Sign in to follow this  
yazar8

I combat logged, but did I have anyother chance?

I was in a house, this is the house I call "gypsy house" where there's a lot of loot in it, incase you still didn't get it, It's the house with wooden walls and blue paint at some parts of it. There's a kitchen at your right, has a red table and a lot of loot there, that house always has good loot, for example whenever I enter there I find rice etc.

So I was in the house and out of nowhere a zombie spawned (I heard this noise but since my door is closed I didn't really mind. But then I started getting hit by the zombie, I looked around to see where he is, I look at the windows, he's not anywhere there. So I start moving at the room randomly and get to the inner side of the house hoping for the zombie to stop, I finally came to the corner and started to bandage myself, and then bam the zombie hit me again, I did understand at that point the zombie was surely glitched under the ground, I searched for him so I could maybe see his head popping out or something so I could take him down, he hit me again, I had a broken leg this time, so I couldn't really crawl out aswell as the zombie would probably follow to kill me, I decided to log.

I ofcourse died, I was not expecting to die but I did. I thought the combat log thing worked for PVP situations. 

Anyway, my real question is, at some point, did I do something wrong? At the end I'm playing this game on alpha, I had a good gear too, I wanted to save it. so imo It's my right to log out (considering It's a glitch)

The real real real question is though, If I, or anyone else around here, gets to experience this bug, what should we do?

Consider having a broken leg and all of these happening in like 15 seconds, what are my options?

Edited by Yazar8

Consider having a broken leg and all of these happening in like 15 seconds, what are my options?

Die with honor and start again?

• Like 1

Die with honor and start again?

Look though I do know how to die with honor. The first DayZ I was playing this game, I couldn't really die with honor, I would really get pissed off, but now I get along with it, I'm not angry anymore If I get killed by a glitch. Also there's going to be a hive reset anyway, my gear is going to go eventually.

As in options, I want to break the game-breaking bug. Ofcourse I know dying with honor is the best option, but would everyone rather that? I'm looking for a way around for this, the forum has experts here, so they can give an idea.

Edited by Yazar8

Anyway, my real question is, at some point, did I do something wrong? At the end I'm playing this game on alpha, I had a good gear too, I wanted to save it. so imo It's my right to log out (considering It's a glitch)

yes. what you did wrong was combat log, and your options include dying with honor.

Combat logging isn't that effective now due to the 30 seconds it takes for your character to actually leave the server, so even know you're out of the server and looking at the server browser, your helpless body was still being pounded by that zombie for 30 seconds hence why you died.

Combat logging is really a big no no around here so expect to get a good 'ol nut crushing for it, but one thing at least it wasn't as if you were in a gun fight when you did it.

Now for the invisible / desyncing zombie, the first thing you should do is high tail it out of the house./building your in, the reason your being hit is due to the server thinking you're somewhere else (desync) the zombie should regain it's aggro and follow you to where you really are.

Or the zombie is truly invisible, this has only happened to me once, I was playing with a friend who could hear a zombie really close to him but couldn't see it, however the zombie was visible on my screen, but again, time to get the f*** out of there and relocate if you can't find the zombie.

Edited by RagedDrew
  • Like 1

Combat logging isn't that effective now due to the 30 seconds it takes for your character to actually leave the server, so even know you're out of the server and looking at the server browser, your helpless body was still being pounded by that zombie for 30 seconds hence why you died.

Combat logging is really a big no no around here so expect to get a good 'ol nut crushing for it, but one thing at least it wasn't as if you were in a gun fight when you did it.

Now for the invisible / desyncing zombie, the first thing you should do is high tail it out of the house./building your in, the reason your being hit is due to the server thinking you're somewhere else (desync) the zombie should regain it's aggro and follow you to where you really are.

Or the zombie is truly invisible, this has only happened to me once, I was playing with a friend who could hear a zombie really close to him but couldn't see it, however the zombie was visible on my screen, but again, time to get the f*** out of there and relocate if you can't find the zombie.

This was the response I was looking for, I don't want to be cursed because I've combat logged, I don't do this at all, I was just trying my chance to survive this way.

Otherwise, If we combat log when we see a zombie or a person, where's the challenge of this game? I was fully geared, I had 2 weapons and an axe, If I really had the fair chance of getting him down, I would.

Also I've trained myself on zombies for hours to know how they work, now I can avoid them hitting me If I'm going to a melee attack for them. I find killing the zombies quite fun and I don't leave even one alive (actually, they are never alive lol) at the town I loot (If I have the weapon to do) It doesn't matter if he's a threat to me or not, he might be standing at the middle of the field, might have not even noticed me, he's still my enemy, I'll run to kill him.

So that was not the case, I was not trying to avoid the zombie there, I was trying to avoid the glitch. I'll certainly die with my honor if some zombie fairly breaks my leg and starts eating my flesh, I'm completely up for that.

This is no arcade game, this game is supposed to be a serious game. Thanks for the heads up RagedDrew, even though I was not able to exit the building quickly, I was doing some inventory management at the same time, my reaction time was a little bit delaying because of that. If this does happen to me again I'll consider leaving the building and also anyother newbie has read this should consider the same.

• Like 1

Theres really is no "avoiding the glitch" unless you dont log in for quite awhile 8)

Combat logging ass.

Manners, mate, manners.

Shit happens. Alpha and all that.

.. but I don't get the purpose of this thread, are you looking for sympathy or validation or..?

Edited by Ceallach

all the people bitching about you combat logging are are all 'honorable' players who would think nothing of murdering you as you log in or out.  funny, that.

I spawned at Vybor, no shirt, no pants, no shoes, hydrated and energized, I guess the game is  paying back me a "sorry" after the zombie glitch?  :)

Karma indeed, because the day before I lost my AKM due to a game glitch aswell, at the place I spawned I found an AKM. Karma is real!

Edited by Yazar8