Sign in to follow this  
FatherProjects

Those Dumb Zombies !

Hello everyone ! I'm new player around here... And ı have a question... When a zombie tryin to capture me so running after me, I can't running away from it... and when I get in any home I closed the doors and strangely the zombie gettin in home while all doors are closed ! Thats frikin annoyin guys ! 
Anyone knows a way to runnın away from them... please tell me !
Have a nice days my friends !

• Like 1

Alpha, these are problems with the early access game, come back when it is finished. Also you can outrun zombies unless you have an extremely bad computer or it just takes a long time to escape them, you have to run non stop for quite a while, best to just get a melee weapon and kill them.

• Like 2

Alpha, these are problems with the early access game, come back when it is finished. Also you can outrun zombies unless you have an extremely bad computer or it just takes a long time to escape them, you have to run non stop for quite a while, best to just get a melee weapon and kill them.

Oh come on, the guy just bought the game, and you are telling him to come back when it's finished...

To answer your question OP, the zombies are bugged at the moment, so running inside the building won't do much. Try to get yourself an axe, then strafe to the side while hitting him.

If you don't have any weapons, get into first person view, and hit the zombie in the head. He should fall down for a few moments, and you can use that to escape. Try and break the line of sight to get away from him

Edited by Tegla
  • Like 5

Oh come on, the guy just bought the game, and you are telling him to come back when it's finished...

To answer your question OP, the zombies are bugget at the moment, so running inside the building won't do much. Try to get yourself an axe, then strafe to the side while hitting him. 

If you dond have any weapons, get into first person view, and hit the zombie in the head. He should fall down for a few moments, and you can use that to escape. Try and break the line of sight to get away from him

Yeah and that advise would go to anyone who buys this game, play experimental when you want to test the game but otherwise come back when it is finished, you know why people are so negative on these forums, it is because they play too much, play it like it is a full game and then get annoyed at the problems with it. My advise still stands.

Hello everyone ! I'm new player around here... And ı have a question... When a zombie tryin to capture me so running after me, I can't running away from it... and when I get in any home I closed the doors and strangely the zombie gettin in home while all doors are closed ! Thats frikin annoyin guys ! 

Have a can of beans, lord knows you'll need'em!

Some zombies still glitch, not all. But locking yourself in a house doesnt do you any good besides taking a breather to bandage yourself or reload a weapon. Lucky for you, you came at right time, as all melle weapons work efficiently. If you dont have a weapon, i would suggest looting barns, they have sickles or even machetes

all I had one time was a bat. I some how aggroed like 6 zeds within about 1 minute of spawning in. Came across a house with nothing in it but a bat. They all came after me at once, so while running in a circle using only my 'up' and 'left' arrows, I got them in almost a perfect single group. Id just run and whack, run and whack, run and whack, etc. it took forever but with zero bandages and nowhere near to hide, I just took em out. I will always take out any zeds I come across.

it looked like something out a Benny Hill skit... lol

and by the time I killed them, I was sick and starving and basically died a few minutes later anyways trying to find loot (as many servers have zero to low loot if youre lucky)

A few thoughts:

1. Make sure you're double tapping "w" to run fast.
  2. When running, you go faster when not carrying a weapon/gun. If you're trying to flee put it away and put on the afterburners.
  3. Learn about zombies. It's actually quite easy to be around them and NEVER get hit. Learning how to zombie bowl down hills and also keep moving and circle and avoid and you might never get hit and can have a dozen zombies on you and avoid and/or kill them all without ever drawing a weapon.
  4. Here's two videos that will help you with zombies:

• Like 3

The title for this thread seems like the name for a sitcom.

"Those Dumb Zombies"

• Like 1

It seems to be a desync issue when they are chasing you and you close the door but they run through it anyway. Not that I know anything about that sort of stuff. 

The only thing that annoys me is the rate at which zombies can one-hit-kill you when you're not wearing a helmet. These are uncoordinated, reanimated cadavers, not mike Tyson in his prime. 

Also I don't see why they've put in so much damage from zombies attacking you. I understand clothes ripping, but would a zombie hitting you really ruin metal bullets just because they aren't in their cardboard box? I understand it's alpha, but that isn't a glitch, that's something that was implemented by choice (as far as I know). 

If you want to escape the Zombies...going in a building and closing the doors usually wont help much if at all.  Best thing to do would be climb a ladder since they cant climb ladders B) BUT be careful around ladders! they can be a bit glitchy as well. Also going onto a roof or walkway can leave you very exposed to other players.

