to reach beta status sooner than the end of 2014," announced Marek Spanel, boss of developer Bohemia, on the DayZ blog.

The developer also has announced that it does not expect that DayZ will reach beta status before the end of 2014.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/08/dayz-standalone-beta-no-sooner-than-the-end-of-2014-says-dev/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/09/still-many-many-dayz-until-dayz-enters-beta-is-done/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-07-do-not-expect-dayz-beta-before-end-of-2014

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/7/5283942/dayz-beta-end-of-2014

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/72473656344/dayz-three-weeks-on-the-road

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dayz-sales-rise-to-875k-dev-says-beta-not-likely-before-end-of-2014/1100-6416986/

i for one cant see how anyone thought 2014 would be the Beta release date . there isnt a single mention of it . :lol:

Im not sure i even want vehciles because If they introduce them, then they need to introduce ways to counter them, i.e. RPG's, IED's, anti-material rifles etc. If i wanted that kind of play experience, i'd just go play BF4

In this case ( talking about core features)....what ever happened to the promised infection and desease system ??? 

Im not sure i even want vehciles because If they introduce them, then they need to introduce ways to counter them, i.e. RPG's, IED's, anti-material rifles etc. If i wanted that kind of play experience, i'd just go play BF4

You can not compare those games, Cherna+ is nearly 250km², a Battlefield map is like 2km². I don't think a VS3 will be a threat plus there is tons of places where you can easily hide from vehicles.

And Bollocks as for vehicles, yes it would have been easy to add arma 2 models, as your engine is arma 2 on launch, you would have been able to add arma 2 jeep/motorbike reletively easily, (ie. they are in the engine, need a couple of animations creating).

Please sir, share some of your extensive knowledge of the game engine.

Really, do please.

/sarcasm

These threads always bring the armchair developers out of the wetworks. Tell me, do you know anything about scripting or the VR engine itself? I sure don't.

Edited by Cap'n

lets not kid ourselves they could of added the older vehicles in while we waited. i think personally thats what they should of done. they didnt but i understand why myself.

• Like 2

"We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process.[1]"

And how does that quote indicate that it's supposed to be released this December? The game was released last December.. and it's supposed to take more than one year. Am I missing something?

And Bollocks as for vehicles,.... -snip-

Even if it was in fact easy to do, why would they spend time working on something that they would have to rewrite from scratch later anyway? That would be a bit of a waste of time and time is a fairly expensive commodity in game development. The fact that someone imported a model into the game means very little (not to mention that they essentially had to hack into the game to do so, violating ToS/EULA in the process). And even if the devs did import vehicles from Arma2 or whatnot, then you'd be complaining that your car is not pretty enough/the damage model is rubbish/the physics aren't realistic, etc.

The game is in development, features come into the game gradually. If you can't deal with the fact that the feature that you oh so desire is not in the game yet, the best bet would be to wait until they do implement the feature. Bitching about it doesn't do any good to anyone. They will not change their roadmap because of the vocal minority nor should they.

I'll just restate that you have no idea what is being done and why or how difficult it is. Please stop presenting your uneducated opinions as facts.

Edited by Accolyte
  • Like 7

The problem with tons of people is they read a statement like above... and completely ignore what it SAYS... they twist its meaning to something they dreamed up and quote it like it backs up their previous statements.

In short... learn to read AND understand. To assist you in your future reading with the intent to understand scenarios... I will point out the words "estimate" and "more than" and the actual whole 2nd sentence... then Ill point out the total absence of a start date.

Good luck.

Edited by umm_me
  • Like 1

And even if the devs did import vehicles from Arma2 or whatnot, then you'd be complaining that your car is not pretty enough/the damage model is rubbish/the physics aren't realistic, etc

This ^

I seen a few posts from some of the DEVs  saying that due to the "security" of dayZ (working on better hack detection and finding the hacks already out there) has put them a month or 2 behind so on that alone I'm going to assume that Beta is not going to be here by December and vehicles won't come before that, not to mention we're still waiting on barricading.

My prediction (That's all any of us have right now) is we'll get vehicles within the first few months of the new year and Beta will follow soon after.

Also, we don't need vehicles any sooner than needed, I mean get them as bug free as possible before letting us have them so take as long as they need. (same goes for any new implementation of new stuff)

its sad that cheaters are actually making the devs stop making great features and bug smashing to stop there asses makes me want to take the hands of said cheaters and make a nice necklace. oh well done when its done I guess. I'd rather have a slow development with no cheaters than an otherwise awesome game plagued with them.

And how does that quote indicate that it's supposed to be released this December? The game was released last December.. and it's supposed to take more than one year. Am I missing something?

And even if the devs did import vehicles from Arma2 or whatnot, then you'd be complaining that your car is not pretty enough/the damage model is rubbish/the physics aren't realistic, etc.

The game is in development, features come into the game gradually. If you can't deal with the fact that the feature that you oh so desire is not in the game yet, the best bet would be to wait until they do implement the feature. Bitching about it doesn't do any good to anyone. They will not change their roadmap because of the vocal minority nor should they.

I'll just restate that you have no idea what is being done and why or how difficult it is. Please stop presenting your uneducated opinions as facts.

No, no i wouldnt be complaining, the A2 engine vechicles were fine and would have given people something to do.

And no, no it wouldnt take any time. the vehicles were in the engine when it launched. Take your own advice please,

And Im not bitching, hell no. Unlike some people, Im not going to sit here and Lick peoples arses.I give honest feedback and playing a running simulator for almsot a year is getting boring., especially as we have said they could have added things that were in the engine from A2., as this is indeed the A2 engine.

As for the one year quote- that means we should be into beta at just over a year,, we're still alpha, and we're sitll missing many important features.

What happened to your Quarter 1 , Quarter 2, Quarter 3 BS Roadmap that got said once and then completely forgot about?

What happened to the promised survival features?

Its been dragging on a deathmatch for one year almost, and the development HAS been delayed a lot from those Quarter goals and the initial goal of been into BETA at just over the one year mark. Not to mention, the game is full of hackers and BI don't give a sh*t as usual.

Edited by AgentNe0

And no, no it wouldnt take any time. the vehicles were in the engine when it launched

Arma2 Vehicles were scripts. One of the most important steps in DayZ SA engine development was to actually get rid of scripts ( not just talking about vehicles ) since they are perfomance hungry, a security issue and simply not suitable for an MMO game.

So as they are re-writing major parts of the engine, it would have been completely pointless for them to throw in Arma2 vehicles. Scripts use engine functions, so with every engine update, the vehicle scripts would have been needed to be rewritten. Pretty much and useless effort just to keep the Agent happy.

If dayz is a walking simulator to some of you, when they add vehicles won't it just become a driving simulator?

I am dreading the day vehicles get added. Shoot someone, 10 minutes later they will arrive at the dead body in a pick up truck with their friends to see what gear can be salvaged. Incredibly silly and arcade like.

• Like 2

If dayz is a walking simulator to some of you, when they add vehicles won't it just become a driving simulator?

I am dreading the day vehicles get added. Shoot someone, 10 minutes later they will arrive at the dead body in a pick up truck with their friends to see what gear can be salvaged. Incredibly silly and arcade like.

Oh not really though. Unless you've spent the time to repair a whole truck, stash it somewhere and hope no one finds it, spawn near it and then drive back to your body.

More likely it will be like the mod where you'll need friends in the same server who can pick you up. I kind of miss, (And also don't miss at all!) the phrase, "can I get a pick up?" Time will tell how they implement it all though.

• Like 1