Sign in to follow this  
5P4RK4 (DayZ)

Gunshots sound issue in .49?

Did anyone else run into this? 

Not a big sample size but it seemed like last night I could not hear the gunshots from my friend I was playing with, even though we were quite close (~20 yards). When we were looking for each other to meet up he shot a deer right in front of me but I didnt hear it when I should have easily been able to. 

Can't say if this was from any other players as well, we didnt see anyone in 2+ hours on a 40px server. 

Been present for a while now just becoming more commonplace as the servers are becoming more burdened with loot spawns, wildlife etc.

Rocket explained the apparent issues that cause the missing sound in the pax seminar. It's to do with clients being out of synch iirc.

• Like 1

I've noticed the closer the shot is the harder or less likely it is you'll hear the sound...

I wonder if its relatable to the sound issue that makes it sound like someone is firing his gun into your ear when he is really a hundred yards off?

Did anyone else run into this? 

Not a big sample size but it seemed like last night I could not hear the gunshots from my friend I was playing with, even though we were quite close (~20 yards). When we were looking for each other to meet up he shot a deer right in front of me but I didnt hear it when I should have easily been able to. 

Can't say if this was from any other players as well, we didnt see anyone in 2+ hours on a 40px server. 

Yes we had this issue several times, didnt notice any trend or specific causes.