Katana67

Weapons - Where Should They Go Next?

If they wanted to do that, they will done that already. Obviously in the Standalone they want to create a different experience.

No, I didn't meant to port them from the mod :P. They are obviously remaking stuff so, maybe a remake of these weapons + attatchments etc etc...

Enough of the military weapons. 

How about a slingshot?

Another weapon people wont bother to craft or use, just like the crossbow/regular bow? No thank you

Did you call me buddy? You are 100% right, in Czech rep we do not use cyrilic alphabet, but just your normal one that folks in western Europe and US use.

Hence it is funny for us czechs to see mix of czech signs along with cyrilic ones.

Same as our church is not Orthodox as in Russia, but your average european Catholic one, although we are not very religious. Probably because we had communism since end of the 2nd world war and those guys were not keen on concept of Jesus, but rather comrad Stalin or whoever reigned from Moscow at that time. But it is a funny thing, that our neighbours in Poland are rather hardcore christians and had communist history similar to ours.

This is where I draw the line between CZ and CR. Chernarussian is actually the Czech language (with some silly Russian here and there), if you'be ever had the pleasure of playing Harvest Red (one of the better shooter campaigns out there).  If you're bothered by the liberal amounts of Czech & Russian, then you've stumbled across the fundamental problem of Chernarus: Russian ethnic minority. I could go into more detail, but I'd just confuse people. A very large amount of Chernarus information is very obscure stuff pulled out of the mission briefings in Harvest Red and some very extensive fan fiction on BIS forums.

But it's still pretty cool, tbh.

Another weapon people wont bother to craft or use, just like the crossbow/regular bow? No thank you

i'll use the crossbow no worries.  A little light on the damage but at least it shoots straight...

Firing the improv bow feels like movie spoiler

how the Mr. Candy's sister dies at the end of Django Unchained...

If rabbits were more abundant and maybe birds then slingshot would work fine.  Also 1hit unconscious +/- chance to kill on headshot with no head-gear.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Hmm yes...realism freak inside me is nodding to the notion, that vz.58 would be somehow rarer than your standard AK74 / AKM.

To somehow make it worthwile it could be able to use Acog or something that AK's can't. 

Just an opinion though.

Realism is a large part of it, but I also simply believe that the Vz.58 is overall more recognized for being modernized, and thus would fill the role of a "westernized AK" better, presumably taking the role from the AK-101 once 5.45x39mm ammunition is implemented.

Truly low-end rifles like Gibonez wants should actually be guns that have limited customization options.

Realism is a large part of it, but I also simply believe that the Vz.58 is overall more recognized for being modernized, and thus would fill the role of a "westernized AK" better, presumably taking the role from the AK-101 once 5.45x39mm ammunition is implemented.

Truly low-end rifles like Gibonez wants should actually be guns that have limited customization options.

Low end military rifles exist too.

Things like the m16a2, vz 58 that is found in military surplus and intended not for front line troops but conscripted soldiers.

Not every military rifle add in the game needs to have bleeding edge customization. Taking this approach with the AKM imo was the wrong approach it should have remained a low tier military rifle with limited to no customization, the customization being instead offered to the ak 101 or ak74m.

Also someone data mined the latest patched and found a new upcoming shotgun.

gwythhfogio2.png

6895d1202470758-baikal-izh-18mh-223-rem-

It is a single barreled 12 gauge shotgun neat low tier gun. Might give indication as to them further fleshing out the civilian guns.

Edited by gibonez

Things like the m16a2, vz 58 that is found in military surplus and intended not for front line troops but conscripted soldiers.

Not every military rifle add in the game needs to have bleeding edge customization. Taking this approach with the AKM imo was the wrong approach it should have remained a low tier military rifle with limited to no customization, the customization being instead offered to the ak 101 or ak74m.

Neat about the IZH-18.

Not neat about the "bleeding edge" hyperbole. There's nothing "bleeding edge" about a rail system on an AK. There's nothing even "cutting edge" about a rail system on an AK. I agree that the AKM should've been more humdrum. But I think you put far too much (it is still a significant aspect) worth into modularity. It isn't that advantageous.

They made a huge fuss about the attachment system when DayZ was in development. Would be a waste of resources not to have it used with some semblance of regularity. Which it isn't really, there aren't even that many attachments as of now.

