Surefire187

Almost every topic has something in common in DayZ

For the short time that I've been checking out this cool forum I've noticed one thing in common with many of the topics/threads. Most of them have a little flame-war going on between several of the contributors whether it be the OP or other people who post. Now, what is a game without a little aggression and rivalry. Men argue, men fight. Some men shake hands.... it's all good.

So my quesetion is, since we flame each other a little bit in every topic anyways, (If you don't believe me check out the recent "has anyone got a grenade kill" thread and look at the boys arguing about not posting their video proof. Why are we locking all Hack threads for fear of a few people arguing when people argue and flame each other about any topic? They are arguing worse than in many of the other posts that have been locked.

The logic to lock up hacking posts because we can't handle a debate is lame. Did anyone cry because it was debated on how to address hacking? If they did, I'm sure they got over it. Hacking is a very serious problem and I think that by letting the discussions remain open, it would serve the developers and owners of DayZ with helping to find solutions. Don't let a few arguments get in the way of the communty of Dayz in having an open discussion that may help the developers find better solutions.

By locking up hacking posts, it looks like DayZ project is simply ignoring hacking problems. That is the LAST THING DayZ needs is for the public to see evidence that hacking is being ignored.

Please tell me how I'm dead wrong about this?

Edited by Surefire187
  • Like 2

i agree with ya. while it's very common on forums to disallow open discussion on how to hack or exploit, it baffles me that there is zero place for any discussion whatsoever on it. i'm sure it's tiring to see and read similar posts about hacking, but i fail to see how that's any different than the constant stream of "so i killed a guy" or "i looted a thing" threads either.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. And of course other people will disagree with me and say that talking about hacking may not really help. But to me, at least I would feel better talking about it. If we only have the ability to send information one way to an admin or developer, I feel like I'm sending information that is being tossed in a basket somewhere. Which may be untrue, but how do I know?

They are not ignoring it there is a marker in red saying read before you post in the sub forums, within it you can find this.

Hacking:
If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff and it will be looked into and verified. Posting a topic will result in it being locked.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 2

Oh, you must be new here, you missed the party I'm afraid.

"simply ignoring hacking problems", where on earth did you pull that wabbit out of it's hat...

We do not mind a little heated discussion btw !

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/168635-whats-the-current-hacking-status-like-in-dayzsa/page-131?p=2109556#entry2109556

• Like 3

We had a topic, one which BattlEye regularly engaged in and instead of people using that opportunity constructively it led to constant attacks on the integrity, competency and ethics of the development team and BattlEye. As a result the topic was closed and you are directed to PM one of the Forum Staff if you believe you have found evidence of an unknown exploit/hack etc or have any other information which may be useful.

If you believe these issues are being ignored then I suggest you read the last two devblogs as cheating was addressed in both.

• Like 5