Sign in to follow this  
yazar8

Colour blind support

I am colour blind. It's not really much though, I can have hard time reading green text over yellow etc. But I know all of the colours correctly and I can know the difference between them.

When I was new to the game, I had hard time understanding whether I was having a high blood regen or a low one, because I couldn't really "calibrate" my eye to the light green one and the dark green one. I did understand it through internet though, by comparing what I had on my screen and what I see on the internet.

However, if a player who has really serious colour blind issues, they may not be able to understand the difference between yellow or green. My suggestion is to add a "color blind" support, so that users can understand their hunger / thirst / energized / hydrated statuses easily.

Cheers!

• Like 9

Making it a bar from full to empty as opposed to colour coded would be nice for you I'm sure.

• Like 2

Must be your lucky DayZ.

I've discussed this with the Rockets and he is for :thumbsup: .

If and when is another subject I'm afraid.

• Like 2

I support this 100%

in no way shape or form should a game hinder people that have a handicap.

I salute the devs that work on this. Big Time! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I just wish my mom, cough, could play.. (she's a quad) one day tho it will be all eye / thought gameing

as she is 63 idk... But man she would rock!!

Brooklyn born and Raised!! Back in the dayz 60s / 70s

Tut

There should definitely colorblind support for the inventory screen - however it should be an option. Because I like the green/yellow/red color scheme and for me its the most intuitive and lucid. Which is probably true for most non-colorblind people if you look at traffic lights for example.

So maybe two versions - the green/yellow/red scheme and a colorblind option where you have a different color scheme. Different shapes would help as well - I don't like bars because they tend to give too much information or seem to give information when they are not.

Yes! Finally my dog will be able to play DayZ with me!

Edited by Awruk

Thumbs up for support to look at this :)

I am colour blind and the typical red/green and ALL shades/colours in between. approximately 10% of male population are colour blind, I think the statistic is that 85% of those are Red/Green deficient. It is rare but not impossible for females to be effected. It is hard for none colour blind players to perceive the issues so here is I hope a simple example.

A normal vision player will see a ghilli suit in the trees if it moves or he gets lucky. If that ghilli suit is red/orange colours it will stick out like a sore thumb. To a red/green colour blind person they will both be as hidden as each other as the mind does not pick out the red pigment. A green health metre against a predominently green/brown background is difficult to see. If you see someone checking his health bar by looking at the sky, then chances are they are colour blind. They are seeking a background which allows the health bar to have a high contrast background.

The main areas which could be improved would be name tags, health&food meters and general inventory screens. For me I accept the game adds the additional challenges however easy mode for me is the desert Takistan map which has very small area of green scenery

The most modern and practical game I have encountered with good colour blind options is world of tanks with their 'blue' targeting option.

Any colours which have red/green as part of their makeup eg browns, purples etc will effect most colour blind players

Edited by Crankey

Thumbs up for support to look at this :)

I am colour blind and the typical red/green and ALL shades/colours in between. approximately 10% of male population are colour blind, I think the statistic is that 85% of those are Red/Green deficient. It is rare but not impossible for females to be effected. It is hard for none colour blind players to perceive the issues so here is I hope a simple example.

A normal vision player will see a ghilli suit in the trees if it moves or he gets lucky. If that ghilli suit is red/orange colours it will stick out like a sore thumb. To a red/green colour blind person they will both be as hidden as each other as the mind does not pick out the red pigment. A green health metre against a predominently green/brown background is difficult to see. If you see someone checking his health bar by looking at the sky, then chances are they are colour blind. They are seeking a background which allows the health bar to have a high contrast background.

The main areas which could be improved would be name tags, health&food meters and general inventory screens. For me I accept the game adds the additional challenges however easy mode for me is the desert Takistan map which has very small area of green scenery

The most modern and practical game I have encountered with good colour blind options is world of tanks with their 'blue' targeting option.

Any colours which have red/green as part of their makeup eg browns, purples etc will effect most colour blind players

Battlefield also has an option for that, I never really used it because I didn't have hard time playing it, but I guess there's a method they use.