Sign in to follow this  
Survive_the_Apoc

How many grenades is too many?

Just played with 4 friends at the NW Airfield. Came across two people, not sure what language they were speaking in local but got into a firefight. We were all in the jail except for 1. They had to have lobbed 6-7 grenades in on us. That realistic to find/stock that many, or are they super rare? Started to make me think duping may still be an issue . . . 

i try to carry 2 grenades. one explosive and one flashbang. the first is a good deterrent, and the second helps with escape attempts (at least this is what i keep telling my self.) if i find anymore grenades, i will hold on to them until i next go to the cost and give them to fresh spawns. sometimes the reactions are quite funny. other times, the try to suicide me. 

It is most likely duping, which of course, is almost as easy as before. I personally found several rgd-5 in a three week period. And flash bangs? They are useless as 80 percent of the time they don't go off, and if they do, they will blind you temporally too.

It is most likely duping, which of course, is almost as easy as before. I personally found several rgd-5 in a three week period. And flash bangs? They are useless as 80 percent of the time they don't go off, and if they do, they will blind you temporally too.

but they also blind others. if you can get them to go, all you have to do is run and hope you dont hit a wall.

but they also blind others. if you can get them to go, all you have to do is run and hope you dont hit a wall.

I'd rather Kamikaze with rgd-5 :)

I'd rather Kamikaze with rgd-5 :)

my second option if the flashbang fails. drop it, unpin it, then i run and hope to survive. if i die, oh well i was expecting it, but if i live, then it is a victory in its own right...

I dont think that duping is possible anymore with this update. If you just serverhop NWAF, you can found those grenades.

I dont think that duping is possible anymore with this update. If you just serverhop NWAF, you can found those grenades.

Duping is confirmed in .49.

I dont think that duping is possible anymore with this update. -snip-

I was curious and googled it. I found 2 methods that work in the current stable build. I won't discuss them here but they're out there.

Also, since the .49 update. I somehow accidentally duped a magazine for my 1911 while reloading once. I don't know how it happened but I blame my super laggy internet... It's gone now though. Eaten by the backpack rearrange glitch along with my engraved 1911 it was in.

Edited by LucidHills

Duping is confirmed in .49.

Yeah, I think I accidentally duped an AK mag earlier, but the duplicate disappeared. So I'm not sure.

Seems like alot of grenade, however if you figure split between a few characters 6 would mean 3 a piece for 2 players which is not hard to accomplish.

I have run across the "dupe" that doesn't actually duplicate the item it just duplicates the icon of the item.

Pulling an AKM out of my tent straight to an empty shoulder resulted in showing that I had the rifle on me and in the tent still. Dropping it on the ground made the one in the tent refresh and go away. So while it seems like you duped the item I would consider it more of an icon glitch that doesn't update the original one as gone.

If this post breaks the rules please delete, I figured it was okay to share since it did not result in a duped item.

though has nothing to do with how many grenades is too much at all :P

Also i carry around 6 grenades, 3 worn/pristine flash, and 3 M67 i sometimes play in small teams and am the Mp5-k door buster with those. when solo its saved me once or twice too.

Edited by RyanH

Also i carry around 6 grenades, 3 worn/pristine flash...

On a tangent - if the grenades are ruined, do they blow up in your hand? Or if a zombie swipes at you and hits a grenade, do you blow up?

That would be awe-inspiring. You'd think, incidentally, that a game with a couple of mines, set in a port area, would have sticks of dynamite locked up here and there. Perhaps the developers could simply remodel the satchel charges.

• Like 1

There is never such thing as too many grenades. Depending on how long you successful survive and how many runs you do its rather easy to obtaining the firepower you speak of. Especially among more than one player.

Just played with 4 friends at the NW Airfield. Came across two people, not sure what language they were speaking in local but got into a firefight. We were all in the jail except for 1. They had to have lobbed 6-7 grenades in on us. That realistic to find/stock that many, or are they super rare? Started to make me think duping may still be an issue . . . 

ARMAaaaaaaaaaaa.....

I found three lethal nades and one flashbang during a night of looting. Never used one because I was killed by a cheater who wouldn't even let me take any weapon in my hands. Therefore my answer is, no matter how much gear you have, it all may be too many and useless. Don't get attached to it.

You can never have enough worn/pristine nades.

The first time I tried to use a grenade I was pinned in the office building on Green Mountain. I was on the main floor and trying to shoot around the conner and out the door. I pulled the pin and pushed G. It fell on the floor in front of me. I started to turn to run into the back room. The two guys who pinned me in were just coming in the front door and were much closer than I was when it went off. I'm pretty sure we all died... I started running back to green mountain but after 15 minutes or so the server reset.

Moral of the story. Always hold G for two seconds then release...

Oh also sometimes the nade will go through walls. I tossed one in a building and it exploded on the other side (outside) of the building. There wasn't a window.

You can never have enough worn/pristine nades.

What's wrong with damaged grenades? Should I toss mine that I'm carrying around? Will they blow me up?

What's wrong with damaged grenades? Should I toss mine that I'm carrying around? Will they blow me up?

they have a low chance of going off. most are duds Especially flashbangs, He grenades seem to work more offten but still less when damaged or less

• Like 1

they have a low chance of going off. most are duds Especially flashbangs, He grenades seem to work more offten but still less when damaged or less

Well that's some poop on my shoes