Mangina

make this more like max brooks zombie survival guide!

hey guys i was wondering how much this actually represents max brooks survival guide. there is one feature that i think is good in the books is that over time if you have a base and get locked in coz of the amount of zombies they eventually pile up on top of each other not as stupid and aggressively as the movie but were talking a long time. would this be implemented? i see that there are some broken staircases like the book. 

I am not sure  about the pile up idea but (I will bring up the idea that was mentioned here hundreds of times) I would love to see a hordes of zombies, travelling a cross the map, like in the Word War Z book, the Yonkers part, after every restart the zombies would migrate from major towns across the map,maybe town to town, but still the towns would be heavily infestated.

But I hope the Zeds will be able to damage the baricades at some point.

Edited by Dildo Baggins

I do also hope for exactly what you're talking about. We need harrowing moments where the zombies seem completely unmanageable. 

Wandering hoards and overrun buildings etc and the pile ups. Yes. Grimmer the better. 

there is also having to face zombies down wind or they will sniff you out.  and will there be a snowy place up north? coz thats a good way to loose zombies coz they will start to be alot slower.  and some of them would freeze. the best place in the book is to be up somewhere high in conditions near a sorta tundra environment.... would be cool if there was an oil rig in the south sea. 

• Like 1

I hope they add "horde" zombies. That is, a single (invisible) entity that roams the entire map. It could summon a fixed number of zombies per minute that would follow it around. It could only be destroyed by killing all of these spawned zombies.

I am not sure  about the pile up idea but (I will bring up the idea that was mentioned here hundreds of times) I would love to see a hordes of zombies, travelling a cross the map, like in the Word War Z book, the Yonkers part, after every restart the zombies would migrate from major towns across the map,maybe town to town, but still the towns would be heavily infestated.

But I hope the Zeds will be able to damage the baricades at some point.

Dean Hall already said in a video of the PAX-interview:

The DEVs work on a new renderer-system, where the server checks, if it's worth being rendered. This will save lots of CPU-work, because right now every fireaxe in every firefighter-house in 2km distance is being rendered, you could say.

with the new renderer the server could make a virtual Zombie-horde travelling through the map. And when the virtual horde comes near a player/important thing, the server will make the horde "real" and it will be rendered for player.

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 2

with the new renderer the server could make a virtual Zombie-horde travelling through the map. And when the virtual horde comes near a player/important thing, the server will make the horde "real" and it will be rendered for player.

think of the lag when they come into the 2km radius.

think of the lag when they come into the 2km radius.

They can do this with a singular virtual enemy. The zombies only need to spawn when they are near a player. The server would just need to be able to spawn, and run the AI for, a lot of zombies. I would actually love it if the server made game clients authoritative for the zombie AI once the zombie got within a certain range. Smoothish zombies all of the time, as long as you were playing with people that had a decent connection.

Edited by scriptfactory

i think this is going slightly off topic would be nice to see some of the realism mentioned in the survival guide be added in. 

Dean Hall already said in a video of the PAX-interview:

The DEVs work on a new renderer-system, where the server checks, if it's worth being rendered. This will save lots of CPU-work, because right now every fireaxe in every firefighter-house in 2km distance is being rendered, you could say.

I like the fact that Dean Hall is planing on adding this, in fact I enjoy lisening to his comentary on the development. Hes got some great ideas.

But these ideas have to be put into practice. One day it will be a DayZ reality..........With that said I sure as fuck hope they get the mechanics of the zombies fixed before they add hordes of them for our sake....