Sign in to follow this  
OptimumVision

Auto five and twenty gauge ammunition.

The auto five is a semi automatic 20 gauge shotgun that I think would be a most interesting addition to dayZ SA, if implemented it should have less damage but more ammo holding then the double barrel due to its twenty gauge ammunition, and should hold a maximum of five rounds at once.

It'd most likely spawn inside piano houses and other low-mid value weapon areas, similar rarity to the Mosin or the double barrel.

Here's what it looks like.

http://imgur.com/UyOGeRU

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the auto-5. I'd also like to see a cut down version that's still shoulderable however, albeit with a shorter stock. Why not have it take regular 12 gauge? The 12 gauge can hold 5 rounds already.

I'm a big fan of the auto-5. I'd also like to see a cut down version that's still shoulderable however, albeit with a shorter stock. Why not have it take regular 12 gauge? The 12 gauge can hold 5 rounds already.

Perhaps it'd be neat if you could take it apart, give it a different receiver and barrel and switch ammunition types.

I would, for one, be happy to see a semi auto 20 guage enter the game. The 20g has its merits and why not something like a Saiga 20 magazine fed semi auto to help keep with the 'russian' kit.

Once again, the saiga is also available in the 12 gauge. I see no merit to the 20 gauge. My father owns a 20 gauge and a plethora of 12 gauges. I use a 12 gauge every time. (I only own rifles, no shotguns. One day I'll have to get an auto-5 and a saiga)

The 20 gauge just doesn't have the oomph of the 12 gauge.

It's just something to clog up logistics. Use the 12 gauge, you'll be happy you did. That being said, I love the saiga and the auto 5. Amazing guns.

The 20 gauge is for women and children, imo.

Once again, the saiga is also available in the 12 gauge. I see no merit to the 20 gauge. My father owns a 20 gauge and a plethora of 12 gauges. I use a 12 gauge every time. (I only own rifles, no shotguns. One day I'll have to get an auto-5 and a saiga)

The 20 gauge just doesn't have the oomph of the 12 gauge.

It's just something to clog up logistics. Use the 12 gauge, you'll be happy you did. That being said, I love the saiga and the auto 5. Amazing guns.

The 20 gauge is for women and children, imo.

I have used, shot and own a 20 guage along with 12 guages and a number of other firearms; I am far from either a child or a woman bieng male, ex military and 38yo just to make that quite clear so why should it be just for women and kids. I find the 20g a nice balance for smaller game, wildfowl (which I use mine for) and even home defence if you are that way inclined.

They won't add 20 gauge cos it's way too similar to 12 and there are a bunch of more suitable semi-autos than the old Auto-5, Russian, Turkish, European and American...

• Like 1

Wasn't this made just on the turn of the 20th century more than 100 years ago? Why not something more common and local to the area DayZ is set?

I have a Browning A-5 in 12 gauge. :)  boom boom boom boom boom.

Wasn't this made just on the turn of the 20th century more than 100 years ago? Why not something more common and local to the area DayZ is set?

The auto 5 is still very common. I have to ask the obligatory: are you an american? That being said, the auto-5 was made until 1998. That's right, 1998.

I'd love an auto-5, they have so much character.

The auto 5 is still very common. I have to ask the obligatory: are you an american? That being said, the auto-5 was made until 1998. That's right, 1998.

I'd love an auto-5, they have so much character.

They made around 3 million Auto-5s but most were made ages ago when there was less globalization and when, notably, the Soviets would not allow people to import Browning Auto-5s :lol: Remington produced 5 or 6 million 1100s in about half the time and it's still produced and very popular today. Don't really see how the Auto-5 is a superior choice to that one or a plethora of other common shotguns. If you want to find region-appropriate semi-automatic shotguns you can just visit European and Western European gun forums and see what guns people are talking about and what's commonly advertised in the For Sale sections. Modern Berettas, Benellis, Fabarms, Baikals, Winchesters, Franchi, etc are more commonly seen than any Auto-5s. And various Turkish guns seem to be quite popular, a lot more so than in North America. 

LLluqJU.jpg?1

They made around 3 million Auto-5s but most were made ages ago when there was less globalization and when, notably, the Soviets would not allow people to import Browning Auto-5s :lol: Remington produced 5 or 6 million 1100s in about half the time and it's still produced and very popular today. Don't really see how the Auto-5 is a superior choice to that one or a plethora of other common shotguns. If you want to find region-appropriate semi-automatic shotguns you can just visit European and Western European gun forums and see what guns people are talking about and what's commonly advertised in the For Sale sections. Modern Berettas, Benellis, Fabarms, Baikals, Winchesters, Franchi, etc are more commonly seen than any Auto-5s. And various Turkish guns seem to be quite popular, a lot more so than in North America. 

My father owns 3 1100s (one he bought, two inherited). Nice guns. The uncle with the auto-5 actually had sons who hunted though, bummer for me :P. However, the humpback on the auto-5 just looks so militaristic to me. It's beautiful. I'll simply have to get one in a few years, with the compensator. Oh man, a shotgun with a compensator? For it's time, it was just so badass.