trankin

was this a hacker?

Ok last night I ran down to bolota to gear up to have some fun. I had everything I needed but my pants and boots got ruined when I fell off a balcony I didn't die thankfully. so I use a morphine fix my legs eat and wait about 20 mins to get some blood back. now I loot the little town to the north of bolota find the pants I needed. only need boots now so I walked down to the airstrip and look around it was obvious someone was there so I was being sneaky I walked into the atc checked the entire building and I thought I heard something so I walked down the metal stairs my head wasn't poped up and I didn't see anyone come in from down stairs and I can see he top of the stairs I didn't see anyone there . I wait for 2 mins then out of no where it says "you're dead" didn't say broken legs or anything like the glitch usually does nore did I hear gunshots so I didn't know if it was a hacker/glitch or if someone killed me. honestly I don't see how someone could have killed me.  in the position I was in

Not sure if it was a hacker/scripter that killed you. Someone could have been overlooking your position from a different location. That being said, I'm not saying there weren't shenanigans involved in your death such as wall glitching. There are times when you are sniped that you don't always hear shots fired though. I know its no consultation but maybe someone else can shed more light on it

I know its no consultation but maybe someone else can shed more light on it

Actually, this entire forum is , in a sense, a consultation......................................................you've now been enlightened

Edited by Mystic Bagel

There are 2 windows with good LOS that at the landing and second floor of that act from the airfield guard towers. Sounds like a good sniper got you when you stopped for those 2 mins

don't want you thinking I was complaining I was just wondering what it could have been. it kinda surprised me lol.  ive died in the atc before to the floor glitch but that says broken legs ect. 

don't want you thinking I was complaining I was just wondering what it could have been. it kinda surprised me lol.  ive died in the atc before to the floor glitch but that says broken legs ect. 

valid point sir

This is the reason why the developers of this game need to tell us upon death why we died.  Not WHO killed us, but WHAT killed us.

And that my fellow posters is bloody easy to code & produce.  It would also help us, to help them, fix this game by allowing us to provide more feedback on the product.  If the STAIRS shot you, well hey, call me crazy, but that's a huge error in the game.  All we know is "You are dead."  For the bazillion dollars this game has raked in, they should at least help us with some code to help them.

I do not know why this has not happened yet because it defies all financial logic, and is the cause of conspiracy talk that we all are pretty much tired of.

• Like 2

I've been killed through some buildings before. Sometimes I'm curious which ones you can do that with and which you can't.

I had everything I needed but my pants and boots got ruined when I fell off a balcony [...]

not to de-rail this thread, but is this intentional or a bug? clothing taking fall damage, that is.

not to de-rail this thread, but is this intentional or a bug? clothing taking fall damage, that is.

I was wondering the same. I understand clothing should take some damage because when you fall most of the time you don't land on your feet so your cloths do get a little ruffed up but I feel like clothing breaks waaay to easily.

There are 2 windows with good LOS that at the landing and second floor of that act from the airfield guard towers. Sounds like a good sniper got you when you stopped for those 2 mins

This, I was with a buddy who got nailed through one of those windows.  He didn't die, and when the guy came in to get the loot the guy got shot in the face, but my buddy was lucky.

Theres a glitch for hiding in the wall of the atc and someone was problably hiding there and waited for you to turn and axed you thats my guess the pos exploiters and script kiddies is getting waaay bad they need to put in a kill log or something so when you do see a actual hacker you can ss it and report the name that killed you the game is going down hill and going down fast past 3 weeks has been horrible and too alll you pos hackers i know that are reading this forum if you enjoy the game you need to stop ruining it.

I've been experiencing a lot of weird deaths lately .. Mostly your situation , where you know exactly where your enemy is and you know you're covered by all angles but somehow you die .. This happened twice to me today and my explanation isn't hackers but the worst Desync we've seen since .45 patch came out with all the rubber banding.

I say this because today I logged into the novo tower and while it was still doing that 20 seconds of lag thing when you log in , I could see through all the walls and floor as if the tower wasn't even there (it was just my graphics loading in slowly I guess ) but I instantly see a man on the other side of the wall coming towards the door frame of the stairwell (because I could see through the wall for a second because of aforementioned graphic weirdness) and I shoot once towards the door frame to try and slow him down while I run down the stair case , after I shoot I lagged for a decent 3 seconds and heard nothing , no gun shots and then I was dead . So my guess is ping and Desync ( he could have leaned over out from cover for a second and shot you , Desync made it so you didn't receive the sounds of the gunshot or see him the instant he came out ?

Edited by Grapefruit kush