Sign in to follow this  
coltonlong

Where are the Smersh vests?

Has anyone seen a smersh VEST yet? I have seen the little packs, but no vests!

Thank you. I got to say smersh. What a fun word. Smersh smersh smersh.

• Like 3

Thank you. I got to say smersh. What a fun word. Smersh smersh smersh.

It is fun to say haha.

Agathor made a review about all the smersh stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2yzVBB9Q0s

Indeed, there are quite a lot smersh backpacks, but no vests. When at least the distribution was reversed. When you come across the backpack, you hardly take it, since you have to drop your bigger hunting (or whatever) backpack.

You could make use of the smersh-vest while wearing another backpack and then attach a smersh-pack to the smersh-vest when you find one later...

Ok guys, back on topic please.

Dude but this was the topic. LMAO

I have not found one yet.

Offtopic: ITS REALLY COLD HERE IN MICHIGAN TODAY. >.> Im sure its a little chillier where your living considering im more near Detroit.

Dude but this was the topic. LMAO

I have not found one yet.

Offtopic: ITS REALLY COLD HERE IN MICHIGAN TODAY. >.> Im sure its a little chillier where your living considering im more near Detroit.

Yea, its cold as a motherfucker.

Its the holy grail man. I have found 2 RAKs submachinegun, had like 5 magazines for it, I already had a mp-5 with 3 magazines too but I never could find the fucking smersh vest man. Its so rare its not even funny.

Its the holy grail man. I have found 2 RAKs submachinegun, had like 5 magazines for it, I already had a mp-5 with 3 magazines too but I never could find the fucking smersh vest man. Its so rare its not even funny.

WHAT?! Where the hell at? :O

They spawn on the static helicopter crashes.  They're extremely rare and you basically need to loot cycle for them.  Youtube it, I'm pretty sure the link posted earlier was the correct one explaining it all.

Been playing in experimental for the week, never even seen the static Heli's spawn anything, but youtube says it does. So perhaps??? I'd like to know too really.

WHAT?! Where the hell at? :o

At those static helicopter crashes! There is one in the Balota swamps, the other one is close to the sunken ship, and there is another in a ruined city south of Guglovo I think.

Once i was at the one close to the sunken ship, and the loot there was all messed up you know, so it had 3 RAKs, like 3 sks, some helmets, boots, maps, Rak magazines... But no smersh vest.

The MP5 was the same thing, the police station at komarovo (I think thats the name, its west of balota) was spamed with loot. 2 MP5s, mags...

In 0.49 exp the Mi-8 spawns randomly just like the blackhawk currently does in stable, the smersh vest spawns there. (I think loot was removed from the 3 static ones)

There are no 3 static ones anymore. I don't know about the one near Rify, but the ones in Balota Swamp and Kumyrna are gone. I guess they are now indeed dynamic. *sighs*

Sooo, to find a smersh vest one needs to hope for several things, such as :

1) hope to find a dynamic heli spawn

2) hope to find it actually as a mi-8, not black hawk

3) hope to find smersh around it.

Kinda lots of "hopes" to be honest..

In other words wait for someone to post on Youtube how too dupe in .49

Then wait 2 weeks.

Head to Berno and reap the sweet lootz. All you need is a working weapon. I'd recommend a Mosin+LRS cause most dupers like to COD it with automatics and unlimited clips. Best to keep a distance till you drop them.

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 1

So seriously where is it? Someone post a picture. I don't believe they are spawning.

Okay, ill sum it up.

I can confirm that dynamic heli crash site can be in two forms.

1) black hawk : same as it used to be, has black smoke. Two i found had no loot around them whatsoever.

2) mi-8 : doesnt have black smoke, so pretty impossible to spot it. All loot around it is buried under the ground. The one i found had some tactical shirts and cargo pants around it. No vests, no ammo or weapons.

Smersh vest has to spawn @ the mi-8 crash site, but i cant confirm whether it actually does spawn there at all.

So overall the picture itself is really sad. SMERSH vest is either rare as hell, close to impossible to be found, either doesnt spawn at all.

• Like 1

Ah thanks lazytek, pretty dire then. I don't think putting new stuff in the game, but it not spawning really counts dayz devs :P