Sign in to follow this  
RAM-bo4250

Face It - This game is PvE

Got you in here didn't I? Some of you are about to rage aren't yer? Hold on. All bugs, gltiches, hackers aside.

Everything and I mean everything wants to kill you dead.

- The weather wants to kill you

- Your basic needs want to kill you

- The zombies want to kill you

- The other players want to especially kill you

Face it, it's all environment.

I like how you made a topic saying 

then you make the point that

"- The other players want to especially kill you" (basically contradicted the whole topic  ;))

and then go back to saying "Face it, it's all environment"

Are you ok?

To make the game harder.

Its too easy to get healthy and stay that way. The cooking/hunting is currently nothing more than a novelty and there is no real reward for going to all that effort to get some cooked meat. I can just bag of rice +  water source and then put the wedge back in the w. Cooked fish should yield even more benefits because of what's involved to catch and cook it, maybe let it replenish you slightly over 100% health.

And don't get me started on what's 'realistic' or not.

And in three months, what will you do when there is no more bags of rice laying about? The Devs have already said that canned food spawns will be decreased as we get closer to the finished product.

Seriously, some of the posters on this forum apparently have no idea what a survival game is supposed to be.

Just because fish are harder  (and that is only because the game makes you jump through so many hoops. IRL, fish is one of the easiest sources of protein to get) to catch, doesn't mean it should "provide any more health". Want to know what provides the most energy? Fat and carbohydrates. You can get fat from animals,  and carbohydrates from any of the crops growing around Chernarus. Also, wild plants like Cat-tails, Fragmite reeds, and lilypad tubers are all high in carbohydrates. Talk to someone actually trained in wilderness survival before you make claims, please.

IRL, if you (an untrained individual) attempted to inject a bloodbag (If you could find one that hadn't spoiled from the heat. With no power and no refrigeration, bloodbags would only last for a couple of days at most) into yourself, you would most likely die from air pockets injected with the blood. UNREALISTIC

Eating cooked meat is literally the same thing as eating any other food.

"Blood" is a stupid way to measure health. "Shock" makes more sense, according to the in-game implementations of healing.

PS, Have you tried experimental? Be prepared to die from hypothermia when it gets ported over to stable. As a survival trainer, I think you get hypothermia a little too fast, especially during a sunny day while wearing a sweatshirt, but at least it is a step in the right direction.

"- The other players want to especially kill you" (basically contradicted the whole topic  ;))

Are you ok?

Are you having reading comprehension?  It wasn't difficult to figure out he's saying that this isn't just a one style game.  There are many forum warriors going around saying that this is a PvP game and another group saying this is a PvE game when in fact it's an everything game.  Player vs Everything.

• Like 1

You are aware that this is all for testing purposes, right?  I am 100% sure that they will be tweaking the the hunger/thirst system.  The forums are already a shit show of people bitching and whining, could you imagine if people were constantly starving to death?   They'd have to close down the forums for a while to let people cool off.

I will guess the balancing will involve longer anger / thirst circles, but considerably harder to find food and clean water.. at the moment i think we are in testing mode, everything is accelerated for testing, but the finish game will have a more realistic ratio for Anger Vs Food and resources...

Grimey Rick asked a question, "what's the point of this thread?"

-Stuff and things.-

So yeah, there is a point.

Oh. What is it?

Then perhaps I'm not quite following the whole conversation, because in the OP, I don't really see a real cry to focus this entire game to be just a shooter. What am I missing here?

You missing...hold on...you..missing...stuff... and .. something else that have to do with PvE ...maybe.. or is PvP ?....no..KoS.....i think...and then is something about gremlins ....and... stuff...

Oh. What is it?

In the great lyrics of Epic by Faith No More, "It's it." But I agree with boneboys "it" is stuff and things, just like RAM-bo4250 said. The point is the singularity, and we've all been sucked in and may never again escape.

In the great lyrics of Epic by Faith No More, "It's it." But I agree with boneboys "it" is stuff and things, just like RAM-bo4250 said. The point is the singularity, and we've all been sucked in and may never again escape.

So that is what it means ? Because it sounds to me like an elaborated way to defend KoSing.... a bit like Hannibal Lecter in the silence of the lambs...

• Like 1

Stay away from my brains... you little brain eating rambo...and...remember to NEVER eat or drink after midnight !!

Edited by Cpanther

Are you ok?

I was making a play on words. I can guarantee I did not contradict myself if you understood what I was saying. What's in your environment? Everything, of course. People, buildings, trees, grass, animals, cars, weather, clothes, food. As a communicator it is my responsibilty to make sure I'm understood. I guess I failed.

My real point, was what Caboose said. I was specifically pointing at the PvE players in this instance. I was a staunch PvE player until I had a revelation. Without the threat of other players you would be missing a HUGE part of the environment. Point borrowed from another player - You need me, I'm the bad guy. I don't practice KOS. I gain a position of advantage, and use it if I have to. All based on the other players action. I believe a few posts later I stated that KOS is caused by the victim himself. By his very own actions. Once I stopped hating KOSers and understood it enhanced my own playstyle I raged less and enjoyed the game more.

If you want PvE, play Rust.

If you want PvP, play COD, BF

If you want PvEv play Dayz.

It's my opinion is all.

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 2

Are you having reading comprehension?  It wasn't difficult to figure out he's saying that this isn't just a one style game.  There are many forum warriors going around saying that this is a PvP game and another group saying this is a PvE game when in fact it's an everything game.  Player vs Everything.

