CANUCKinNZ

When the character wipe comes...

I am not playing before wipe because finally I am not interested in old version. I switched to exp but couldn't join any server. So I am not playing. :D

That's what I am doing now!  :D :D :D :D :D

• Like 1

I know they said that BE would be spamming a warning about the wipe every hour and I have not seen a single message yet, it probably won't be tomorrow (unless someone dropped the ball).

Hey People.

So did anything happen today? I've read stuff about the update which should happen and the wipe that should come anyways today. Any news or clarification about that would be appreciated.

no date for the stable branch whipe was given. Server maintenance happens every wednesday. If you want the latest Version of day Z, Switch over to Experimental. Be Aware that the EXP Branche is normaly whiped after every patch.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

Well, I suppose we're in a delay-cycle again.

0.49 was announced for last week originally then pushed back to this week to allow a strong QA. I guess they once again weren't happy with just QAing and releasing it and instead crammed some more stuff in, that's now broken, cause obviously there was no update today (servers are back up, so yeah...), so something must be really fucked.

The wipe is gonna happen with 0.49 release to stable, which is...whenever.

This really sucks, pretty hard. Cause I currently see no point in playing with the wipe on the horizon. Makes the whole thing fruitless, as I don't wanna start random deathmatching, which is basically the only thing you can do at the moment, collecting and storing gear is pointless, which I did before, with a couple of friends.

Wipes shouldn't be announced. Just do them, and afterwards tell us "Wiped, good luck!". Yes there would be bitching, but it's better than completely taking the point out of the game for the days and weeks leading up to the wipe, especially if it keeps getting pushed back.

they should first take care about the cheaters, before whiping the servers. its sensless otherwise.

what if those things are interconnected ? sounds crazy right ?

• Like 2

I don't think they'd just do an arbitrary wipe, for lols.

At least I hope not. B)

its sensless otherwise.

You answered your own statement. If people could still dupe, what exactly is the point of ze wipe?

Edited by bonesnap
  • Like 2

what if those things are interconnected ? sounds crazy right ?

if it only would be that easy :) i dont think fixing 9 ways to dupe items, will terminate the teleport/esp/itemstealing hackers, who hack themself items into the game or glitchers who sit inside walls and kill you

@bonesnap

its not arbirary, they ll get rid of the duped gear, so this is a good step. but still somethings missing for my feelings

Edited by newguyzombie

Well, gotta start somewhere, even if they only fix half of the duping methods or the infinite clips. I personally don't mind regearing anyways.

also there won't be a DEV-Report today, but tomorrow, according to Hicks tweet^^

So much entitlement in here...

...let's take off our clothes...I am feeling so entitled, I'm going to take my clothes off.

Any one would think this was alpha, right!  

Do us all a favour (not the guy I quoted), if you are so pissed off with the game, you toddle off and wait until release and THEN feel free to call the wahhhmbulance.  Oh and a big warning, there will always be hackers, always be those exploiting - it is impossible to do prevent.  Actually they could, it could be all run server side, but that would be ludicrous.  The nature of the way computers work mean there will always be a way in, be thankful the team has tried their damnedest to fix exploits as they know about them. 

Remember, a change here in the code, can affect something else..hence the repeated alpha remark from posters - this is what alpha is for.  I suspect delays and bugs are largely associated with the ongoing development of the engine and working out the quirks.  Once it become more stable then the team can start shoving all sorts of stuff in.  Very much like Breaking Point and Epoch, those devlopments are working on an established engine...quirks about it are known and worked around, but largely the dev teams can come up with ideas and throw them in and know they will work...Dayz SA is still trying to define and improve that engine to allow that.

wow. these people saying. im not playing or i dont see any point playing and loosing my gear to a wipe. 

mate. i gear up in 30-40 minutes. roll around major hot spots have fire fights. take hostages. bag people. hand cuff and execute anoying people. get shot die. get hacked.

fall off things. every day. i do it all again. 1 hour later.

listen to these people. OH NO i been camping in the bush for so long i lost touch with civilization. i dont want to lose my beans. 

get over it. your going to die. I WILL KILL YOU!

• Like 1

Yup, this is the time to log in and get funky. If it moves, shoot it. See if you can shoot someone as you fall off the top of the tower or something fun.

i found out how to avoid dying when falling from great height. if anyone wants to try it. 

jump of something really high. 

when your about to hit the ground. press PRONE key. make sure your still doing the animation for lying down. if you finish or start to quick. you will certainly die. 

ive done it 3x in a row. also shooting a crossbow bolt into the ground just before you hit. stop's you dying from height also. =D

your welcome