Sign in to follow this  
pjano

Can we bring back some of the small gadgets slots?

In the day z mod I remember having small slots which were for specific items, such as compass, matches, gut knife, watch, gps etc.

I think this issue has been addressed before and am not sure if they are going to change it, but can we have some give-away slots for things like pencils, batteries and maps? I think that these should take up negligible space relative to actual food supplies, bullets, weapon scopes and medicine. Could there be separate backpack slots for these small items so we don't have to worry about swapping food for a pen?

http://spartanwarfighters.net/miscel/DayZ/DayZ_Inventory_Presentation.png

[screenshot showing the old item slots on the bottom left - This seemed to work quite well in the mod although some items did not really belong there.]

Edited by pjano
  • Like 2

I think how the combat knife fits into combat boots, and fishing hook fits into boonie hat could be done similarly with maps, pens, paper and other tiny items.

Maps and paper could fit into a hidden slot for all pants, which simulates it only taking a paper thin width of your pocket leaving room for whatever else.

Similarly pens could just clip to the pocket on your shirt, or into you pants pocket.

If you decide to have about 5 pens and 4 bits of paper stuffed into your pants maybe it could just grey out an inventory space eventually.

Just add a toolbelt.

Edited by Yazar8

Just add a toolbelt.

Tool belt item, hmmm that's be pretty cool.

But they'd also need leg holsters and fanny packs.

The one from Arma and the mod is actually called the toolbelt isn't it?

Still, yeah I think it should be something that could be scavenged or even crafted perhaps? Plus a compass/watch or compass that can go on your wrist so you don't have to keep getting it out of your backpack everytime you want to check your bearing.

or a strap for the binoculars would be cool.  or be able to break binoculars in half and duct tape one end to a rifle as a scope and use the other as a telescope lol.

or a strap for the binoculars would be cool.  or be able to break binoculars in half and duct tape one end to a rifle as a scope and use the other as a telescope lol.

It doesn't really work like that....  :|   If they did something like this then they would have to have a more realistic zeroing mechanic and any weapon with half of some binos as a scope would be impossible to zero since the duct taped "scope" would shift ever so slightly with every shot...

It doesn't really work like that....  :|   If they did something like this then they would have to have a more realistic zeroing mechanic and any weapon with half of some binos as a scope would be impossible to zero since the duct taped "scope" would shift ever so slightly with every shot...

"shrugs" don't own a gun so idk lol i just thought it was a cool idea in a emergency.

"shrugs" don't own a gun so idk lol i just thought it was a cool idea in a emergency.

In an emergency you would be far more accurate with iron sights and a pair of binocs.

Than a gun with a really shitty scope and a bad telescope.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 1

In an emergency you would be far more accurate with iron sights and a pair of binocs.

Than a gun with a really shitty scope and a bad telescope.

Still waiting on being able to use a scope without it mounted.

I don't like proprietary item slots. Why can't I keep a pen in my boot instead of only the knife? What if I want to stick other important items in an ammo can instead of only ammunition? It's a sealed container. Maybe I want to keep other things nice and dry?

• Like 2

I just wanted to post something like that. We really need toolbelt for small usable items like map, compass, watches (if they add them), pen, ...

And the map system as it is now is quite annoying... who in the world would split maps into 2-4 parts so we need to craft them again? And after crafting we need to assign it to 0-9 and then finally use normal map. Instead of finding solid piece of map, putting it to toolbelt (since that you dont care about space, positioning in bag, etc...) and pressing M.

Edited by ThreeDots

why dont they just cut the inventory down into even smaller spaces?

I haven't played the mod, so I don't know how they did it there but here's an idea:

What if each style of backpack had a certain number of "mini" slots in addition to the standard size slots?  So a certain number of the square inventory slots could be divided into 4 quadrants, and only certain "small" items that IRL really take up negligible space and weight can fit in these small quadrants (for example, fishing hook, pen, map, etc.).

Hypothetically, for example, say 2 of the existing slots on the hunting backpack, 5 on the mountain backpack, etc. could be either used like this, or treated as a single normal sized slot.  Or alternatively, the "extra" mini quadrant slots could be added to the existing available slots on each backpack.  The same could be done for other items like vests, cargo pants, etc.