Photonic

Implement a Moral stat?

I Still think in an Apocalypse that the Rules of Society No Longer Stand And there are No Governing Bodies Police or Otherwise Enforcing Rules of Civil Behavior
Whatever it takes to Survive And your Own Morality Be it What ever it is

...But Perhaps i am Oldschool When it Comes to Perception of an Apocalypse

Edited by NokyoOkami
  • Like 1

How about an extensive reporting funtion for people who kill others without reason? Should the person be found guilty of killing on sight then they will be banned for three days or so.

12674738d1b830a6cwz4ll.gif

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 2

This is stupid, it's punishing people for not playing the way you want them too.

I agree that KOS is out of hand but I don't think that punishing people for it is the way to go.

There should be incentive *not* to kill everyone you see. What can they offer you, what can you gain from not killing them?

A few examples of things that will help with this.

-------------------------------

I was talking on reddit about salvagable parts from non drivable vehicles (I also made a thread about it here) the other day and someone pointed out that if they saw someone looting one of these cars for parts, they might think that they have a vehicle somewhere that they are trying to fix. Suddenly, there is hope of a vehicle, one of the rarest things in the game (this is assuming they would be. 10 per server, max). The goal isn't to shoot this guy and take his stuff anymore, it's to follow him and find out where it is or team up with him and help him fix it.

Caches/bases. If someone is looking pretty geared up and walking around in the forest or a small town, you may think that they have caches or a base nearby. And so the best thing to do isn't to shoot on site anymore, it's to follow them and find out where they're hiding their loot.

Bases will also promote team work. I'll paste part of one of my comments from another thread to show what I mean.

>I also think a detterant to smashing on a door with a sledgehammer will be zombies *and other players* (in the finished game, not as they are now) there should be more of them and they should have some way to respawn (or just a fuck tonne of them to begin with, 50 in a small town). So if you wanna smash that door down, you better have two or three guys ready to fend of the horde.

and

>If I'm making a house I am gonna make it so that a fresh spawn cant get in. The best way to raid a house would be with a squad. If you where doing it solo you would want to do it with lockpicks (which should be rare) and the risk would still be high cause if you get your leg caught in a bear trap your gonna be immobilized and probably scream and all the zombies in a 50m+ radius are gonna hear you. *to clarify, I suggested booby traps should be possible, for this reason*

I think there should be benefits and downfalls to each style of gameplay, but they should be real world consequences. Not emotions and things that effect stats.

You people don't seem to realize that taking away people who kill (aka punishing them for doing something that should be allowed), would make dayz boring as hell, it is thanks to those people, that meeting other people is so full of tension.

Most people complaining about kos (this term only became a thing since the standalone... Nobody until the player wave came nagged about this on the mod), just don't know how to move correctly, plan ahead, stay hidden. And yes that is what gets you killed.

Are they fun? Ofcourse not, they kill you for no reason...

Are they necessary for the game play? Absolutely.

It also teaches you that life is a bitch and that in an apocalipse survival of the fittest is in the work. This does not mean the stronger or better geared people will rule, this means he who adapts themselves the best to their environment will stay alive, in this case hiding for people who kill you. If you get shot allot, maybe you should stop doing that what is getting you shot in the first place.

You people don't seem to realize that taking away people who kill (aka punishing them for doing something that should be allowed), would make dayz boring as hell, it is thanks to those people, that meeting other people is so full of tension.

Most people complaining about kos (this term only became a thing since the standalone... Nobody until the player wave came nagged about this on the mod), just don't know how to move correctly, plan ahead, stay hidden. And yes that is what gets you killed.

It's not full of tension of all how often do you "meet" people really? You encounter them and pretty much always get attacked in some way if you or they don't have a mic.

Encountering people for me just gives me a *sigh* feeling since no fucker can be more civilized than a caveman.

And no there is no possible way to plan ahead for everything and not get killed unless you move at a snails pace and get lucky nobody is watching you creep around like an idiot. There is no way to defend yourself against people on hills waiting to snipe you it's not possible to cover every hiding place.

I wish people would stop acting like every time you get killed it's because you're not skilled enough, just isn't the case. Skill plays no part in someone you couldn't see without looking at them and seeing them move shooting you from a distance, or someone too far away for your computer to even render.

Survivability in this game is almost entirely luck based, beyond the chosen few who have no strategy to their movements and just run everywhere.

Anyway, that's off the point.

No.

Morality would just be annoying, I don't like people and don't want to interact with them in positive ways, if I need something then yeah I'd trade but with this games community, not worth the damn risk unless it's set up on here so I'd rather just avoid people, in real life it wouldn't bother me at all. If the world had ended and I was alone and had the option to have any creature be my companion it would be a dog or something not a person.

So why should I be forced to be nice to people who probably won't follow the system anyway?

Along this lines though if done properly sanity would be kind of cool, the first human kill you get should have some kind of affect on you and being constantly attacked by zombies and players too should mess your character up a bit, shakes and stuff.

This would be good to encourage people to step back sometimes, constant near death experiences would make anyone go mental so it'd stop them from their MLG CoD rampages constantly, they can go back to it of course but it gives other people a break for a while at least.

