WayTooFrosty

Lootable Zeds

*sorry if this has already been a post*

I think it would be quite cool to see zeds walking around with loot able clothing (obviously damaged to give the infected look) so that players would single zombies out and kill them if they like what they might be wearing on their feet. For example zombies could be wearing a beanie, a hoodie or hiking boots! If/when slow zombie hordes are added players could try and single zombies out tactically to get their gear! This would bring variety to the zombies looks.

I know Dean Hall has said that the characters we play as are immune so I'm not saying dead players re-animate into zeds, I'm just saying that some people who weren't immune would still be caring gear when they where infected.

Edited by WayTooFrosty

There was talk early on about having to disinfect some items, I would think 'zombie loot' would be in that disinfect category.  As for removing clothing from zombies, don't think that's gonna fly unless it's clothing that just happens to be on the zombie.  IE you randomly get a chance of looting a CDF beret of a CDF zombie wearing a helmet.  Right now zombies are very simple layer wise, at most I think they have two layers (head and clothing) to save on resources.  IE you're not gonna loot the boots and shirt off of a zombie and then the boots and shirt will be gone from the corpse.

More than likely zombie loot will be other items rather than clothing.  IE a pair of handcuffs off of a police zombie, some bandages off a paramedic/doctor, ammo or a magazine off of a solider, like how it was in the mod.

It would be cool and all but everything you get off the zombie would be mostly ruined or badly damaged making everything kinda useless and most player i assume would not care about ruined gear of zombies, I know i wouldn't   

It would be cool and all but everything you get off the zombie would be mostly ruined or badly damaged making everything kinda useless and most player i assume would not care about ruined gear of zombies, I know i wouldn't   

I don't know. A damaged pistol with a mag and a few bullets would instantly give value to all those unnecesary weapon kits. I would prefer if the majority of our good equipment had to be farmed from zombies.

I don't know. A damaged pistol with a mag and a few bullets would instantly give value to all those unnecesary weapon kits. I would prefer if the majority of our good equipment had to be farmed from zombies.

Yeah but nothing really good would be on 90% of the zombies, maybe the military ones yes but lets be honest, the average person wont have anything great on them useful for surviving the Apocalypse would they, just clothes that you can find everywhere around the world

• Like 1

I remember in the DayZ~Mod. If I was hungry and had enough ammo, I could go on a killing spree and loot over 20-40 zed bodies, I'd end up with quite a lot of food and other gears. 

If I did that in SA, I'd have to wear gloves and use disinfectant on them often I'd imagine but it may still be possible. 

Jus saying. 

Edit: It felt kinda like an exploit because I  was taking advantage of zombie spawning 

Edited by DaveZ

Zombies could easily have something like a compass in their pockets or watches in their wrists. Military ones could have stuff like nades or mags.

It wouldnt be gamebreaking items like we have in helicrashes just ordinary stuff to have a reason to check out the zombies.

That would be awesome. Every time i kill a soldier zombie i think "this guy should have loot"

Ya, but it should be very little

Edited by SomeCallMeNomad