Sign in to follow this  
papafruit

Not everyone in this game is a prick. ( love you chinese girl )

Was checking the hospital in berezino for supplies when i heard some people talking. I tried to hide then i realised that they saw me and i started running. I'm not really used to the game so i ended up with a broken foot. Turns out they were a group of heroes searching for a hacker bandit.

They gave me morphine and i followed them, wielding nothing but a firefighter's axe. Thought it would be wiser to follow them than stay alone in berezino on a full server and one of them asked me come along incase someone dies to take their gear.

A few moments later i ended up dead from friendly fire from the girl that told me she would protect me. Just before i respawned i heard her saying "Papafruit come back here and i'll give you all my items".

I respawned close so i ran back there and she really did give me her m4 and all her gear. While on my way to take revenge from the damned bandits with this group the server restarted and we didn't find each other again.

If you ever read this, thank you. I'm still alive and i'll try to protect others even if i end up dying all the time.

Anyone fed up with people KoS, don't lose hope...

• Like 3

Anyone fed up with people KoS, don't lose hope...

Next time I'll KoS ya and you will lose ya hope! :lol: :lol: :lol:

;)

Of course not everyone is a prick....the problem is that one "prick" is more damaging than 100 glitches and bugs.

I thought everyone had turned invisible. 

Keep hearing folks eating, drinking, clinking ammo.

Never see them though!

Must be ninjas! 

They've haunted me for weeks - I unloaded a clip into the trees like that scene in Predator - but not even a single drop of (fluorescent or otherwise) blood was found!!

That girl did not tell you that it's very easy to duplicate gears(prevailing among Chinese players) :)

I am more interested in that she is a Chinese as I am also a Chinese and I never seen a Chinese girl who play Dayz before. 

Of course not everyone is a prick....the problem is that one "prick" is more damaging than 100 glitches and bugs.

Ohmm.. care to explain how a legit player is more damaging than glitches and bugs?

Ohmm.. care to explain how a legit player is more damaging than glitches and bugs?

How long you have ?

I give you the short version...a group of people is having fun role playing, going together around the map doing their "thing", then a "prick" koS most of them with an M4 for fun, and all that people that "was" having a good time, now are in different places in the map, and they rage quit the game.

Edited by Cpanther

I'm not for KoS in any way but it is a legit part of the game.

That's part of their role play experience, that they needed to repel or destroy attackers to continue surviving peacefully.

I'm not for KoS in any way but it is a legit part of the game.

That's part of their role play experience, that they needed to repel or destroy attackers to continue surviving peacefully.

I know that... but i am the other side of the coin, someone needs to say what everyone is thinking.. but no one wants to say it.

Yeah, if they are role playing they need to take on the chin, and next time learn how to stay in cover or hidden and thereby not get KoS because they weren't seen! Or better yet learn to keep your head on a swivel so that you hopefully see any attackers first and flip their ambush back on them.

One of my best memories of standalone so far was turning over a group of bandits in this same way. 

• Like 1

Yeah, if they are role playing they need to take on the chin, and next time learn how to stay in cover or hidden and thereby not get KoS because they weren't seen! Or better yet learn to keep your head on a swivel so that you hopefully see any attackers first and flip their ambush back on them.

One of my best memories of standalone so far was turning over a group of bandits in this same way. 

Role playing is as important as KoSing... both things needs to be balanced. If KoSing is stopping people from role playing, then something is wrong. 

Edited by Cpanther

That's right, but I'd think that by role playing the players should even more want to be on the lookout for danger and so on

You know... i have this argument so many times, that i don't even know what to say next....hopefully better Zombies and more survival features will balance things a bit. Time will tell.

• Like 2

Hello, hope you didn't misunderstood what i wrote in the first place. I really don't have a problem with bandits, i may call them pricks but they're important to the game and i understand it. The RP experience in this game so far has been amazing.I just wanted to share my story with other noobs because i've seen a lot of threads and comments of new players frustrated by the fact that they get brutally smashed all the time and feel that the game community is nothing but a bunch of people with mental disorders. ( I personally love those players, but i prefer to adopt a more friendly playstyle )

See you ingame, if anyone wishes to team up, you can find me in steam, i use the same name.

How long you have ?

I give you the short version...a group of people is having fun role playing, going together around the map doing their "thing", then a "prick" koS most of them with an M4 for fun, and all that people that "was" having a good time, now are in different places in the map, and they rage quit the game.

So what are you suggesting, remove guns from the game? Or maybe the players?

Dont know, tough choice.

Or maybe your a racist unpleasant human being, not approving other peoples approach to the game.

Edited by BENEDICTUS

So what are you suggesting, remove guns from the game? Or maybe the players?

I would suggest:

Make survival on your own so hard, that you NEED to cooperate with other players from time to time, to handle difficult situations, so you have to think twice because killing every moving thing in the game could mean your own death too. But thats just my opinion. ;-)

I would suggest:

Make survival on your own so hard, that you NEED to cooperate with other players from time to time, to handle difficult situations, so you have to think twice because killing every moving thing in the game could mean your own death too. But thats just my opinion. ;-)

Im all ears, how would you accomplish that?

Im all ears, how would you accomplish that?

I didn't say that I can solve this by thinking for a few minutes about it. It's the job of the developers, if they want that. They decide what the game will be like.

But one is sure: As long as Players have more than enough food, clean water, ammunition... and can shoot every moving thing without thinking about the consequences... it's not much more than another shooter. And I would like it to be more. :-)

I didn't say that I can solve this by thinking for a few minutes about it. It's the job of the developers, if they want that. They decide what the game will be like.

But one is sure: As long as Players have more than enough food, clean water, ammunition... and can shoot every moving thing without thinking about the consequences... it's not much more than another shooter. And I would like it to be more. :-)

Well thats the thing, people come up with crazy solutions without thinking them trough. Also you should know that the current loot system / table is a work on progress.

Dont take offence, its not about you, its about these topics  that have been discussed million times and people are always demanding something, not really thinking at all.

Dont take offence,...

I don't. ;-) And of course I know the current loot table is not the final. It was only an example.

Don't get me wrong, KOS is, and sure will be, part of the game. But nonetheless the game should be more than a shooter. Not to log in and kill everything should be the thought you have, when you start playing. It should be to survive, what includes to defend myself (shoot somebody, because i'm not sure if he wants to harm me) but also cooperate with others if needed. The right balance / combination of these two things should be the goal of the developers. (of course this is all my personal opinion and I don't demand that everybody sees it the same way).

(I hope it can be understood what I want to say. Sometimes I have problems to finde the right english words for what I want to say ;-) )