Whyherro123

Anyone excited for the .357 Lever action?

jvhlpwybpr8k.gif

Couldnt care less about what gun, gunpart or bullet type they add next....

jsxptavp7gv3.gif

Sorry to say, but your try to resist the hype-train failed  :P

59eo8wr38hyw.gif

Doood!!

this is me waiting for the lever-action-rifle

t4wnyflkbfa.gif

and this is me when I finally got 1 and stored 3 more in a tent

ec62otq93wnl.gif

Overall:

Repeater is comin' sooon!

howedyjaekjm.gif

If they add a nice ol' duster along with that, I can make a cowboy with a .357 and the lever-action rifle. Yee-haw!

Why not playing a black man with a Mare's Leg?

:p

the DEVs somewhere already said, that doing leg-holsters and dusters will have clipping-issues with the legs.

But once the engine is improved, and when we have a better "hit-detection"-system, they will do this, I'm 99.99999% sure :D

(Chris Torchia, the art-team-leader loves Westerns, it seems, since we already got a Cowboyhat, a revolver and he is making a Derringer, too)

Edited by irishroy

Experimental update is here!!!

Maybe the "Winchester" !!!!

in such a situation of endless happyness, a double-post is allowed

Edited by irishroy

Cause I sure as hell am! With my survival logistics streamlined, I could actually focus on gathering needed tools, instead of running around looking for several different types of ammunition. Plus, lever-action rifles and revolvers are some of the sexiest firearms imaginable......

If they add a .45-70 Gov revolver and lever-action repeater, I will think I have died and gone to heaven. Powerful, reliable cartridge, easy to reload. What's not to love?

ah the Colt Walker that's the revolver I want in RL and in game.

65248d43efdf7b58f3c2c23bd26a4fd3.jpg

ah the Colt Walker that's the revolver I want in RL and in game.

65248d43efdf7b58f3c2c23bd26a4fd3.jpg

Ahh.... the Walker is a cap-and-ball revolver, so it doesn't take actual metallic cartridges. You hand-load black powder and a bullet, press it into the chamber using the lever under the barrel, and fire it after placing a percussion cap on a nipple on the back of the cylinder.  The entire loading process for one cylinder can take upwards of 5 minutes.

They are a good gun ( with big enough BOOM to kill rider and horse in one shot, and capable of cracking skulls if swung by the barrel), but not really all that useful for Day Z.  As far as I know, cap-lock muzzleoaders are really only all that common in the US, especially revolvers.

MArlin.jpg

twins3.jpg

EXP.

What kind of revolver is the one above the huge one ?

yeah.

.410 ammo?

EXP.

What kind of revolver is the one above the huge one ?

The GINORMOUS one is a .45-70 revolver, probably a Magnum Research BFR (stands for "Biggest Finest Revolver", but I like the "Biggest Fucking Revolver" epithet)

The little one is apparently a .22.

Also to note, they are not my pictures, I snagged them off a gun forum....

I just hope they get the ballistics down correctly.

Same as revolver for now, should be 520-560 m/s: 1.5x.

doesn't have the revolver have smth. ~360 according to the latest stable-gamefiles?

Got one!, 

Holds 11 rounds, nice iron sights, not tested it at range yet, but was accurate at around 80m on one of the few zeds i saw, looks nice and weathered too.

gWpQ7tw.jpg

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

Got one!, 

Holds 11 rounds, nice iron sights, not tested it at range yet, but was accurate at around 80m on one of the few zeds i saw, looks nice and weathered too.

gWpQ7tw.jpg

Aww... I had hoped it would have held 11+1 rounds, to make logistics easier......

tNPJ0Fc.jpg

Yup looks nice although I was somehow more randy about pump action shotty :).

We found repeater in some barn, luckily I had some ammo and as lady luck wanted it, there was wild boar lollygagging around, so he was the first victim.

• Like 1

Yes!  Though my use of one will weigh heavily on the quality of the iron sights and whether or not I have a magnum already :)

If anyone finds a spare or doesn't want one they find try cutting the barrel off. I wanna know if you can and what it''s like :)

doesn't have the revolver have smth. ~360 according to the latest stable-gamefiles?

Both are 360 m/s (1,181 ft/s)

Both are 360 m/s (1,181 ft/s)

yeah, but you said it was 520 m/s

yeah, but you said it was 520 m/s

Carbine should be ~520-560 m/s, revolver should be ~360 m/s, but both are 360 m/s.

I found the repeater in exp and tested. The Winchester in the mod has a nicer feel. Too bad.

Yes!  Though my use of one will weigh heavily on the quality of the iron sights and whether or not I have a magnum already :)

Iron sights on repeater are ok. Iron sights on pump action are a bit bad (tiny dot at the end of the barrel).

I have guns all around my house, and what do I keep by my bed side? My Marlin lever action 30-30. Old Reliable.

Are you expecting a grizzly bear to sneak up on you while you sleep? B)

I do agree with the OP...lever action is damn sexy!

Any gun really that I don't have to go dicking around trying to find a mag for is great.

Whatever you think you know in 0.49, forget it. 0.50 is a whole different ballgame (unless they make drastic changes before it's released to Stable, of course).

With that said, a lever-action is going to be a GREAT addition to the game in my opinion. I'm generally not fussed about what weapons we get (or if we even get any more), but since this is basically already confirmed, I may as well enjoy it.

All .50 has is a couple new weapons, more PBO files, and configured loot spawn which grabbed my attention. Some graphical tweaks, nothing major.