Sign in to follow this  
AlexLM

Haven't heard about this happening yet...

Location: the apartment in the three story building in Berezino, next to the corner pub and opposite the apartments.

What happened: hearing a lot of shooting outside, I crouch walked up to the window to identify the perpetrators. Suddenly I began doing endless vaults before shooting up into the air, so high infact that the ambient sound cut out. I fell all the way down onto the roof of the building where my character decided to run off of the roof onto the street. I survived with no damage and got sucked into a wall where my character started running around in random directions and occasionally vaulting before I logged out.

Has this happened to anyone else? I present photo evidence.

QMudXf.jpg

zvegLx.jpg

zMmaPM.jpg

• Like 1

Never heard of it before, although I did witness a guy in the novo tower eating his lunch whilst 'hovering' several foot over the top of the roof. Weird thing was, I could see the campfire he'd lit and his shadows moving in a room in the middle floor that you can enter. Shot him to see if it would register and I could see him go prone and look around but the character model was still flying.

Laughed a lot at that and then left a clearly terrified player with no idea that his every movement was being displayed.

Also seen weird glitches with the burlap wrap they put in where it was hovering in the air above my character. Meant I had to remove it or my position would have been given away. That's happened on a few characters now...

I logged back into the same server and I was just standing on the street in front of the building. Nothing missing, nothing damaged...

Seen a couple of people launched off rocks above Novo, ARMA physics..

• Like 1

Yeah if it's not a hack (which i'm skeptical that it would be) it's probably something to do with physics or ragdoll more specifically :S

Shit like this happened a bit in skyrim, where you'd be flung into the air then plummet to your doom.

Not experienced by me yet.  Apartment blocks are the devil however, but you showed the small appt block pic in 3rd view.  I usualy have troubles in the square ghetto blocks.

Put a ticket up in the bug tracker (you'll need to create a separate account if you haven't already) to make it official :)

Edited by q.S Sachiel

You should log this in the bug tracker, or search for "catapult" and there's a couple that sound an aweful lot like what happened to you. Chime in on them and add some color.

There have been various reports of people being shot into the air when trying to traverse certain cliffs (specificially along the coast). Sounds like this is a similar reaction, but in a different environment.

Friend was in a deer stand when he changed items in his hand and shot up into the air. Probably something with the navmesh and arma physics