I would suggest getting good at melee attacks against zombies...It just takes practice

It seems to be a desync issue when they are chasing you and you close the door but they run through it anyway. Not that I know anything about that sort of stuff. 

Zombies ignore doors currently. The navmesh implementation helped a TON to ensure zombies don't run right through fences and walls (they would just clip right into any building and right through the floor before that!), but it's well known that the navmesh change didn't fix the issue with them coming through doors. So if you escape plan includes running into a building and closing the door, I would reconsider that until zombie collision is fixed with respect to doors.

When i was on the exp 0.50. I was able to lock zombies inside buildings and also be inside, close the doors and they stayed out.  Most of the time it worked. Seemed like some buildings didnt work at times, or if the zombies were to close to the door when I closed it the zombie will path through it(its getting worked out im sure), But it was something i noticed on the new patch. So it will get better in time.

it was fun locking 3-4 zombies into a house for the next guy lol. \when i went back to 0.49 they go through doors and i couldnt lock them in. So in 0.50 it was better. Didnt have an issue with zombies coming in houses unless a door was still open, they will still get in, but not so much of an issue with them running through doors. It was a lot better.

just one thing ive noticed.

A few thoughts:

1. Make sure you're double tapping "w" to run fast.
  2. When running, you go faster when not carrying a weapon/gun. If you're trying to flee put it away and put on the afterburners.
  3. Learn about zombies. It's actually quite easy to be around them and NEVER get hit. Learning how to zombie bowl down hills and also keep moving and circle and avoid and you might never get hit and can have a dozen zombies on you and avoid and/or kill them all without ever drawing a weapon.
  4. Here's two videos that will help you with zombies:

Melee was so good in this build :(

Well its fare enough. Considering that this is the early access and not the game :P

Well its fare enough. Considering that this is the early access and not the game :P

No, it's not. The guy bought the game and just asked a simple question. 'anotherdeadhero' didn't have to be a dick about it and tell him not to play because it is early in development

• Like 1

No, it's not. The guy bought the game and just asked a simple question. 'anotherdeadhero' didn't have to be a dick about it and tell him not to play because it is early in development

By the time he finished typing the subject line in there were about 10 threads that he was linked to that would have additionally answered his question. Had he put any effort whatsoever in looking he would have easily found one of the 100,000 topics about the exact same question. Thats the only problem I have with the OP.

By the time he finished typing the subject line in there were about 10 threads that he was linked to that would have additionally answered his question. Had he put any effort whatsoever in looking he would have easily found one of the 100,000 topics about the exact same question. Thats the only problem I have with the OP.

Eh, i stopped thinking of this kind of threads as annoying long time ago. I just find them cute now :)

Eh, i stopped thinking of this kind of threads as annoying long time ago. I just find them cute now :)

I do try to be helpful as best I can. But it still wears on me :/ Especially because there is about 200 topics on this already...

Here's two videos that will help you with zombies:

Thanks for that. That should be helpful...I hope.

Artisan661, on 13 October 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

When i was on the exp 0.50. I was able to lock zombies inside buildings and also be inside, close the doors and they stayed out.  Most of the time it worked. Seemed like some buildings didnt work at times, or if the zombies were to close to the door when I closed it the zombie will path through it(its getting worked out im sure), But it was something i noticed on the new patch. So it will get better in time.

it was fun locking 3-4 zombies into a house for the next guy lol. \when i went back to 0.49 they go through doors and i couldnt lock them in. So in 0.50 it was better. Didnt have an issue with zombies coming in houses unless a door was still open, they will still get in, but not so much of an issue with them running through doors. It was a lot better.

So far I'm finding that random. I have been able to trap zombies inside, and sometimes they can't come in when I go inside a building and close the door. At other times they just walk through the door. One time I had 3 outside the door. One walked in but the other two couldn't get in. The one that walked in just stood there though, and didn't attack me. The oddest thing is when one glitched into the building through the wall but didn't have no legs and couldn't attack me. It just kept bumping into me. When I walked outside it came back through the wall and had legs again. Funny, but annoying. It's an alpha, so why sweat it......

Edited by LordVido

The game is new, and not everything is prefect. Ive ran in this problem many times but not at all recently. Just be patient!

If you're having trouble outrunning zombies, look for low fences to jump over. Zombies don't jump so they have to run around, which means you can put some distance between yourself and the zombie. When running from multiple zombies, I'd advise running out of town into the woods and taking them out one at a time (assuming you have a decent weapon).