Karmaterror

Loving the new temp feature :)

Temperature in the mod was one of those things that never really came into play. I always used to pass on heatpacks, saving my valuable inv space for other things.

Now i wish heatpacks were as abundant as in the mod lol, This system makes me actually feel like temp is a concern. I spent 45 mins running round last night and my number one priority was warm cloths. This is exactly how I hoped the SA would go,  making us consider our survival over anything else.

I know its got its issues atm, for example I have a nice wool coat, summer hunter pants, beanie and gloves....and my temp is still dropping (could have something to do with still being damp) but its just great to be thinking about other things than gunzzzz :)

10/10 for improvement over the mods temp system!

I like the concept, I understand that we're testing it but wearing a hat, baloclava, gloves, jacket and backback and sprinting for 15 minutes and I'm still freezing is "lolz"

Unless the outside temperature is extreme, as in freezing cold or boiling hot, you are neither going to go hypo or hyper - thermic. So unless Cherno is going to experience -20 celsius and +50 Celsius these two conditions shouldn't even be in the game.

• Like 1

Temperature system is great thing and I'm glad it is in the game.

Rather simple thing but because of temperature, completely foreign folks joined up with me in order to create camp fire and survive.

Having said that, the current iteration of temp.system must be buggy.

Full gorka set, gloves, hat, balaclava, fully energized & hydrated and still was freezing.

Such could only happen in harsh winter, not during autumn.

My buddy also frozen in that down jacket, which is basicaly jacket for winter filled with feathers right? There's not much warmer than that.

So once it's fixed, gonna be good times again!

wow another thread about someone who loves BUGS. Temperature system is BROKEN. Slowly cooling off/slowly warming up... what is there to love exactly? I love the new melee system, I love no clipping zombies, I love hackers on every server!!!

is the falling temperature also depending on daytime? / weather?

I know it seems to be cooler in the North, also at altitude, (the higher you up the cooler it is).. rain affects you temperature rapidly. No sure about night time because i haven't been in any night servers.. but it seems to be more than one factor that affects how cold you are, and how fast you cold down.

I know it seems to be cooler in the North, also at altitude, (the higher you up the cooler it is).. rain affects you temperature rapidly. No sure about night time because i haven't been in any night servers.. but it seems to be more than one factor that affects how cold you are, and how fast you cold down.

muchaz gracias for info :)

• Like 1

is the falling temperature also depending on daytime? / weather?

Far as I can tell being damp makes your temp drop a lot faster. When I was dry I had the alternating "slowly warming"/"slowly cooling" messages, then I got caught in the rain and got the cold status a few mins later. After taking shelter and drying off it went away after about another 5-10 mins.

Don't know weather overcast or sunny weather effects it yet but I hope it does eventually :)

wow another thread about someone who loves BUGS. Temperature system is BROKEN. Slowly cooling off/slowly warming up... what is there to love exactly? I love the new melee system, I love no clipping zombies, I love hackers on every server!!!

Yeas, shocker, the first implementation of a feature in an alpha game is buggy. I think we all expected as much. But lookingat how the system is going to function in comparison to the mods puts it leaps and bounds ahead. Wasn't that the point of SA to expand and improve on the mods features by writing them from the ground up :)