Sign in to follow this  
hothtimeblues

Boats?

I searched but didn't see any confirmations of boats in the roadmap?

I probably just didn't see it right? I really would like to have a sailboat or other kind of boat in Dayz.

It might be nice if there were a few more offshore islands like Skalisty or smaller. That would make it more interesting to have boats in the game.

Yeah, man.

I know a slow sailboat would be a sitting duck in the game but I still want one for some reason... Probably cause I can't buy one in real life...

But barricading should allow us to put armor on anything so that would be cool to armor up your boats.

But at least a fast small boat in the game since you could not be as easily sniped.

Boats were in the Mod.

Boats will be in the SA.

Please search more thoroughly for OLD topics before you make a new one.

I searched but didn't see any confirmations of boats in the roadmap?

I probably just didn't see it right? I really would like to have a sailboat or other kind of boat in Dayz.

I see someone posted the pic of Dean presenting the roadmap, it has what I think is a pretty solid confirmation on it. However, I think if boats are added they need to add some large rivers that go inland. not only for boat transportation, but to divide up the map a little bit. you should not be easily able to cross the river by swimming, don't know how to prevent it but it should be very hard. only way to cross should be boat or a bridge, but the bridges would most likely become checkpoints being operated by bandits/clans that require a fee or something to pass.