karlkurtz32

New military base west of Myshkino

Does anyone have an answer?

The canned fruit thing wasn't an exaggeration.

I just logged in again and found nothing but canned fruit/sardines.

Edited by Legacy

When I visited, it was nothing but water bottles and cantines  :|

• Like 1

Water bottles and canned goods mostly.  I did find 9mm shells in one of the tents with dirt/earth as floor (come to think of it, earthen floored tents were the only structures that spawned anything), also the quonset hut with the usable door contained food, clothing, helmets, and ammo.  Overall, void of interesting loot, at least for now...

Also noticed military vehicles and pickup trucks aren't spawning loot anywhere...

• Like 2

First time I played the new patch, first item I found was a longhorn, second was a bag of rice. All fun and games until zombies come running, no ammo, no melee weapon a fist full of rags and doors that won't open. 10/10 will spawn again.

• Like 2

Nothing of use just a few food and drinks, they copy and pasted it over there but didn't add any army spawns.

Just went there right after server restard.

• Tons of cans and food in the "normal" tents
  • Nothing at all in the tents with a wooden floor
  • No zombies
  • One pack of .45ACP ammo
  • One Makarov
  • One SKS

But I like the toilet cabins, found myself opening all of them hoping for loot. :D

And they didn't only "copy and paste" from Balota because afaik the dead bodies lying around there are new... not new to the game, but new to the camp.

I just finished a raid on NWAF, in fact not really, I was half way of pillaging the hangars when I saw a Z running, probably after another player and as I found a AKM with no mags and had no other fireweapon I decided it was time to go the hell out of here. Moreover I cannot tell if the loot in military facilities is now so scarce that you can barely find a mag or if it is releated to the population increase on the servers since they released 0.49 which would explain the rarity of some items.

Based on my raid on NWAF I can say the following:

These tents have stuff like military clothing, binoculars, military food and different kind of ammo (haven't seen 0.22, quite logical)

02-Large-tent-1024x640.jpg

These tents have nothing in them (I found nothing, no clothing, no ammo, no binoculars or scopes, nothing)

01-Medium-tent-1024x640.jpg

These tents had no loot either

03-Small-round-tent-1024x640.jpg

The nest has some military clothing in it but nothing else

04-MG-nest-1024x640.jpg

The hangars loot mountain backpacks and small firearms such as the Makarov

07-The-back-of-the-hangars-1024x640.jpg

For assault rifles you will have to look inside baracks.

Prisons are the place for gear like ballistic helmets, berets, military boots, canned food.

The round military tent with a door has clothings and I found an SKS but it could have been dropped by a player.

• Like 1

The building you call "the nest", this weird bunker-type hideout (2nd picture from the bottom) spawned an SKS for me.

This topic is not about NWAF tents.

Same here, found only water bottles and canned food.

Because you think the devs are making different looting tables for each military facility? Don't you think they have a looting table for each kind of structure, anywhere it is? That kind of tent will loot these items, this one these items, etc. And this anywhere on the map.

^ That is the problem, they do not spawn same loot. You would see that if you checked that place or read some threads about it on this forum.

Alright, I'll go see by myself, good to know, thanks for the info.

I was there yesterday and it was mostly food items the one weapon I found however was an SKS!

2014-09-18_00004.jpg

It doesn't look like a military base, could it be a refugee camp (before the civilians are evacuated)? This would explain why there's only food in there.

Edited by MaxTheSurvivor
  • Like 1

It doesn't look like a military base, could it be a refugee camp (before the civilians are evacuated)? This would explain why there's only food in there.

Yea the OP misquoted it's not really a military base as we are use to seeing it's actually Balota Airfield tent area, it's now been moved west of Myshkino. There is no longer a tent area at Balota anymore :(

Edited by Timewarp

Seems like loot spawning is all over the place. On server restarts loot might pop up ad it might not. I'm going to check this place out in a few minutes.

And they didn't only "copy and paste" from Balota because afaik the dead bodies lying around there are new... not new to the game, but new to the camp.

Copy and Pasted, then added the pile of bodies that used to be at Green Mountain in the mod.

what I found:

• 2x M4-ammo (brown cardbox) 
  • TTsKO-pants pristine
  • 1x Tactical Bacon
  • 1x silverish box of Mosin-ammo
  • lots of canned food.

Maybe this camp is already "prepared" for the loot-economy, when canned food&Co. might become "super-rare" in civilian spawns...?

(= less canned food, more need for survival and hunting. Canned food = mulitary "luxury"? )

But the camp is very dangerous xD

It lies in a valley with 2 mountain-ridges on both sides. Sniper's Paradise

• Like 1

So after running across the map to find this camp I'm a little pissed off. In the tents there was nothing but water bottles and tuna cans and one pair of damaged boots. There's a single building in the middle which had a backpack, apple, sks and a helmet. I left my reg server and joined 3 other servers with only 1-2 other players and searched again. Found nothing useful.

Here's hoping they just haven't finished setting up the loot table, otherwise there's no reason to spend the 20 minutes running to this place. It's not even on the way to anywhere.

• Like 1

So after running across the map to find this camp I'm a little pissed off. In the tents there was nothing but water bottles and tuna cans and one pair of damaged boots. There's a single building in the middle which had a backpack, apple, sks and a helmet. I left my reg server and joined 3 other servers with only 1-2 other players and searched again. Found nothing useful.

Here's hoping they just haven't finished setting up the loot table, otherwise there's no reason to spend the 20 minutes running to this place. It's not even on the way to an

It's not just the new "base".  The tent loot nodes are broken for some reason.  The NWAF tent nodes are no longer spawning clips/attachments etc like before either.  Most the same items listed above.  Canned food, water bottles, loose ammo, and an occasional pistol.  Just got an AK101 and the only 2 places I could ever find those cartridges were in the "tent cities" or barracks.  Now they aren't spawning in either.  I've found a 75rd AK cartridge in a hanger (perhaps dropped by another player), but no 30rd clips anywhere since the patch.  Feel bad for all the AKM and AK101 lovers out there.  Unless something changes you'll be scrambling for cartridges.  Funny enough I've found two heli crash sites with tons of M4 ammo/attachments...  just no M4.  :(

Crap.... 

I logged out yesterday in the woods between zelen and this place, hoping to log in tonight and take a trip to the tents to find me a scope for my akm.... But now I don't know what to do!!! I ain't risking going there is no one is finding anything of value there. 

Looted the whole thing at night, tents yielded food and water bottles, the barracks with the bunk beds had a boonie, boots, a potato and a MASKA helmet