Sign in to follow this  
Rocklin

military vehicles?

I had an idea while watching some youtube videos.   The map is located in an eastern European setting and in eastern Europe there's lots of old abandoned military hardware just lying around.         I think with crafting we could do something like theses guys did.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_aDMqFrUV8

the video is kind of long but it shows what can be done,   in game it could take days to get to the point where the object is useable.  that tank is an ISU-152,   its a very old tank and its probably the first time its ran in 30 years.

no I am not a cod fanboy and yes alpha alpha alpha.

bad idea?

Heavy vehicles like tanks should never ever be implemented.

By all means add cars, bikes and 4x4 jeeps but not tanks or LAVs/APCs

Edited by RagedDrew
  • Like 1

Heavy vehicles like tanks should never ever be implemented.

By all means add cars, bikes and 4x4 jeeps but not tanks or LAVs/APCs

Tanks are possible just don't give them turret cannons and just a light LMG like what a jeep would have. Anyone with half as good of hearing could hear that thing grinding for miles anyways. And taking it out wouldn't be an issue if it was using scrap platting or old rusted armor that is not up to code of being bullet proof per say.

Yeah, it would be pretty cool to find a HMMWV maybe with a .50cal on it but it would have to be incredibly rare. Not only the vehicle itself, but the ammunition and parts. Nothing like APCs or tanks, that would spoil the game, after all this isn't Overpoch.

I'm not going to pretend I know things regarding armor plating or the physics when it comes shooting a bullet but even still I think rusted or old armor would still stop a 7.62 round.

I'm not going to pretend I know things regarding armor plating or the physics when it comes shooting a bullet but even still I think rusted or old armor would still stop a 7.62 round.

No i believe there could still be some penetration and possible injuries if the armor is not up to code or inspected properly. So saying a tank is OP just for being a tank is silly. Now if they allow us to make just off the assembly factory made ready to go armored mobile tanks with fully working turret cannons that would definitely probably stop a 7.62 round or at least some of it.

14562_original.jpg

I posted this earlier in another topic. But something like this or even without the turret exposing the driver i could see being acceptable cause you could still get a body shot in.

Beautiful tank destroyer!  Lethal as all hell, just look at the bloody diameter on that gun!

Good to see them putting soviet concrete to good use too.

Something like this would be mostly novelty, and as practical as it would be at protecting you from fire, you'd be attracting everything with half a decibel of hearing for miles to come.  you'd also crawl about the place all day long, but as long as you couldn't fire the main gun and had to get out to refuel i've got no issues for the most part.

You'd probably need a high calibre or armor piercing round to punch through that tank's armor, though if you wanted to chance standing in front of it, maybe you could get a shot or two through the view-port, or have the turret hatch permanently open to allow vulnurability from above.

the PTRS/PTRD used a 14.5x114mm AP round (at least for PTRS) and it was very effective at neutralising targets through the view-port and you could probably use it to hit fuel tanks or rear-components.  I've heard rumor that M16 can pierce certain APC armor, but with sloped and composite armor you're going to see less bang for your buck, although certain TD/Half-track platforms were exposed heavily from the rear/top and were designed to be used in support of other forces, which in turn protected their exposed flanks.

If they introduce tanks, i'd want them to up the physics so i can push through buildings and crush over cars and the like, which would probably be extra work on that front, so i think it'll just end up being cars, because who likes seeing their tank stop dead against matchstick russian houses?

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Beautiful tank destroyer!  Lethal as all hell, just look at the bloody diameter on that gun!

Good to see them putting soviet concrete to good use too.

Something like this would be mostly novelty, and as practical as it would be at protecting you from fire, you'd be attracting everything with half a decibel of hearing for miles to come.  you'd also crawl about the place all day long, but as long as you couldn't fire the main gun and had to get out to refuel i've got no issues for the most part.

You'd probably need a high calibre or armor piercing round to punch through that tank's armor, though if you wanted to chance standing in front of it, maybe you could get a shot or two through the view-port, or have the turret hatch permanently open to allow vulnurability from above.

the PTRS/PTRD used a 14.5x114mm AP round (at least for PTRS) and it was very effective at neutralising targets through the view-port and you could probably use it to hit fuel tanks or rear-components.  I've heard rumor that M16 can pierce certain APC armor, but with sloped and composite armor you're going to see less bang for your buck, although certain TD/Half-track platforms were exposed heavily from the rear/top and were designed to be used in support of other forces, which in turn protected their exposed flanks.

If they introduce tanks, i'd want them to up the physics so i can push through buildings and crush over cars and the like, which would probably be extra work on that front, so i think it'll just end up being cars, because who likes seeing their tank stop dead against matchstick russian houses?

Best video ever

@deathlove

Yeah don't get me wrong i wouldn't want to be in front of it, but with 40 people on the server, if you can't knock shit down or crush things you're not doing a whole lot more than chugchugchug ;)

Also saw a similar video, may have been from the same show, where a guy slaps armored plates on hit truck and goes on a rampage, has several rifles allegedly shooting from gunports that he's cut in his car, and ploughed through a school and several other buildings before, much like this, disabling himself and getting shot by cops.

@deathlove

Yeah don't get me wrong i wouldn't want to be in front of it, but with 40 people on the server, if you can't knock shit down or crush things you're not doing a whole lot more than chugchugchug ;)

Also saw a similar video, may have been from the same show, where a guy slaps armored plates on hit truck and goes on a rampage, has several rifles allegedly shooting from gunports that he's cut in his car, and ploughed through a school and several other buildings before, much like this, disabling himself and getting shot by cops.

He actually took a bulldozer and basically filled in every vulnerable spot with concrete, piled in a bunch of rifles, and went around on a destruction spree. Was from the same show, too.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing something like monument tanks being reactivated with an inert gun. If we get RPG-7s later it would make using a loud,slow, maintenance whore like a 70 year old tank a liability. It could wear out parts faster than contemporary vehicles.