Sign in to follow this  
yazar8

Timer does not count when I ALT TAB

I've noticed that for example when you're re-joining a server (60 seconds cool down) or spawning (30 seconds cool down) when you ALT TAB, the timer does not decrease. I like to ALT TAB because I hate staring at the timer, so I check my skype or my browser etc at that time. Anyone else facing this issue? Is this a new feature? I didn't read it on the changelog for 0.49

By the way this happens since 0.49 also I faced this on experimental too.

Edited by Yazar8

I've noticed that for example when you're re-joining a server (60 seconds cool down) or spawning (30 seconds cool down) when you ALT TAB, the timer does not decrease. I like to ALT TAB because I hate staring at the timer, so I check my skype or my browser etc at that time. Anyone else facing this issue? Is this a new feature? I didn't read it on the changelog for 0.49

By the way this happens since 0.49 also I faced this on experimental too.

shift+tab, browse reddit in the steam web browser for a minute

I always alt+tab whenever I get a spawn timer.  I've had no issues except for maybe staying alt+tabbed too long and come back dead lol.

Maybe you should Shift Tab instead?

And this isn't a shitty mechanic?

I don't want to use shift tab. I want to be able to alt tab and look at stuff I can't look at in shift tab.

Really, the fact you put this into a question format is insulting to the OP. You're treating him like he is stupid because he is reporting a problem he and others have.

This is barely constructive, only because it shows a work around.

Maybe you should Shift Tab instead?

To be honest I'm not sure why is Shift Tab not working on my PC, I'm an experienced computer user and I have never heard about this key combination, I do know the windows key + caps lock trick for Windows 7 but that has no effect too. I tried shift tab and all I get is my inventory, I don't switch to my desktop...

Oh okay now I get it, I guess shift tab is to open steam? Sorry but that was a wrong guess, my keybind to open steam is different than yours.

About using the steam browser -- nope, I have a forum of mine to follow, so I'd rather not browse reddit, well I don't want to for now atleast. Also I can't message people on skype without doing ALT TAB.

Anyway, the first time I faced this was on experimental 0.49, I quickly googled and tried to find a complaint about this, checked out the recent posts here too, while posting this topic I had some related-topics list on top, none of them were about this.

Right now I'm trying to see if anyone else is facing this issue, If anyone is please drop a reply below, If It's only me then I'll create a bug report.

But the way you guys speak I guess this doesn't happen to everyone. 

Edited by Yazar8

was just giving my 2 cents on what i do. i agree that if you want to do something other than surf the web then you're kinda screwed, which sucks. though tbh i am like 99% sure that alt+tab didn't pause the timers before. is this only happening as of .49? edit: yes

Edited by sab0t