Things like the m16a2, Sa 58 that is found in military surplus and intended not for front line troops but conscripted soldiers.

gwythhfogio2.png

6895d1202470758-baikal-izh-18mh-223-rem-

Excited for the single-barreled shotgun, though I wouldn't say civilian firearms in general are in heavy need of fleshing out (at this point) - more the opposite right now, but shotguns specifically have needed some love.

And yes, low-end military rifles exist, but the Vz.58 is not one of them. Like I said, I would've been okay if the AKM weren't as modular, but it isn't really some super modular rifle, it's just got a lot of interchangeable aesthetic stocks and handguards, plus two things that fit on regular RIS. Right now we don't really have a need for any more AK-type guns (save for an RPK), let alone another 7.62x39mm rifle that's similar in appearance. I'd love the Vz.58 to be added in the future, but there's no real good reason besides the aesthetics, and variety. However, I'd still say in this instance that the Vz.58 be made modular.

The problem with the idea that all guns need to be limited in customization is that in the present day customization of even older weapons is prevalent everywhere. It's becoming increasingly more popular, for even the poorest military forces, to outfit their guns. Yes, there are plenty of unmodified AKs out there, but there are also plenty of modified ones. Even older guns like the M16A1/M16A2/CAR-15 saw extensive modifications, and present day are used in very modified versions.

I can, of course, stand behind having a good number of guns that are truly limited in customization, and not just because of rare attachments, but actual lack of modularity. However, the basic AK and AR-15 series aren't the best examples.

450px-Steyr-AUG.jpg

How about this guy for a "non-modular" weapon? While the AUG series in general is very modular, this guy specifically is stuck with the built-in scope and can't really attach much other than a suppressor. It sort of makes up for this fact by having a scope (though not one of super high quality by today's standards) already built-in, but one that also cannot be removed to make room for other optics.

Used by: Bulgaria, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Turkey,  the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, & Italy.

Then, of course, the modular bullpup equivalent;

400px-Tavor-tar.jpg

Doesn't come with the scope, but has more overall modularity (because it accepts most M4 barrel, optic, and magazine attachments).

Used by: Georgia, Ukraine, Turkey, & Portugal

Then, of course, the "god-level" of 5.56x45mm bullpup rifles:

500px-F2000.jpg

Comes with a built-in, modernized optic, accepts most present STANAG magazines & AR-15 barrel attachments, and is around as modular as the TAR-21. The F2000 could probably even be on the loot centralization system, simply because it'd be a "party-piece" modern, special-operations weapon.

Used by: Slovenia, Poland, Croatia, Belgium.

That's a good idea of the kind of weapon structure, or how I feel ARs should be balanced by rarity, in this case 5.56 bullpups. And add to that that none of them are completely out of place, I'd say it's a fair notion.

Excited for the single-barreled shotgun, though I wouldn't say civilian firearms in general are in heavy need of fleshing out (at this point) - more the opposite right now, but shotguns specifically have needed some love.

And yes, low-end military rifles exist, but the Vz.58 is not one of them. Like I said, I would've been okay if the AKM weren't as modular, but it isn't really some super modular rifle, it's just got a lot of interchangeable aesthetic stocks and handguards, plus two things that fit on regular RIS. Right now we don't really have a need for any more AK-type guns (save for an RPK), let alone another 7.62x39mm rifle that's similar in appearance. I'd love the Vz.58 to be added in the future, but there's no real good reason besides the aesthetics, and variety. However, I'd still say in this instance that the Vz.58 be made modular.

The problem with the idea that all guns need to be limited in customization is that in the present day customization of even older weapons is prevalent everywhere. It's becoming increasingly more popular, for even the poorest military forces, to outfit their guns. Yes, there are plenty of unmodified AKs out there, but there are also plenty of modified ones. Even older guns like the M16A1/M16A2/CAR-15 saw extensive modifications, and present day are used in very modified versions.

I can, of course, stand behind having a good number of guns that are truly limited in customization, and not just because of rare attachments, but actual lack of modularity. However, the basic AK and AR-15 series aren't the best examples.

450px-Steyr-AUG.jpg

How about this guy for a "non-modular" weapon? While the AUG series in general is very modular, this guy specifically is stuck with the built-in scope and can't really attach much other than a suppressor. It sort of makes up for this fact by having a scope (though not one of super high quality by today's standards) already built-in, but one that also cannot be removed to make room for other optics.

