shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

found a hunting scope and a winchester within less than half an hour of each other, luckiest day in a long time since this was the first scope I'd seen in 1.05.

got shot in the face entering a building in the middle of nowhere 15 minutes after that.  not a word from the guy, just boom. 😕

On 3/22/2019 at 6:19 PM, eno said:

One of our guys was working on an NL server a little while back and reported that there was a rather large base starting to sprout up at the mil tents just west of Svet... I went over to check it out as he came back from further west.

I logged in just west of the location in a bush closer to the little ... market type building there with the blue shutters... and IMMEDIATELY it sounded like gunshots right on top of me. I began my evasive routine west (ASDWDASDAWDASDAWDADAWAWDAWDAWD) and tried to keep some bush between me and my inner ear where it sounded like the shots came from. Shooting slowed to intermittent and I wasn't hearing "cracks" but I didn't stop until I got up over the tracks to the south and into enfilade from defilade. From there I moved into a better OP to take a look around.

Sure enough, a substantial base had been erected, including a 2 story tower to the south with a roof, mostly closed in and two rows of fence posts (no planks) around it on the ground generally blocking off the north side of the tents too. There were no stairs providing access to either platform so it was pretty obvious that someone just parked his dude up there and used some plank stacking glitch to move in. The mil tents would be ripe for farming if they ever really generated anything remarkable... but you could stack up on .45 ammo if you needed it. 

On closer inspection a less substantial tower had been built on the north side as well- I don't recall if there were stairs to that one. 

Things were quiet. For a good, long while. No movement... 

I couldn't tell if someone was in the tower- it was enclosed to the south and the open area covered with camo betting where I was looking. Of course my hunter scope, binoculars, range finder (any handheld optics) don't work (fuck sakes) so I did what I could with my attached scope. Nothing visible and my guy concurred from his overwatch position when he arrived. 

I sprinted across to the north, keeping the base to my right and eventually made my way up the rocky side, staying south of the road that heads up towards the radio antenna. I found myself a nice little perch that provided some view as well as some cover from the road. I made some observations to my partner who assured me nobody was visible to him, either.

That didn’t last long- within a minute of arrival I heard some pretty loud footsteps approaching from the east, just behind me. I saw what I thought was an SVD / VSD with modified silencer on the end sticking up like a radio antenna from the player’s back… and the proximity to the military tents switched me into Helper Skelter mode.

The character stopped briefly just within my view, then continued down towards the tents- skipping over the guardrail and heading down towards one of the buses where he stopped again.

“I still can’t see him-“ my partner indicated.

In hindsight I do regret not challenging the guy first and taking control of the situation, letting it play out the way it can- sometimes. Admittedly I was in reasonable cover- but we were right on top of one another. Adding to it I was dealing with a ~200 ping… VSD on his back with it not being entirely clear through my scope and while being in the vicinity of the military space I elected to shoot him in the back and killed him without saying anything.

Not my proudest moment.

I checked on his corpse shortly afterwards and I was surprised to see it was an SKS on his back- not the VSD I thought I’d seen. He was carrying a sub gun internally, .45 FX too (if memory serves) so he was ready for some fighting. Looked like a youtuber I’d seen recently who was posting from Berezino, actually… so not sure if I ruined his stream or not but that could have been just a coincidence that they looked the same.

I haven’t been back to that server yet to check on the base but it’s had a lot of work put into it and if you wanted to go looking for a fight you’d probably find one there.   Lp

What NL server was that? Maybe you killed me

had a smersh backpack I'd been holding onto and just found a smersh vest!  awesome!  was attaching them together and... 'no signal from server in 8 seconds... 9 seconds... bye'.

really?

8 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

had a smersh backpack I'd been holding onto and just found a smersh vest!  awesome!  was attaching them together and... 'no signal from server in 8 seconds... 9 seconds... bye'.

really?

Unless it was a coincidence, it sounds like that action of attaching them crashed the server.  Did you put in a bug tracker for that?  I'm gonna try and do the same thing (the next time I find them that is) and see what happens.

Just picked this game up a month ago. I'm on my 9th char.

I made it to the lower camp of the ski resort after a long stint thru the woods. I heard and saw nothing. Once there I heard a stag and started hunting it. Shortly after the hunt, a wolf howled. Sweet baby Jesus that was the absolute scariest moment I have ever had as a gamer! 

So I sprinted back to the camp. I didn't care if any zombies got triggered. I did make it to the hunting lodge, now surrounded by zombies and wolves. Did the zombies and wolves attack each other like how I envisioned a drug out slaughter would go? No. Even after a Via shot to trigger zombies. Yeah, I've cheated before and just logged out, come back in a few moments with everything reset, but not this time. I gotta fight my way out, as intended by the dev's.

I have a Mosin, Via shotgun with slugs, a 20 round mag, and a .45. Head shots to start off, wolf body shots until they left, and then the rest of the hoard was dealt with exactly like Leonidas and the 300. Open the door and shoot. Numbers meant nothing.

