haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

So any word on what the whole farming crops thing is about ? Is it not in until the push to stable or something? I haven't heard anyone talk about it really >:( .

Yeah i thought about that too. Let's call it the "spawn circle".

The spawn circle is a circle that covers the area around a spawnpoint, defined by the loot in it. With every player spawning at the spawnpoint, the circle grows because every player takes loot away from it, while the permanent presence of players in this radius prevents new loot from respawning. ( E.g.: First player finds food in the first village, takes it all away. Second player needs to go to the second village to find food and takes it away etc etc etc ... fifth player might not make it to the fifth village before he dies of starvation - the spawn circle reached its final size )

This leads to exactly what i was observing. The only Items left in the spawn circle are items noone with very limited inventory size would pick up - shoes, hats, wrenches and of course dropped jeans and flashlights in every promising location.

And since loot has to respawn somewhere, it spawns in locations outside of the spawn circle, which creates the huge item stashes some already reported.

But thats just my observation. I could be totally wrong.

This is exactly what is happening.  Spent hours running along the towns near the coast/spawn towns finding nothing and starving several times.  I then made it to Vyshnoe and the Zub castle and hit the jackpot.  This means loot respawn does work, but the cleanup of untouched loot I think is the problem.  In some places you will find a million books, taking up the spawns of any other loot because they are not being removed.  In other cases, like mine, all loot piles up in 1 (or several) untouched towns.

Here my album of jackpot trip.  Maybe it will help people see where loot can spawn, as well as what types.

If we're on the right track here, and things were to stay very similar to how it is currently working, I would think that a good compromise would be not not have players start hungry and thirsty. Don't start them energized and hydrated either, just keep it neutral. Another option could be to bring eating meals closer to a more realistic expectation, 3-4 meals a day. 'Cause right now and as it was in the mod, it always felt ridiculous to me that we are stuffing food down our throats every 10-15 minutes. If we were to say that as little as 4 hours of gameplay time equals a day for our characters, we are eating 16-24 meals a day. That's ludicrous. A third option could be, and the simplest solution, to have spawns on opposite corners of the map instead of packing them all in the same quadrant.

If we're on the right track here, and things were to stay very similar to how it is currently working, I would think that a good compromise would be not not have players start hungry and thirsty. Don't start them energized and hydrated either, just keep it neutral. Another option could be to bring eating meals closer to a more realistic expectation, 3-4 meals a day. 'Cause right now and as it was in the mod, it always felt ridiculous to me that we are stuffing food down our throats every 10-15 minutes. If we were to say that as little as 4 hours of gameplay time equals a day for our characters, we are eating 16-24 meals a day. That's ludicrous. A third option could be, and the simplest solution, to have spawns on opposite corners of the map instead of packing them all in the same quadrant.

It makes sense, we know that.  And in my ~250 hours of playing, I had never been to the town I stumbled on today with all of the loot.

I wasn't a fan of spawning people all across the map before, but it may be a valid option now if something cannot be done about the loot spawning.

That, or loot deletion needs to be fixed (or added?).  Things that aren't touched should have a faster timer.  Things like weapons, backpacks, and often used 'valuables' should have timers that far surpass the length of server resets.  Other things, such as civilian clothing, tools (screw drivers, spanners, saws), books and perhaps even food/drink should respawn upon server resets or their built in timer, which ever comes first.

Are animals spawning? I saw none yesterday and so far none today and I covered a lot of map.

Deer and piggies, at least.  Still haven't seen a bear.

Z

Deer and piggies, at least.  Still haven't seen a bear.

Z

Are animals spawning? I saw none yesterday and so far none today and I covered a lot of map.

Go to pustoshka, found so many cows, easy to get stuff for a fire, especially on experimental since their are so many books and lots of tress around

Go to pustoshka, found so many cows, easy to get stuff for a fire, especially on experimental since their are so many books and lots of tress around

yeah me and a group of fresh spawns in berinzino were desperate for food then we saw a field of cows and we all just charged in with axes and farming hoes and one of us in the group had a knife thank god and we all shared the food it was awesome :D  

• Like 3

Saw a couple boars today, killed a deer in the first hour after the patch. Short answer: yes.

So does persistence work?

Reason i'm asking:

GUZXIc5.jpg

Like my crops next to it ;P

Edited by MrMutant

I finally found a tent for the first time yesterday. Placed it in a pretty good spot and hid a back-up weapon in the surrounding trees. Forgot what damn server it was on.

• Like 2

Reason i'm asking:

GUZXIc5.jpg

how well does the farming work?

Reason i'm asking:

GUZXIc5.jpg

Did you plant those crops? Or just find them u little trell...

