StormtrooperSHQ

Assault weapon ammo?

Loot tables as you know have been changed. I would not server hop for loot. Your best bet is to search helicopter crashes, or if you are in balota, head to the military base to your NW. Not the airfield.

Looking for AKM or AK101 ammo. Server hopped 10 times at airfield near Balota and can't find one magazine for either weapon.

TIA

Stop server hopping and start exploring the game like its meant to be. Your just wasting your time in a less productive area right now. And you cant server hope crash sites there are WAY to many expanding the west side of the map. They have no set point so you literally have to travel up and down the whole thing to get lucky.

• Like 3

Stop server hopping and start exploring the game like its meant to be. Your just wasting your time in a less productive area right now. And you cant server hope crash sites there are WAY to many expanding the west side of the map. They have no set point so you literally have to travel up and down the whole thing to get lucky.

In all fairness, I doubt he is going to stop server hopping because you have told him to. He's bought the game and will play it how he wants, lots of people do the same (myself included but very rarely now).

It's laziness more than anything.

Not as long as many people but i have over 80 hours in game so yeah i've explored enough to know locations by sight and figure out where i am.

Only server hopped for ammo because Balota used to be the best place to get assault weapon ammo. Once i found the ammo i would have moved on.

Edited by StormtrooperSHQ

Not as long as many people but i have over 80 hours in game so yeah i've explored enough to know locations by sight and figure out where i am.

Only server hopped for ammo because Balota used to be the best place to get assault weapon ammo. Once i found the ammo i would have moved on.

You can actually find allot of ammo in hangers now but its mainly just the hangers, prison and barracks now. And its normally a 50/50 chance of finding what you need.

Go to NWAF. Stop by the Pavlovo military base, Zelenogorsk, Vybor military base and finally the NWAF. Check barracks as they are you best chance at finding magazines. As for loose or boxed 7.62x39 and 5.56, any military spawn really.

Had an AK101 and was looking for a mag, and when I finally found one, I had stumbled upon 4 AKM, 3 30 round mags and a drum mag for them, so I switched to the AKM....

Balota has been nerfed a lot since it's gonna become a civilian airfield instead of a military one.

Good luck, and have fun!!

Edit: Eventually, there will also be Myshkino military base. Which is all the tents that were at Balota... :lol:

syoKMfk.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

In all fairness, I doubt he is going to stop server hopping because you have told him to. He's bought the game and will play it how he wants, lots of people do the same (myself included but very rarely now).

It's laziness more than anything.

The laziness needs to be discouraged them.

One server, one character.

Get rid of the silly magical characters across all servers.

I don't care about all the silly hypotheticals people throw out like what if the servers full what if I want to play with friends etc.

One character per server solves nearly all of the games biggest flaws.

• Like 1

Big part of the charm is to play with cards the game has dealt you.

So if you can't find AKM ammo, go with Mosin or Blaze or whatever you find.

On the other hand I think the stuff respawn system is a bid weird still, so that often nothing much spawns once folks loot the area.

• Like 1

Yeah i have the AK101 over my shoulder and am carrying the AKM in my hands. Whichever weapon i find ammo for i'm dropping the other one. I have a M1911 also with loose ammo, just have to find that elusive magazine.

Yeah i have the AK101 over my shoulder and am carrying the AKM in my hands. Whichever weapon i find ammo for i'm dropping the other one. I have a M1911 also with loose ammo, just have to find that elusive magazine.

For 1911 mags, I usually have good chances finding them at office buildings (commonly called "school"), police stations and construction yards with the yellow crane. Check on the ledges of each floors. I've kept my engraved 1911 until I found a mag for it, even though I had 7 mags for the makarov I also had. Ditched it though, as my love for the 1911 is too strong...  :D