Sign in to follow this  
blackberrygoo

Peak at items in pocket

Well this suggestion is really to have more realism but mostly to make running with a gun out more of an option when you don't like switching back and forth between the gun and another item..

Basically my idea is, as long as you have a compass (or watch when implemented ) in your pocket you could "take a peek " at the item by using a set button and your character would pull the compass out of his pocket (complete with real animation of him doing so ) to reveal where to go on the fly while still holding the gun you had equipped in your left (or right ) hand ..

After you press the "peak" key or whatever , your character pulls out the compass with one hand and remains a grip on the gun with the other (and I'm imagining the person still running Which is basically why I suggest this ) your camera wouldn't snap towards the pocket automatically either , you would literally have to free look your head down towards the arm/pocket that's holding the compass .

And for those that still don't get what I'm talking about : it's like runnin with a two handed weapon , and when you need to briefly look at a compass per se , you don't have to change items just incase someone is about to come a round a tree or something and blow you away ... This way you could hold the "peek" button and then freelook towards the arm with the compass while still holding your weapon in the other hand / arm ...

Maybe it wouldn't work with the mechanics and it's sort of an insignificant thing compared to the grand scope of things but I've always wanted an easier way to look at my compass with my gun still readied , as we can obviously do it in real life , even while running .

Well this suggestion is really to have more realism but mostly to make running with a gun out more of an option when you don't like switching back and forth between the gun and another item..

Basically my idea is, as long as you have a compass (or watch when implemented ) in your pocket you could "take a peek " at the item by using a set button and your character would pull the compass out of his pocket (complete with real animation of him doing so ) to reveal where to go on the fly while still holding the gun you had equipped in your left (or right ) hand ..

After you press the "peak" key or whatever , your character pulls out the compass with one hand and remains a grip on the gun with the other (and I'm imagining the person still running Which is basically why I suggest this ) your camera wouldn't snap towards the pocket automatically either , you would literally have to free look your head down towards the arm/pocket that's holding the compass .

And for those that still don't get what I'm talking about : it's like runnin with a two handed weapon , and when you need to briefly look at a compass per se , you don't have to change items just incase someone is about to come a round a tree or something and blow you away ... This way you could hold the "peek" button and then freelook towards the arm with the compass while still holding your weapon in the other hand / arm ...

Maybe it wouldn't work with the mechanics and it's sort of an insignificant thing compared to the grand scope of things but I've always wanted an easier way to look at my compass with my gun still readied , as we can obviously do it in real life , even while running .

It would work. However, I have what I think is a better solution. duct-tape your compass to your gun, like where a heartbeat sensor would go. use duct tape or another means to attach your compass or watch or GPS or whatever to the side of your gun. Then you could always be looking at it when your gun is up.

It would work. However, I have what I think is a better solution. duct-tape your compass to your gun, like where a heartbeat sensor would go. use duct tape or another means to attach your compass or watch or GPS or whatever to the side of your gun. Then you could always be looking at it when your gun is up.

I like his idea, but the only effective place to put it is where the scope would go on a gun. So that would be the only issue. I think it'll just be easier if they just implement a way to double wield per Se certain items with what's currently in your hand. I think that would be using the existing system and just building on top of it.  My 2 cents.

I wish we could rig anything onto our guns with duct tape..

WTF Rocket, why cant I tape my flashlight to my mosin?

I like his idea, but the only effective place to put it is where the scope would go on a gun. So that would be the only issue. I think it'll just be easier if they just implement a way to double wield per Se certain items with what's currently in your hand. I think that would be using the existing system and just building on top of it.  My 2 cents.

why not attach it where the heartbeat sensor is on this gun? I think that would be the most practical spot, so you could still have ballistics on your weapon.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=gun+with+heartbeat+censor&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=0707CA029F12C8FD3FBCA8200DE2B7A75620E222&selectedIndex=14

why not attach it where the heartbeat sensor is on this gun? I think that would be the most practical spot, so you could still have ballistics on your weapon.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=gun+with+heartbeat+censor&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=0707CA029F12C8FD3FBCA8200DE2B7A75620E222&selectedIndex=14

It's possible, but to have that kind of attachment to the existing guns would require new gun models or simpler a new gun attachment. Either way it'll be a bit of work for it to happen. It would be awesome to do.

I like the duct tape idea but peaking requires no extra supplies besides what your peaking at (and pants with pockets of course) and it's something that would greatly increase agility when dealing with protecting yourself with your gun while navigating .. Like when we need to get across a huge mass of land but always want to be prepared with a gun in hand so if you were caught by surprise by a random hostile while peeking (at a compass) it's as easy as "let Go of peek button and shoot " instead of "hit 1 ten times and hope the rifle comes back out in time when you see a hostile ..

In my opinion it just adds another dimension of realism , and could be put in along with the duct tape idea ...

Attaching a compass to your rifle would be cool but like someone said before it would need a spot to fit, and besides where the scope is held there's not A very good area for it to go to be visible to the person holding the weapon (considering we can't move our necks and heads in game as freely as we can in the real world ) which is really why id prefer the peeking method :) ! But that's just my opinion :O !!