Taiphoz

quick question on bags/tents/persist

Clearly tents will be persistent, and I know some loot will be as well persisting through restarts which is very cool.

I'm wondering about tent's and backpacks that a player place on the ground, I think I might have gotten this wrong but I watched a video a few days back and the tuber was talking about tents, and how you walk inside them right into the tent to open it's inventory, which I think is amazing :), he went on to say that any backpacks placed or dropped on the ground inside the tent will gain persistence and will act like additional storage for the tent ?

Can anyone clarify this for me, I have been trying to find a tent to test but as of yet have been unable, even looked on the EXP and found one only to have the server crash moments later wiping my character before I could get a chance to try it.

Just need some specifics on how this will work, with the bags on the ground in or out of tents etc..

Everything you drop on the ground will stay

and tents will stay

But can anyone answer this question, has the character reset been and do tents work on stable yet?

• Like 1

No character reset yet that comes with the next patch..

So all bags anywhere remain ? so they do not need to be inside the tent doorway ?

Oh what about fireplaces do they remain? that will be cool if they do.

Edited by Taiphoz

not sure about fireplaces, but i've seen random objects out in the wilderness, though this may have been put there recently.

People seem to be saying here that things persist no matter where htey're left, but they may also degrade over time (or the container holding them degrades first)

Not sure myself, but you should be able to trawl through the announcements section for patchnotes :P

their vague tho that's the problem as I recall they just say persistent they don't really detail it.

yeah well then take the anecdotal evidence i guess :S.

Haven't witnessed it myself and god knows where you find tents, but going by what people say, persistence is for all items in any location.  Degredation of items over time may occur to stop people from 'mass wasting' things in the forrests, and these things presumably despawn after becoming ruined and then respawn somewhere else.

I'm rather confused on the issue too tbh so sorry can't be of much help than hearsay.

So using a Backpack as a hide for items probably isnt good then as it will degrade and get deleted? we still cant repair bags can we? 

so I inadvertently tested persistence earlier this week when I was switching out backpacks. I dropped a child's briefcase in favor of a hunter's pack and went about my looting, about 3 or 4 mins later the server restarted and I rejoined. as I was only about 3 or 4 mins from the child's briefcase I made my way back to it to see if it did indeed remain and low and behold the very same pack I had dropped was still there. also in the area were a few new items that were not present before the restart and as far as I can tell everything else that was there when I originally arrived at the location. as to how long that pack would stay, I really couldn't say but probably not too long due to its badly damaged condition but it did make it through one server restart.

no we cannot repair bags at this time - is that even going to be a thing?

All backpacks should stay persistent regardless of whether they rest inside a tent or not. Or all items for that matter really.

I'm pretty sure everything will degrade over time except things such as tents, vehicles, barricades, etc.

from what ive heard, currently items persist but items inside bags etc get deleted after a restart. (bug i believe)