Sign in to follow this  
Act III

My internet connection, or the game itself?

Any of you experience this?

Shot dead by a player, but they were nowhere near you, or not even facing your direction.

I was behind a wall peaking through a window (3PP:ON) watching a dude, he fires into a room beside him and I die. I must have been lagged out in that room or something. (Weapon switching?)

This has happened to me a few times in 0.49 Stable. Not sure if it is my shitty internet connection, or the patch itself.

I am hoping some of you have had this happen, that way I know I do not need a new modem haha.

- Act III

Trust me, I've got bad internet and havent had this happen since the mod but never in standalone.You may want to look into a new modem, it cleared up alot of problems for me. Well my internet still sucks so ive only finished half of my battle.

If I plan on playing some dayz I usually grab a 6-pack of internet speed at the supermarket on my way home.. jk

I got wireless connection to my router and a crappy 10/1mbit line and I never have this issue.. maybe I'm just lucky.. If only I could drill holes in walls then I could fit a cat6 cable.

So I've seen a couple people gliding around constantly weapon switching.  Is this what you mean by weapon switching?  If so you can't really tell when they are shooting.

I've never had someone shoot a room next to him from far away and it actually be me.  But sometimes in melee combat I do get hit even though they are registered outside of melee range.

Is it possible that you could have been sniped from 600+.  You would never hear that shot.

So I've seen a couple people gliding around constantly weapon switching.  Is this what you mean by weapon switching?  If so you can't really tell when they are shooting.

I've never had someone shoot a room next to him from far away and it actually be me.  But sometimes in melee combat I do get hit even though they are registered outside of melee range.

Is it possible that you could have been sniped from 600+.  You would never hear that shot.

Yes,ive seen players hit 800+ targets on dayz.....

On the top right airfield...

But saying that the sound is buggy as well i hear things in game that my mates cant...so dont know...

Yes,ive seen players hit 800+ targets on dayz.....

On the top right airfield...

But saying that the sound is buggy as well i hear things in game that my mates cant...so dont know...

Hrmm..  I'm not sure then.  Maybe you did just freeze up.  Sometimes that happens.  Was the whole screen frozen but you can still hear sounds?  

Edited by Grundlesmuggler

If I plan on playing some dayz I usually grab a 6-pack of internet speed at the supermarket on my way home.. jk

I got wireless connection to my router and a crappy 10/1mbit line and I never have this issue.. maybe I'm just lucky.. If only I could drill holes in walls then I could fit a cat6 cable.

Why not get a powerline adapter?? its not quite as good as cat6 (but not that far from it, if you house has good quality wiring) no need to drill holes in your wall. It would be a hell of alot better than your current wireless connection and is almost as mess/fuss free..

• Like 1

Yeah lag, I've seen it so many times with some friends I play with. They've been lagging out and on my screen they are next to me but on their screen they are else where, I've even knocked them out lol.

Hrmm..  I'm not sure then.  Maybe you did just freeze up.  Sometimes that happens.  Was the whole screen frozen but you can still hear sounds?  

Please re-read what i said..

I can hear shots from distances that my mates cant so if i stand next to you,in theory you should hear the very same things i can but it doesn't always work that way....

sounds are still buggy in this game....

And over say 600metres its very hard to hear shoot coming in because i camp in death match city shooting newbies on newbie hwy...

Lag desync bug is kind of crazy.

While you are lagging/desyncing everyone on your screen will keep repeating their last action (running forward eternally, standing still, weapon switching). They, the people not lagging, would also see you performing your last action. Both parties are still able to hurt and kill eachother despite the conflicting view points.

Lag desync bug is kind of crazy.

While you are lagging/desyncing everyone on your screen will keep repeating their last action (running forward eternally, standing still, weapon switching). They, the people not lagging, would also see you performing your last action. Both parties are still able to hurt and kill eachother despite the conflicting view points.

That I thought as well until yesterday :( I might upload a movie about it later, I hit a dude with a Mosin like 3-4 times, but I think the shots didn't register (even though he bled and the clothing got ruined), I'm not sure if it was desync, that's why I'm making a movie, I want to know what happened.

@op --> I've had a lot of desync problems since 0.49 and it's definitely not my internet, so it's the game at the moment, I'm 100% sure of that.

Why not get a powerline adapter?? its not quite as good as cat6 (but not that far from it, if you house has good quality wiring) no need to drill holes in your wall. It would be a hell of alot better than your current wireless connection and is almost as mess/fuss free..

Its not as terrible as it sounds. I don't have problem with ping. I dont say that wireless is good but its not as bad as ppl say. I got http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC68U/ and http://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC68/ And its pretty good. But thanks for the tip anyways.

• Like 1