Steak and Potatoes

[Suggestion] Strong side, Weak side.

Felt like making a character movement suggestion.  Many have suggested a left handed option and here is my thought which would be great played off it.  I would really enjoy a strong side, weak side option with hot key implemented.  When taking corners one could apply the hot key to switch between left handed and right handed thus exposing less of your character when pieing corners or active engagements.  When armed weakside a sway would enable similar to one applied when exhausted and aiming down your sights but a lower percentage.  In addition as character damage hit detection progresses down the road this would have a great adaption.  When the hit detection takes the strong sided portion of the upper torso you could apply the hot key thus switching sides to receive the sway effect which in turn could be more accurate then shaking.  Whilst I don't want a military style play when I am in Dayz, this is more of a realistic approach in alot of aspects to simple movement.  Feel free to add, discard, adjust or slay this suggestion with all your loving.

Steak

• Like 12

Felt like making a character movement suggestion.  Many have suggested a left handed option and here is my thought which would be great played off it.  I would really enjoy a strong side, weak side option with hot key implemented.  When taking corners one could apply the hot key to switch between left handed and right handed thus exposing less of your character when pieing corners or active engagements.  When armed weakside a sway would enable similar to one applied when exhausted and aiming down your sights but a lower percentage.  In addition as character damage hit detection progresses down the road this would have a great adaption.  When the hit detection takes the strong sided portion of the upper torso you could apply the hot key thus switching sides to receive the sway effect which in turn could be more accurate then shaking.  Whilst I don't want a military style play when I am in Dayz, this is more of a realistic approach in alot of aspects to simple movement.  Feel free to add, discard, adjust or slay this suggestion with all your loving.

Steak

I like it!

You should be a cop or at the very least join the military or something.

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 3

I like it!

You should be a cop or at the very least join the military or something.

I see what you did there.  Also on topic it would be an extremely swift addition, with minimal animations that could be tweaked further as the game progresses.  For starters the feel would be quite nice.

• Like 2

Maybe add excercise into effect as well? Say, do pushups to help increase endurance, so that you sway less (DEFINITELY not how it works but I blame alpha)? Or add it so that your "preferred" side becomes dominant.

• Like 1

I like, but im confused on 1 thing. would  we be able to change which side is our strong side? Im a lefty, so I would not want to be penalized in-game for playing like this. however, this brings up another problem. If you can change it, why wouldn't people just change their strong side to whichever side they are leaning to? If someone could clear this up for me that would be good. thanks.

I like, but im confused on 1 thing. would  we be able to change which side is our strong side? Im a lefty, so I would not want to be penalized in-game for playing like this. however, this brings up another problem. If you can change it, why wouldn't people just change their strong side to whichever side they are leaning to? If someone could clear this up for me that would be good. thanks.

You would most likely pick when you start a new character which is strongest.

Though I'm not sure I even like the idea of getting better/worse anyway.

I'd be happy with = accuracy for both. or one always being better than the other.

• Like 1

I'd be happy with = accuracy for both. or one always being better than the other.

Makes sense. I don't like the idea of one always being weaker than the other. assuming if they did this they would make right hand be stronger, since majority of the world is right handed. This would be penalizing left handed people. Also, I honestly don't see the point of this whole thing anyway. What other games have these people played that have left handed shooting? In video game worlds im so used to right handed it would be awkward even though I am left handed.

• Like 1

Makes sense. I don't like the idea of one always being weaker than the other. assuming if they did this they would make right hand be stronger, since majority of the world is right handed. This would be penalizing left handed people. Also, I honestly don't see the point of this whole thing anyway. What other games have these people played that have left handed shooting? In video game worlds im so used to right handed it would be awkward even though I am left handed.

I think the benefits would mostly be first person. You would be able to show less of your body while being able to shoot from cover.

I think the best way would be equal proficiency with both hands. Or a very very good system for making each one get better, but that would be complicated and I'd only recommend it if they add proficiency for other things. Edit: which I doubt they will, any "skills" or "buffs" will be gained from keeping your character healthy, not from experience.

Edited by Agentstapler
  • Like 1

Perfect answer agent, I imagine with the already placed left handed selection suggestions that have come through this would just add onto it putting more depth into character movement.

• Like 2