Used by: Bulgaria, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Turkey,  the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, & Italy.

Then, of course, the modular bullpup equivalent;

400px-Tavor-tar.jpg

Doesn't come with the scope, but has more overall modularity (because it accepts most M4 barrel, optic, and magazine attachments).

Used by: Georgia, Ukraine, Turkey, & Portugal

Then, of course, the "god-level" of 5.56x45mm bullpup rifles:

500px-F2000.jpg

Comes with a built-in, modernized optic, accepts most present STANAG magazines & AR-15 barrel attachments, and is around as modular as the TAR-21. The F2000 could probably even be on the loot centralization system, simply because it'd be a "party-piece" modern, special-operations weapon.

Used by: Slovenia, Poland, Croatia, Belgium.

That's a good idea of the kind of weapon structure, or how I feel ARs should be balanced by rarity, in this case 5.56 bullpups. And add to that that none of them are completely out of place, I'd say it's a fair notion.

I like those exept for the f2000.

The aug in particular makes sense as it is always for some odd reason seen in middle east conflicts. Syrian Rebels in particular seem to have a large number of the weapons for some odd reason.

GpDH8di.jpg

I don't know if that is because of it being readily available in the black market or not but for some reason this variation of the  AUG seems to be readily available in most major conflicts.

From a gameplay standpoint it also would be an interesting drop as it would come with a built in optic giving it higher value over other drops.

The aug in particular makes sense as it is always for some odd reason seen in middle east conflicts. Syrian Rebels in particular seem to have a large number of the weapons for some odd reason.

Libya w/ AK-103

tumblr_ll1u29dOBQ1qd74g2.jpg

s_r25_RTR2NE85.jpg

Gaza

f_2000_gaza_1-tfb1.jpeg

LOG.v18-16.Dec31.LeeSmith.jpg

Edited by Katana67

Did you call me buddy? You are 100% right, in Czech rep we do not use cyrilic alphabet, but just your normal one that folks in western Europe and US use.

Lol, i am fully aware of how things are now, I live in eastern Germany and I visit CZ like once a month to go shopping some stuff ( yeah, i'm one of those tourists :P ) The point where i needed your knowledge was when i said "there never was cyrillic alphabet in CZ in "the past" like, for example, before WW2. :) )

Anyway, thanks for the reply. If I will once meet you in Petrovice, i will do the Q and E dance to show that i am friendly.

Edited by ChainReactor

The F2000 would certainly be on the end-level spectrum of bullpup ARs, I just suggested it because it's used by quite a few Eastern special operations groups and has a lot of unique functions gameplay wise, so in terms of a high-end 5.56x45mm bullpup AR, it's beneficial to gameplay and still isn't out of place.

They could, of course, add the F2000 without the Hunter scope and just RIS, but I think there's some order in having a few really modern firearms. (Or better yet, they could make the Hunter scope a rare unique attachment. I could actually stand behind this specific instance being a "it only spawns on the gun, and only sometimes" attachment.)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

The F2000 would certainly be on the end-level spectrum of bullpup ARs, I just suggested it because it's used by quite a few Eastern special operations groups and has a lot of unique functions gameplay wise, so in terms of a high-end 5.56x45mm bullpup AR, it's beneficial to gameplay and still isn't out of place.

They could, of course, add the F2000 without the Hunter scope and just RIS, but I think there's some order in having a few really modern firearms. (Or better yet, they could make the Hunter scope a rare unique attachment. I could actually stand behind this specific instance being a "it only spawns on the gun, and only sometimes" attachment.)

Yea I like the idea of attachments atleast certain attachments such as high end optics spawning only on guns due to how rare it would make them.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the optic on the fn 2000 have a built in fire control unit for the 40mm launcher. You laze the target , then it tells you the proper angle to hit the target ?

im actually looking forward to the pump action shotgun and the lever action rifle, that should be interesting.

• Like 1

im actually looking forward to the pump action shotgun and the lever action rifle, that should be interesting.

Yup same here I am especially interested if they make the shotguns more prevalent and what kind of an effect on gameplay it would have.

They need to fix pellets.  Also, they need to rework how reloading works so you can add ammo without having to eject the current ones where it applies.