In the end, I was alive with a mountain of dead zombies and wolves. And a belly full of wolf steak! 2 shot gun shots left, reloaded the .45 once and an empty Mosin. 85% of my shots hit.

I think I'm ready to start hunting players. If you have a VSD, you've been warned! 

Same char and we went south, not quite confident enough for the NW base. Found a small military camp. 

After looting, I was crouched by some sand bags when a player came running at me, looting the camp. He did not see me. I brought to bear the Mosin (loaded) and that player stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me. I'm new, I wanted to talk, so i lowered my rifle... and was shot dead. My mercy, was also shot dead.

Of all my deaths due to my own errors in judgment, this one burns me.

I'm at Tisy MB and about to pop my cork.

Previously, both of my bases were raided within hours of each other. My tent that had never been found, was found. All that work...GONE. The base close to Zeleno was raided, but the one near Tisy was a message. First, my garden was pulled up. That's cute Toto, I know you're gonna return so I Ghillie up and park 200m away with the silenced Mosin. To this day I have yet to honest to God snipe someone, despite the hours spent watching and listening. I know I heard foot steps right behind me, but there was no one there. I have 7.1 surround sound and I could follow the sounds with looking, still, nobody. So to make sure the "whatever" was there knew I knew it was there, I spoke. "I'm not gonna kill him, just scare him." (Maybe my mercy is only half dead neighbor.) No more footsteps. After a while with no luck, I march to my base door and was kicked off the game just before I started to unlock it. The next day, after not finding a UMP in Tisy MB, I return to find the gate was tore half way down, the stored items were placed on the ground, the tent was removed, crates broken down, and only some sundries were stolen. Weapons, ammo, even the netting was left.

I was broken. DUN SON. I took what I could find thru the rabble and tears and went looking for a fight and death. I thought that the Via shotgun would bring the Tisy hoard out for me. It did... I lived, but out of shotgun shells. So I left that shotgun there and headed to the spawn point I started out at. Something will kill me. I survived 2 wolf spawns... 2 or 3 cartridges left for the .45 and 2 mosin shots remained... but I made it. 

Clothes were destroyed, ghillie suit shredded, no more bandages, 3 wolf steaks left, a little ammo, NVG's and a machete.

So I park around 200m from this hamlet and start a fire. Trees behind me to reflect the light, train tracks in front with the ocean past that. I won't kill a Bambi, so I'm just going to give all this stuff to a new spawn. Eventually, someone shows up... but not who I thought it would be. This dude just got the game and it showed. He asked for food and I gave him a steak. It took awhile for him to find it. Definitely not the "trained professional" I envisioned being bestowed with loot.

I asked, been playing long?

Not really, have you?

Yes, I said. I just came here from the NW corner of the map... I've seen some things... I think I'm losing my mind...

After a pause he asked, Do you have a gun for me? I need a gun. 

I replied, You're about to get a lot more than that!...... and blew my head off with the mosin.

I still smile thinking of this....

what do I do when dazy kicks every time from the servers I join them and saying "your ping latency is too high " please help I just bought this game I wanna play dayz in quite :(

Всем привет,где можно приобрести игру сейчас?стим не производит оплату для России,игроки то причём тут?ни одну игру не купить

On 9/7/2014 at 1:47 PM, MaxTheSurvivor said:

Server is: 173.199.75.16:2302

Name: [FR] Team Les Plows PVP Berezino and Svetlo

I forgot to mention the admin kicked me out before these resets about 15 times in 30 minutes and the only players that were on the servers were always the same 3 guys, probably the admin and his friends loot farming. After the 15th or 16th ejection I heard a baby voice (not older than 18) say: "Players don't join or I kick". WTF? I wanna play, I paid for this shit, I'm going to connect anyway and then the resets started. I reported their names and the server to the hoster but TBH I don't think this is going to make any difference. I'm now just playing 5 minutes per day until the wipe, I can cope with bugs, glitches, bandits because that's all part of an alpha or the game, but crappy admins will ruin this game sooner than later. We'll see if 0.49 will make any difference about these rotten servers, who knows maybe the Bohemia will realize all their efforts to enhance the quality of the game can be just ruined in 5 minutes by abusive admins. But to speak the truth I expect nothing from Bohemia in order to solve these problems, after all the very idea of giving the power of god to some unknown admins is the biggest mistake they could have done. Better fewer servers with more control, official control that this mess of thousands of servers managed by who the hell knows.

hey bro 

you can join us on server Antwerpen 

you will see its the coolest server...

On 3/5/2022 at 11:02 AM, Altais said:

Всем привет,где можно приобрести игру сейчас?стим не производит оплату для России,игроки то причём тут?ни одну игру не купить

On 7/31/2021 at 4:30 PM, DAsdsaw1234567 said:

what do I do when dazy kicks every time from the servers I join them and saying "your ping latency is too high " please help I just bought this game I wanna play dayz in quite 😞

its means your  internet conection is not good

join server Antwerpen .

Less than a week in on this one, I am learning as I go. 

If you see a pile of stuff in the middle of the road it might be mine.