Sign in to follow this  
dinostaRR

Attachments 0.49

I found a long range scope (and a magnum finally!) in the Novo tower yesterday. I haven't seen any pu scopes in .49 either or ammo boxes. I forgot they were a thing until someone in here reminded me!

Can we get some love on the bipods part of the question.  Has anyone seen these anywhere after .49?  Barracks only?  Chopper only?

Based on constant loot running since 0.49 implementation, including a lot of crash site (probably over 200 site runs) and barracks running, I've seen pretty much everything else (including a single can opener...). but never a bipod.

There seem to be none available for trade either. Given this, I'm assuming the bipod simply doesn't spawn in 0.49. This is bad.

Based on constant loot running since 0.49 implementation, including a lot of crash site (probably over 200 site runs) and barracks running, I've seen pretty much everything else (including a single can opener...). but never a bipod.

There seem to be none available for trade either. Given this, I'm assuming the bipod simply doesn't spawn in 0.49. This is bad.

I have similar experience. Having found 3 M4s, 4 PSO scopes, a dozen-ish ignored folding buttstocks, i have found zero bipods.

Searched every military location from balota to Nwaf, multiple times, have 3 akms handful of mags and zero attachments basically.

I assumed the majority are at crash sites.

This is more what I figured.  I've had a buddy find a pso-1 in barracks and a folding stock, which seem to be the rarest of the non m4 attachments only once.  But never a bipod.  

It makes the RiS M4 guard and whatever-the-AK guard a bit pointless too. So, uh let's get on it devs m'kay? <_<

Well the weapon light is pointless because the loot system is such that the servers have to reset often to get it to respawn and the game state is pvp all day every day so it's just alwasy day outside.  I'm really excited for when the game is ready to be played in a full day cycle, with night and day gameplay and respawning loot.  So that playing for 4-5 or 6+ hours doesn't mean server hopping for loot.

Maybe we can get a dev in here to ask about bi pods.  Everything else we've talked about in here at least one person has come in saying they've found it.  Bi pods seem universally absent.  Be nice to know if they're off the loot table for now.

Loot equality, give everyone a chance to get all sorts of loot EVERYWHERE on the map.  It is crazy that the developers are trying to prevent server hoppers.  In fact what most people nowadays do is go to vybor or NW and server hop.

The new problem:  because loot is scarser, because everything gets looted directly after restart there is less fair chance to even find that 'scarser' loot.

Developers before making it more a survival game, think first before you do.  Loot EQUALITY, do not forget that word.

And good job on encouraging server hopping more! sigh.

Oh btw because hackers can do what they want people are forced to server hop to find their stolen loot by hacker again.   Please THINK!

According to the DayZdb map, the bipod no longer spawns anywhere, making it essentially a "retired" item like many others. I'm not really sure how that map is created, but I'm assuming it's using game files to see where each item is coded to spawn. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Loot equality, give everyone a chance to get all sorts of loot EVERYWHERE on the map.  It is crazy that the developers are trying to prevent server hoppers.  In fact what most people nowadays do is go to vybor or NW and server hop.

The new problem:  because loot is scarser, because everything gets looted directly after restart there is less fair chance to even find that 'scarser' loot.

Developers before making it more a survival game, think first before you do.  Loot EQUALITY, do not forget that word.

And good job on encouraging server hopping more! sigh.

Oh btw because hackers can do what they want people are forced to server hop to find their stolen loot by hacker again.   Please THINK!

I couldn't agree more. Making loot more rare did NOT make this game more enjoyable. All it's done is strengthen the server hoppers and weaken everyone else. 

According to the DayZdb map, the bipod no longer spawns anywhere, making it essentially a "retired" item like many others. I'm not really sure how that map is created, but I'm assuming it's using game files to see where each item is coded to spawn. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

I couldn't agree more. Making loot more rare did NOT make this game more enjoyable. All it's done is strengthen the server hoppers and weaken everyone else. 

This type of mentality baffles me.  The game is about to enter it's .50 iteration and the developers have shown some vision and promise.  As a result, people are unhappy because it makes loot "rarer" now.  Here is a few pieces of information for you:

-the "advantage" your talking about is largely cosmetic.  You can get an SkS and Mosin without server hopping and going to NWAF.  Both of these guns kill extremely fast, there is only a slight difference if using the AK flavors or M4 when PvPing and if this difference is worth it to you, then go run and find one.

- Because the only way to respawn loot is to restart the server we have an extremely unfriendly server restart cycle.  Because there really isn't much else to do than run and PvP, it's always day time and "friendly" interaction is rarer than unfriendly interaction.  Given this, why would you maintain server "loyalty" and not hop?  Seems like a stubborn way to play just because you don't like server hoppers.

And the main point is how can you not see what the devs are doing.  All spawns in between or near Svet - Cherno, civilian airports near these locations.  Civilian weapons being added.  More military bases in the NW.  They are making the map a progression.  Spawn on the coast, loot civilian weapons, supplies, food.  This will keep you alive.  If you want more, head northwest.  If you want to server hop when you get there then server hop.  When you come back down to the coast to fight, all that loot you spent time server hopping for will be taken by someone with a repeater.

Just embrace that the rarity of loot now reflects a larger plan, and not your short sighted vision.

The problem is that everyone is hungry for the best items as well as desiring pvp. The harder it is to find uber gear, the more punishing it is when you die to pvp.

What they don't realize, is that creating that relationship between rare gear and "permadeath" is the main source of tension in dayz. Without that tension, the game spirals into boring, predictable pvp that stays stagnant.

Think of it this way: that AK101 that you spent 3 hours finding is important to you. You don't want to lose it. But at the same time, it gives you an advantage over players with easier to find rifles.

So while those top tier players are harder to kill, they have more to lose.

So I haven't found much.  M4 attachments are obviously only at heli crash sites.  The long range and PO scope seem to be the most common being in higher end residential, industrial, and military places.  The PSO-1 plus the other attachments seem MUCH rarer and ONLY at military spawns...which currently are only barracks it seems like.  The tents have been reduced to "supply" spawns I think.  The "bunkers" though (firing bunkers with sandbag liner) seem to have military loot.

The one thing I can't seem to find at all, ever, anywhere is a bipod.  Can we confirm this has been moved to heli crashes only, or is it just as rare in barracks as the folding butt stock and the PSO-1 scope

Think they just forgot to add it in again or something. dosent seem to spawn anywhere. found all other attachments

Also removed from the loot tables since it no longer spawns on the weapon and never spawned anywhere else serpreatly