It's not full of tension of all how often do you "meet" people really? You encounter them and pretty much always get attacked in some way if you or they don't have a mic.

Encountering people for me just gives me a *sigh* feeling since no fucker can be more civilized than a caveman.

And no there is no possible way to plan ahead for everything and not get killed unless you move at a snails pace and get lucky nobody is watching you creep around like an idiot. There is no way to defend yourself against people on hills waiting to snipe you it's not possible to cover every hiding place.

I wish people would stop acting like every time you get killed it's because you're not skilled enough, just isn't the case. Skill plays no part in someone you couldn't see without looking at them and seeing them move shooting you from a distance, or someone too far away for your computer to even render.

Survivability in this game is almost entirely luck based, beyond the chosen few who have no strategy to their movements and just run everywhere.

Anyway, that's off the point.

No.

Morality would just be annoying, I don't like people and don't want to interact with them in positive ways, if I need something then yeah I'd trade but with this games community, not worth the damn risk unless it's set up on here so I'd rather just avoid people, in real life it wouldn't bother me at all. If the world had ended and I was alone and had the option to have any creature be my companion it would be a dog or something not a person.

So why should I be forced to be nice to people who probably won't follow the system anyway?

Along this lines though if done properly sanity would be kind of cool, the first human kill you get should have some kind of affect on you and being constantly attacked by zombies and players too should mess your character up a bit, shakes and stuff.

This would be good to encourage people to step back sometimes, constant near death experiences would make anyone go mental so it'd stop them from their MLG CoD rampages constantly, they can go back to it of course but it gives other people a break for a while at least.

Yeah insanity....but more in the lines that if you kill X amount of people.. you character starts to suffer from depression, slowly losing your mind.. and eventually shooting yourself in the head. A bit like a count down... one more kill... and you can't cope with it any more.  

Edited by Cpanther

They just started adding actual survival mechanics, which people are whining about, so wait till they add more and you'll see less KoS'ing.  Once ammo and guns become a rare commodity and the infected become more of a threat people won't be so willing to shoot on sight for fear of wasting their precious ammo.   Worried about snipers?  They'll eventually starve or freeze to death.  You people realize the game is nowhere near completion, right?  Also, there is a thread dedicated for you to whine in about being KoS'd.

Yeah insanity....but more in the lines that if you kill X amount of people.. you character starts to suffer from depression, slowly losing your mind.. and eventually shooting yourself in the head. A bit like a count down... one more kill... and you can cope with it any more.  

Problem Here is When you Kill To Protect your Self from a Person Trying to Kill You and We Get this Penalty too

Edited by NokyoOkami

Problem Here is When you Kill To Protect your Self from a Person Trying to Kill You and We Get this Penalty too

Act

Still.. killing is killing, even in self-defence ... it will make people think twice before killing, and only do it when isn't any other options.

Edited by Cpanther

I Still think in an Apocalypse that the Rules of Society No Longer Stand And there are No Governing Bodies Police or Otherwise Enforcing Rules of Civil Behavior

Whatever it takes to Survive And your Own Morality Be it What ever it is

...But Perhaps i am Oldschool When it Comes to Perception of an Apocalypse

I agree totally. The apocalypse should have no rules, except the ones you can enforce via copious amounts of weaponry.

I do, however, have this dream of carving out my own nation in the Post-Apocalyptic lands of Chernarus, and establish my own evil secret police to keep the people in line. Those who will not submit to my rule will be shot. Those who break the rules of my nation will be shot/fed to zeds.

• Like 1

IT really scares me that noobs always post this same shitty topic. no no no.... use the search function buddy this has been suggested so many times but most people who know whats going on with dayz dont want it.. it was in the mod for a bit with a bandit face icon. You just need to man up :D

I agree totally. The apocalypse should have no rules, except the ones you can enforce via copious amounts of weaponry.

I do, however, have this dream of carving out my own nation in the Post-Apocalyptic lands of Chernarus, and establish my own evil secret police to keep the people in line. Those who will not submit to my rule will be shot. Those who break the rules of my nation will be shot/fed to zeds.

Once(if)  Graffiti is Implimented I Can Do your Propaganda for the New World Order lol xD

Painting your Avatar on the Walls Writen Underneath

"Obey or Die"

Edited by NokyoOkami
  • Like 1

Still.. killing is killing, even in self-defence ... it will make people think twice before killing, and only do it when isn't any other options.

But Sometimes it is Inevitable And at Some Point it Gets in the Way of Long Term Survival

I Don't want to nor Enjoy Having to Kill

But Fact is we are all the Same Speed and Strength You Cant run and one will Die in Most Scenario

Thus Meaning Killing Still Happens But For those of us Who Care/Want to Survive for Months Killing one Guy Every 1-2 Months We Get the Judged Death

While Bandits Who Commit Suicide Because they Didnt Spawn Were they Wanted to or Have an Injury and Dont Value their Life Will Continue Killing  Or Causing us to Kill them in their Attempt

Go Most Part unaffected as their Lives are Short and Meaningless outside Death and Causing Death

Thats My Problem About that :(

Edited by NokyoOkami

IT really scares me that noobs always post this same shitty topic. no no no.... use the search function buddy this has been suggested so many times..................................................................