By jobe, I think he's got it. Seriously Caboose I knew you had it from the get go.

I was making a play on words. I can guarantee I did not contradict myself if you understood what I was saying. What's in your environment? Everything, of course. People, buildings, trees, grass, animals, cars, weather, clothes, food. As a communicator it is my responsibilty to make sure I'm understood. I guess I failed.

My real point, which was what I called my second point, was basically don't cry over KOS. Without the threat of other players you would be missing a huge part of the environment. Point borrowed from another player - You need me, I'm the bad guy. I don't practice KOS. I gain a position of advantage, and use it if I have to. All based on the other players action. I believe a few posts later I stated that KOS is caused by the victim himself. By his very own actions. Once I stopped hating KOSers and understood it enhanced my own playstyle I raged less and enjoyed the game more.

If you want PvE, play Rust.

If you want PvP, play COD, BF

If you want PvEv play Dayz.

It's my opinion is all.

If you want to be mad find a mental hospital.

But seriously... every time you KoS someone.. you  stopping that person from playing the game they way they want to...so by YOU having fun, you stopping other people from having fun. So KoSing  fundamentally stops people from playing the game the way they want to... and force them to play the game in a way that they DON'T want to.

Edited by Cpanther

But seriously... every time you KoS someone.. you  stopping that person from playing the game they way they want to...so by YOU having fun, you stopping other people from having fun. So KoSing  fundamentally stops people from playing the game the way they want to... and force them to play the game in a way that they DON'T want to.

What?  No one is forcing anyone to play any style.  This is all part of the DayZ game.  Seriously, if you cannot handle getting killed by another player while you're picking apples from a tree you should rethink what kind of game you want to play.

What?  No one is forcing anyone to play any style.  This is all part of the DayZ game.  Seriously, if you cannot handle getting killed by another player while you're picking apples from a tree you should rethink what kind of game you want to play.

So is like... " As far as I having fun, i don't care if you don't" ?

You guys talk like spoiled brats ....ME, ME,ME... and only ME.

And Cpanther. You really did come into my house and kick over my stereo. All you had to do was knock on the door and ask me what I meant. If the whole discussion bores you I don't take offense at that. If you disagree I don't take offense at that. So can you please pick up my stereo and put it back on Mozart. Thank you.

Actually, I was listening to Classic Rock.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

And Cpanther. You really did come into my house and kick over my stereo. All you had to do was knock on the door and ask me what I meant. If the whole discussion bores you I don't take offense at that. If you disagree I don't take offense at that. So can you please pick up my stereo and put it back on Mozart. Thank you.

I guess is annoying when someone piss in you garden, and stops you from doing things you way...i understand.

I guess is annoying when someone piss in you garden, and stops you from doing things you way...i understand.

If you want to whine about being kos'd there is a sticky you can whine in. This tbread is not about that and I honestly don't know how you even came to that conclusion.

Seriously, I don't know what else to say. I'm not mad. I myself don't KOS. But others do. And that's realistic in the world of the apocalypse. I refer you to the scene in The Walking Dead where the governor confronts the military column. Hands down. They should have beaten the governor and his bunch. They blew it. Either they got complacent in their strength or took for granted everyone was nice. Either way, they brought hell down upon themselves. They clearly had the position of advantage if they took, well, advantage of it. The only thing the governor and his group had an advantage of was foreknowledge. They knew they were gonna KOS.

If you want to whine about being kos'd there is a sticky you can whine in. This tbread is not about that and I honestly don't know how you even came to that conclusion.

Is my spidey senses ... they go all funny when is crap nearby, funny thing, really...

Edited by Cpanther

If the expression PvEv ever catches on credit has to go to Caboose.

PvE + PvP = PvEv or perhaps PvEP.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

Seriously, I don't know what else to say. I'm not mad. I myself don't KOS. But others do. And that's realistic in the world of the apocalypse. I refer you to the scene in The Walking Dead where the governor confronts the military column. Hands down. They should have beaten the governor and his bunch. They blew it. Either they got complacent in their strength or took for granted everyone was nice. Either way, they brought hell down upon themselves. They clearly had the position of advantage if they took, well, advantage of it. The only thing the governor and his group had an advantage of was foreknowledge. They knew they were gonna KOS.

Is also lots of times in The Walking Dead where people helps each other, even if it means dying themselves...in fact... the full series is about a "group" of people trying to survive without losing their humanity.

Is also lots of times in The Walking Dead where people helps each other, even if it means dying themselves...in fact... the full series is about a "group" of people trying to survive without losing their humanity.

I realize that. But it's also about the groups they encounter. Rick's group meets the governor. Rick's tiny group meets The baddy gang (gang Daryl gets cooped up with. Next up, Rick's group meets Terminus (can't wait for this one). This is your typical KOSer attitude groups. They also encounter the middle more opportunistic groups such as the prison inmates. (these are the casual KOS crowd - the I better do this or I will be killed). And they also encounter good groups (Hershel and Tyreese's group) or hero, new spawn groups. Although technically new spawns can be either group.

I am proudly of the third group. You meet me and it's your lucky day. Cross me I'm your worst nightmare. I'm a Rick and Daryl character.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

And in three months, what will you do when there is no more bags of rice laying about?

I guess I will just have to find one that is standing up.