Sign in to follow this  
NagsterTheGangster

How to "Play in a lit up city at night"

So I did a little research and the general consensus around here is that people would NOT like cities to be lit up a night in 3rd person servers due to the immersion breaking part of it....

However, I thought of something:

-Buy a night server

-Take newspawn with minimal items to a city (maybe with a few friends)

-Load the fuck up with flares and chemlights, etc.

-Go into all the buildings and drop the light sources

-Enjoy! After the fact you'll be immersed in a fully lit city of trippy colors!

Just would need an admin to run around every 60 min or so and drop more light sources.

Have the courier have a flare out at all time to avoid being shot and make it a server rule not to carry flares in the city being lit..So those who kill the admin will be kicked knowing the rules were set in place.

I'm gunna do it one day....

Itll be dope.

Im tellin ya.

Opinions?

• Like 1

That'd be such a fun lil' thing to do!
Full support on this, but think about the maintenance and attention required from the admins during up time though.

Gonna' be tough on your part!

haa,I guess the idea just doesnt interest me but I dare say we all have a dayz fetish at heart that others wouldnt understand :D

• Like 1

Make a public event and get people to attend it.

It would be awsome :)

As bizarre as it would sound to someone who has no idea about dayz..I godda say it.

I cant wait till lighting is fixed FUCK !! excited about sitting in my house with just a chem light that wont emit outside the walls and attract arse cake bandits sounds strange considering most games light is correct before its released... man the arma engine truly is a peice of shit !! haha ^_^

Edited by liquidcactus

As bizarre as it would sound to someone who has no idea about dayz..I godda say it.

I cant wait till lighting is fixed FUCK !! excited about sitting in my house with just a chem light that wont emit outside the walls and attract arse cake bandits sounds strange considering most games light is correct before its released... man the arma engine truly is a peice of shit !! haha ^_^

They'll still be able to see the light through the windows. xD

So I did a little research and the general consensus around here is that people would NOT like cities to be lit up a night in 3rd person servers due to the immersion breaking part of it....

-snip-

Opinions?

I pretty much will break chem lights and pop flares in place every time I find them at night.  I have even been know to carry and drop functional gas lanterns and leave them turned on in buildings just for the hell of it.  People may not like that but I could give a hoot less.

Edited by Barnabus