Links or don't bother...

Why do you guys turn everything into a KOSfest :murder: have you no Morals ?

They just started adding actual survival mechanics, which people are whining about, so wait till they add more and you'll see less KoS'ing.  Once ammo and guns become a rare commodity and the infected become more of a threat people won't be so willing to shoot on sight for fear of wasting their precious ammo.   Worried about snipers?  They'll eventually starve or freeze to death.  You people realize the game is nowhere near completion, right?  Also, there is a thread dedicated for you to whine in about being KoS'd.

This. 

You guys are surprised that people are trigger happy, well with :

Ammunition and guns being over-abundant

Zeds not being a threat

Survival being barely out of its diapers

People simply have nothing better to do. They have too much ammo and pimped out guns, they don't need to struggle to survive against environment and or hordes of zeds. So they kill. But once ammo is scarce and all the survival elements are in full effect KoS will drop down. Not because people will choose to, but they simply won't be able to spray everyone with bullets. 

Links or don't bother...

What's morals ?

Links or don't bother...

What I was stating has nothing to do with a KOS fest what are you talking about ?

I'm not pro KOS.

Edited by liquidcactus

But Sometimes it is Inevitable And at Some Point it Gets in the Way of Long Term Survival

I Don't want to nor Enjoy Having to Kill

But Fact is we are all the Same Speed and Strength You Cant run and one will Die in Most Scenario

Thus Meaning Killing Still Happens But For those of us Who Care/Want to Survive for Months Killing one Guy Every 1-2 Months We Get the Judged Death

While Bandits Who Commit Suicide Because they Didnt Spawn Were they Wanted to or Have an Injury and Dont Value their Life Will Continue Killing  Or Causing us to Kill them in their Attempt

Go Most Part unaffected as their Lives are Short and Meaningless outside Death and Causing Death

Thats My Problem About that :(

Could also have a system that your slowly recover your sanity if you don't kill anyone for sometime, lets say you kill 10 people, you starting to go insane..but if you don't kill anyone for 3 days you start to recover some of your sanity..and the count stars to slowly go back to normal.

What I was stating has nothing to do with a KOS fest what are you talking about ?

I'm not pro KOS.

IT really scares me that noobs always post this same shitty topic. no no no.... use the search function buddy this has been suggested so many times..................................................................

Links or don't bother...

Could also have a system that your slowly recover your sanity if you don't kill anyone for sometime, lets say you kill 10 people, you starting to go insane..but if you don't kill anyone for 3 days you start to recover some of your sanity..and the count stars to slowly go back to normal.

Or maybe we could not have a stupid moral enforcement system that protects the weak and punishes people who kill in self defence, because game won't be able to tell why yo killed. 

Or maybe we could not have a stupid moral enforcement system that protects the weak and punishes people who kill in self defence, because game won't be able to tell why yo killed. 

I think what i suggested is very fair..the only people will have a problem with it is freshspawn killers and camping snipers. Everyone else shouldn't have any problems managing their sanity.

Edited by Cpanther

I think what i suggested is very fair..the only people will have a problem with it is freshspawn killers and camping snipers. Everyone else shouldn't have any problems managing their sanity.

No the system you suggested is not fair because it enforces penalties on people in a game which is based on not facing game enforced consequences. 

No the system you suggested is not fair because it enforces penalties on people in a game which is based on not facing game enforced consequences. 

You mean killing freshSPAWNS, and server hopping snipers that camps one spot across multiple servers... right ? That is abusing the game mechanics and should be punished .

You mean killing freshSPAWNS, and server hopping snipers that camps one spot across multiple servers... right ? That is abusing the game mechanics and should be punished .

No killing fresh spawns is not abusing game mechanics, I don't even know how you arrived at this conclusion. Being an asshole is not abuse of game mechanics. 

As for server hopping snipers (assuming that they exists), sniping is also not abusing of the game mechanics, and server hopping won't be fixed by moral code. 

Have some dignity and just admit that you want to stop killing at all cost, because you want to force people to have a friendly interaction that you need so bad or you want to role play and those big mean guy won't let you play with your Barbie dolls 

Edited by General Zod

No killing fresh spawns is not abusing game mechanics, I don't even know how you arrived at this conclusion. Being an asshole is not abuse of game mechanics. 

As for server hopping snipers (assuming that they exists), sniping is also not abusing of the game mechanics, and server hopping won't be fixed by moral code. 

Dude...being an asshole is something that should be punishable, in a game or not.... and "exploiting" the game mechanics to be moron is something that shouldn't be allowed. 

Dude...being an asshole is something that should be punishable, in a game or not.... and "exploiting" the game mechanics to be moron is something that shouldn't be allowed. 

Why should it ? Because you don't like it ? Last time I checked DayZ is a sandbox that is player story driven. Which is why devs have decided not to add any of your stupid moral standards and humanity systems. And again there is no exploiting of in game mechanics, killing is allowed in game, and therefore doing so is not an exploit.