Yea I like the idea of attachments atleast certain attachments such as high end optics spawning only on guns due to how rare it would make them.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the optic on the fn 2000 have a built in fire control unit for the 40mm launcher. You laze the target , then it tells you the proper angle to hit the target ?

Well, I only meant for REALLY high-end attachments, and only in very specific circumstances. Things like the PSO scope I do not want only spawning on SVDs. Even thermal/NVG optics should probably spawn on their own, simply because I don't like the idea of finding a gun already good to go with high-end optics, I think you should have to find both separately.

And as far as I'm aware, yes. Another reason why it'd have to be rare.

They need to fix pellets.  Also, they need to rework how reloading works so you can add ammo without having to eject the current ones where it applies.

I'm pretty sure that specific reason is why we haven't gotten any new guns like the R92 or MP-133 for a while. Hell, they had a Remington 870 model shown off at Gamescom last year, alongside the CR75 and Sporter-22, but they didn't want to add it because they didn't have proper shell loading.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I think I've made my point about this before. Just because you read in some PC gamer article that the geography of the map is based off some remote part of the Czech Republic, doesn't mean Chernarus and CZ are similar in any way. The only thing they share is the language, but most of you wouldn't know that, because you probably didn't know there was a Chernarussian language.

But for the record, Chernarus and CZ are very different states. One is a former member of the USSR, the other is a former Warsaw Pact member. One has the economy of Belarus, the size of Belgium, and has some serious problems with ethnic Russians. The other is NOTHING like Chernarus, bar the language and geography.

Devs, could you PLEASE pin the ArmA 2 backstory on the website SOMEWHERE? People are too unaware that there is a backstory.

Woah man, chill buddy. I know the backstory, and I've logged countless hours into everything from OFP to ARMA 3. Not sure if your nose is turned so far up because you like the smell of fresh air or what but it sure inhibits your social skills. I'm not reciting what I read in PC Gamer I'm reciting what I saw in the Czech Republic. The geography and architecture is all based on an area in that country, I don't see why that in any way contradicts the backstory of the game or why that means you couldn't find a VZ in that area, you sure as hell can find them here.

"But most of you wouldn't know that", oh grow up you mouthpiece.

Give me a pump action shotgun, with the ability to mount a bayonet on the bastard, and I will be a happy man.

I like the idea of fixed attachment and zero attachment ARs (read attachment=optic) that you guys are throwing around.  Reduces flexibility while providing a preferred range/engagement type.

without optics - locked to close-med range.  Honestly just as effective, just requires a bit more focus, and ghetto style ironsights.

with optics - disadvantaged at close range (aiming).  You still get a little boost, the weapon is unique, but you can't ever switch it to a lower or higher magnification.

I like the idea of fixed attachment and zero attachment ARs (read attachment=optic) that you guys are throwing around.  Reduces flexibility while providing a preferred range/engagement type.

without optics - locked to close-med range.  Honestly just as effective, just requires a bit more focus, and ghetto style ironsights.

with optics - disadvantaged at close range (aiming).  You still get a little boost, the weapon is unique, but you can't ever switch it to a lower or higher magnification.

Yea a zero attachment ar would be fantastic doubles the utility of the magazines while adding a lower tier ar into the game.

Perfect one for that is the m16a2.

M16A2_-_AM.016070.jpg

High accuracy, low recoil, extremely flat shooting , high muzzle velocity.

Accepts bayonet, any m4 magazines, only downside is having to rely on iron sights.

• Like 1

Adding the m16a2 would also give them the ability to add a cool game mechanic with the ability to switch between large and small aperture on your irons.

M16A2_rear_sight_in_front_side_P1010034.

Large aperature being further back for short and medium range shots. Small Aperture for long range precision shots.

• Like 1

I want an m16 in any form, I don't like how short/compact the m4 is, I think the m16 is much sexier.  I'd be perfectly fine with limited attachments for it.

I think some pretty basic battle rifles that don't support a lot of attachments would also be nice.  Fights right now are pretty much either sniping, or cqb.

The mod saw a lot more use out of ironsights and medium range engagements imo, but part of that is due to being able to zoom in more by default.  It wasn't very difficult to shoot 300m shots in the mod with some practice using ironsights, in the SA it's hard to even see anything at that distance with the reduced amount of zoom.