Sign in to follow this  
ManoloVT

Cant log out in combat

today i was with a friend around kabanino area, so we see a guy fully equipped, a we was starving, so, we shoot to he, he was so far, and he put behind a kind of wall, and log out, i know cuz i see the survivor being sit, and after that just disappear before i can shot,

so i remember in dayz mod, was a feature that when you shot or you get a shot, or a bullet pass close to you, you cant log out, if we have this same feature on dayz will be great to avoid this kind of people

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoy estaba con un pana en la zona circundante a kabanino, teníamos hambre y nada para comer, de repente vemos a un tipo corriendo armado con un akm, nosotros empezamos a disparar respectivamente con nuestras armas, le logramos dar, pero rápidamente se fue detrás de un muro, fui a perseguirlo, y lo vi sentado, y justo cuando iba a disparar se desapareció y termine disparando  al aire

recuerdo que en el mod si un zombie te pegaba, una bala pasaba cerca de ti, alguien cerca de ti disparaba o golpeaba, o tu disparabas, tenias que esperar algo así como un minuto para salirte del juego, esto seria una solución, aunque no es la idea que este tipo de gente este en el juego, es un problema actual

• Like 1

This is a good idea, it's hard shooting campers at the NE airfield with my mosin when they keep on logging out once I fire.

I'm surprised this isn't in the game considering it was such a huge thing being worked on in the mod..?

Combat loggers are scum and scum always find ways to ruin the game, unfortunately.

• Like 1

This is a good idea, it's hard shooting campers at the NE airfield with my mosin when they keep on logging out once I fire.

After they log out, there is a 30 timer during which they are still in the game and can't move, plenty time to kill them.

• Like 1

Which is nice but does not affect campers that much. If you are expecting someone to sit inside of that house you won't rush in and by the time you finaly get there those 30 seconds are gone.

Now you can combine both ideas by increasing this logout timer if the person in question was being shot at. Only preventing to log out would just cause combat loggers to pull the plug or close the game instead.

This is good.

But lets not forget someone might legitimately have to go in which case don't stop them being able to close the game.

They should still be able to log off, but if there have been shots at and near them it should just have a warning that says they risk a greater log out time.

E.g sitting down for much longer than the 30 seconds and it should keep resetting as more shots and such happen or someone gets close.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 1

i have to say, when i play the mod with my 6 friends, we never see any combat log (and we start play in the same moment when the mod was release), i don't know why, but in standalone it's just ridiculous the people who combat log

The mod already has this feature. I wonder why they haven't implemented this in the standalone yet? I don't think it is that hard to make a combat detection.

Just like in the mod, shots close to you or zombie, combat timer of one minute, after that 30 sec log out time.

i have to say, when i play the mod with my 6 friends, we never see any combat log (and we start play in the same moment when the mod was release), i don't know why, but in standalone it's just ridiculous the people who combat log

Haha, when it was still possible to alt f4 in the mod, 80% of the people losing fire fights or getting shot combat logged:p

This is good.

But lets not forget someone might legitimately have to go in which case don't stop them being able to close the game.

They should still be able to log off, but if there have been shots at and near them it should just have a warning that says they risk a greater log out time.

E.g sitting down for much longer than the 30 seconds and it should keep resetting as more shots and such happen or someone gets close.

This is the best option i have seen so far. Its so simple an effective im kicking myself for not thinking of it first lol.

• Like 1

No sure what i think about this "combat" log thing.. it sounds so.. shooter game. I just have a problem with all this stuff in DayZ in general, because to me this game is more a Survival game than a combat simulator...the two things just don't click together... combat log in a survival game ? doesn't sounds right.

Edited by Cpanther

This is why I like the RUST approach.

One server one life.

You log off you don't leave the server you merely go to sleep.

oMoXwYr.jpg

today i was with a friend around kabanino area, so we see a guy fully equipped, a we was starving, so, we shoot to he, he was so far, and he put behind a kind of wall, and log out, i know cuz i see the survivor being sit, and after that just disappear before i can shot,
so i remember in dayz mod, was a feature that when you shot or you get a shot, or a bullet pass close to you, you cant log out, if we have this same feature on dayz will be great to avoid this kind of people

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoy estaba con un pana en la zona circundante a kabanino, teníamos hambre y nada para comer, de repente vemos a un tipo corriendo armado con un akm, nosotros empezamos a disparar respectivamente con nuestras armas, le logramos dar, pero rápidamente se fue detrás de un muro, fui a perseguirlo, y lo vi sentado, y justo cuando iba a disparar se desapareció y termine disparando  al aire

recuerdo que en el mod si un zombie te pegaba, una bala pasaba cerca de ti, alguien cerca de ti disparaba o golpeaba, o tu disparabas, tenias que esperar algo así como un minuto para salirte del juego, esto seria una solución, aunque no es la idea que este tipo de gente este en el juego, es un problema actual

True, that was a feature of the mod, however one day I got into combat with some zombies and couldn't log out when the server reset. My whole computer crashed and I had to restart it, and I lost all my progress in the game.