Isn't that a bitch!  My first spawn after 0.49, it's raining, I'm cold, hungry and decide to run West.  First thing I come across is a deer stand, and against all odds, it had a tent in it.  Seriously, I'm in the middle of nowhere, freezing, hungry and I find a tent, wtf.  I pitched said tent, ran off to find food, clothes and some type of weapon.  Just wish I knew which server I was on... lmao!

I finally found a tent for the first time yesterday. Placed it in a pretty good spot and hid a back-up weapon in the surrounding trees. Forgot what damn server it was on.

• Like 1

If anyone has an opportunity, try wearing a blue or black tracksuit jacket on a sunny day. They seem to be making me almost instantly overheat like nothing else has.

Isn't that a bitch!  My first spawn after 0.49, it's raining, I'm cold, hungry and decide to run West.  First thing I come across is a deer stand, and against all odds, it had a tent in it.  Seriously, I'm in the middle of nowhere, freezing, hungry and I find a tent, wtf.  I pitched said tent, ran off to find food, clothes and some type of weapon.  Just wish I knew which server I was on... lmao!

So tents spawn in Deer Stands now? Or the regular food shacks, if they spawn in deer stands HOORAY!

Well...good question.  Those small wooden shacks, short ladder with the deer feeders underneath them.  What do you call those?  They're not deer "blinds" that I'm familiar but rather I suppose some place to store bait.

So tents spawn in Deer Stands now? Or the regular food shacks, if they spawn in deer stands HOORAY!

Feed shack I believe according to dayzdb.

Today was my first starvation death in over 800 hours of gameplay. LOL

I  ended up dying in a very undignified way--on my knees searching a tree for apples in vain outside a barren novodmitrovsk.

• Like 1

Happens a lot.. Its a known issue, basically stuff cant spawn in within a certain radius of players so it spawns elsewhere and builds up. The entire North side of NWAF was like this today. My tent is nice and full because of the crazy stacks of loot. Still, only ever found 1 AK and 1 AK mag so far.

yUzQNY8.jpg

I don't know if this is a one item bug thing, but the TTSKO jacket combined with a high cap vest and cargo vest make you get major hypothermia, like within 30 seconds of putting it on, you're immediately hypothermic, i have to run around with a tracksuit jacket haha, it's annoying but it gives me a reason/need to use it! I can stand still on the spot though and put on the TTsko and it will immediately pop up "I am sweating" three times in 10 seconds

Meat no longer cooks, or at least the batch of 5 i'm attempting to cook isn't anyway, and it's from a wild boar. He's been at max red now for about 4 minutes with 5 full firewood

Meat no longer cooks, or at least the batch of 5 i'm attempting to cook isn't anyway, and it's from a wild boar. He's been at max red now for about 4 minutes with 5 full firewood

I successfully cooked some deer earlier with 4 logs. Still took a good 4-5 minutes I think. Looked away for a few seconds and I burned the first batch, lol. To my surprise burned meat makes you sick..

Edited by solodude23

Really really frustrating patch. Spawned in Berezino and ran a huge route that too me through Elektro and Cherno all the way to Balota. All I managed to find were bits of various ammo types and a blaze 95 with 3 bullets. Most places were empty with no loot whatsoever until I made it to Komarovo and found this...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/36348118533848708/BE545947D4A0C6328F4277615F59D87A2A221196/

Pretty much the entire police station looked like that in every room. Loot overflowing everywhere. Then I went to the second floor and zombies punched me through the wall from downstairs and broke my leg. Then this happend...

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/36348118533829409/A41DA9D221FC849E50037F7B587917F8A73BABF9/

I got pinned behind a child's backpack and couldn't even get to the zombies hitting me to kill them. Tried to bandage and morphine then YOU ARE DEAD.

Man this one hurts. That's a long boring way to run for that conclusion. Think it's time for a DayZ break. Come back in a patch or two and check things out again.

• Like 1

And the bug where you randomly break your legs from walking has re-occured, so watch out guys. 

-both in .048 and both in 0.49  i realized that sometime if you are using an item and you are aggroed by a zombie, when you drop the item off because of no space the zombie does not hitting you, but the location where the item has been dropped.

-FPS still low.

-Shotgun reloading shells same as in .048

-We do continue to find food...food spawn costantly everywhere even where is open, but where's the ammos and weapons? I assume that if there's many food and it spawn, then the same should do weapons and ammo. Doesn't it?

Why do I have discover such a bug that i'm not payd for doing, it as more qualified people could made it?

I discovered and posted out the problem of the red broken chain that nobody done even the more qualified, and after that my post has been canceled because of danger of abusing a bug. A Bug has not never been noticed before? Since the 0,43 and even more there was this glitch and always users like us had to report them.

Since May....since May has been know by reading a feedback that what is the problem occouring by fps drop but we are continuing loading the game of stuff and making it heavier.

For half of the salary i'd surely work better.

Edited by GunnyITA