Sign in to follow this  
TheRedScare

Coastal KOSers

Why are so many of them awful shots and even worse at understanding basic rules of survival, such as don't shoot a gun in a city.

Nearly every time I am at the coast as either a freshspawn or to help out freshspawns I have been fired at by some heavily armed guy, for example, a few hours ago in Elektro I was grabbing some basic supplies before I headed north to get fully geared when a guy came sprinting towards me with a sporter and a mag in it.

I waved at him and said hello, he stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me for a good 5 seconds before raising his gun and unloading on me, I ran into a nearby house and took out my P1, I then ran out the back door and got his attention. He kept shooting and missing every shot, eventually my plan worked and he soon had about 4/5 zombies on him, when he took out his axe to try and kill them I shot him in the head then killed the zombies.

I went over and got fully geared up off his body. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315900708

Edited by TheRedScare
  • Like 3

Why are so many of them awful shots and even worse at understanding basic rules of survival, such as don't shoot a gun in a city.

Nearly every time I am at the coast as either a freshspawn or to help out freshspawns I have been fired at by some heavily armed guy, for example, a few hours ago in Elektro I was grabbing some basic supplies before I headed north to get fully geared when a guy came sprinting towards me with a sporter and a mag in it.

I waved at him and said hello, he stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me for a good 5 seconds before raising his gun and unloading on me, I ran into a nearby house and took out my P1, I then ran out the back door and got his attention. He kept shooting and missing every shot, eventually my plan worked and he soon had about 4/5 zombies on him, when he took out his axe to try and kill them I shot him in the head then killed the zombies.

Its ok i had a guy shoot me in the chest with a mosin at the Balota jail house than when he failed to kill me I pulled out my 101 and start firing. He ran down the steps while i stayed at the top. He than attempted to go back up the steps backwards facing me while getting a good shot  but i was ready still bleeding and unloaded into the fucking moron killing him. Than i bandaged up and was on my way.

Dont get me wrong i tried talking to this guy first before he decided to go hostile on my ass. I think allot just do it though because they are board but when you take out human interaction between ppl and just go balls to the walls shoot on site all the time it gets rather boring and predictable. Also ppl need to understand in CLOSE quarters fights a FULLY AUTOMATIC will always win in a fight if your at least decent at aiming and have a good vantage point. Using a mosin in tight corridors is probably the stupidest fucking thing ever.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

People dont care about learning a few combat tactics, or just any real game-mechanic at all. They want action, and they cannot be bothered to wait because they've been raised on games that give you instant action and gratification right away. Patience is a true virtue in this game

• Like 2

People dont care about learning a few combat tactics, or just any real game-mechanic at all. They want action, and they cannot be bothered to wait because they've been raised on games that give you instant action and gratification right away. Patience is a true virtue in this game

I like both types of games personally. Being a guy that was raised on amazing game like Doom I can appreciate games with more finesse and more elaborate types of game play tactics as well. More often its MORE rewarding to interact and help ppl out than running and gunning them down.

• Like 1

I saw 5 people yesterday in my sojourn to Elektro scouting for early stage supplies, first people I'd seen in ages!

First fella I shouted hello to, he then ran off to then return and attack me after he'd worked out how to climb the right ladder to get to me (I was on the firestation roof being yolo for a change, hoping there might be leet lootz). He ignored me speaking and swung at me with a baton but I killed him with a .22 to his scruffy face. He had a crafted back pack - thank you.

Others I saw all approached and waved, said nothing, then quickly left me to it. 

It added to my feeling of immersion, one even (I think) tried to hit some zeds that were running after me at one point. Didn't hang around to find out really.

Made me hopeful that the world is not gonna be too full of idiots this time.... 

• Like 2

Like I said, people rush too much and appear not to offer a single thought on when to take a shot, proper zeroing and so on.

First video shows a retard who took three shots at me, only hitting me once in the leg, at a distance of around 50 meters

I also made a mistake, going in head-on, but it all went well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9WAYrxNO-Y

Second video shows an extremely skilled soldier taking on a wanted terrorist by placing a well-aimed shot to the chest of the terrorist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItYt6ShdVCY&feature=youtu.be

ok but now you prooved your point , the game need bandits for there to be heros nice video btw shows off dayz sandbox design

btw the second video has swearing in it id remove it not sure on the forum rules but im guessing thats one of them you braking lol

Edited by friendlypilot

Wait, in a forum about a game where you wash up on a foreign shore, where you are also hunted by screaming russians, infected people who try to eat you and mass graves... swearing is not allowed?

I never get why people with gear run to the coast... None of those people there have anything of use...

And why would someone that are fully geared kill another geared player. They obviously don't need more gear... I believe ppl that are killing bambis, do it because they are less risky to kill.

And why would someone that are fully geared kill another geared player. They obviously don't need more gear... I believe ppl that are killing bambis, do it because they are less risky to kill.

Nah. It's just a lot of fun.

I shoot bambis.

I shoot them all.

I run through Elektro and I shoot them for the fun of it all.

If they have a red shirt of no shirt

'Tis not of importance.

I shoot them because I can. And because it is fun.

And yes you may sit there

And call me an a-hole

But to me it doesn't matter

Lul Lul Lul Lul Lul....Lul

• Like 1

I said geared, not fully geared. I haven't really ever kos while fully geared. Always low on something like food, water, or ammo that makes me kill. 

Target practice.  How do you expect a poor shot to improve?  Also, for your other bits, how do you expect people to learn?  I'd expect experience as a good answer to the question, and you get that by doing.

It all depends on how I'm feeling when I'm back at the coast (usually meeting up with a buddy or such.) Went into the medical center by the factory along the coast, and saw a fresh spawn in said building looting. I asked him if he was a friendly (of course, having my trusty sawed off shotty out, lowered just in case he wasn't) He proceeds to tell me to go f**k myself and punches me in the face, ruining my sunglasses (I call them oakleys because they look like one of the pairs that I have). I shot him twice in the face with the shotgun for ruining those damn oakleys...

Target practice.  How do you expect a poor shot to improve?  Also, for your other bits, how do you expect people to learn?  I'd expect experience as a good answer to the question, and you get that by doing.

Target practice implies you actually take aim and try to shoot from a distance. Not stand 5M from someone then try and shoot them, if he ever tries that on anyone that isn't friendly or a newspawn he wouldn't even get within 100M of them.