Sign in to follow this  
Foxillus

How the end game should look.

DayZ Mercenary mod was awesome. It had can openers, you needed paper to make fireplace, you had to purify water...But it was never popular. Right now SA lacks more details that can slow down the game. Things like sickness, infections, body temperature, dirty water poisoning, less canned food, better loot tables. Once when you have vomit every 5 minutes because you drink dirty water or ate raw meat, you wont be able to snipe from Berezino apartments. I remember back in mod we used to search all evening to find damn antiobiotics. In mean time we had to hunt animals and cook meat to keep blood level and stay alive. That is what dayz should be like. Once modding is available, someone should make mod without zombies and with all weapons from Overwatch mod, so all kiddies go play that.

I've spent some time in DayZed. It had all kinds of survival aspects added. I must say stamina changed the way I used to play vs zeds. There was no endless running away untill they get lost, so if you get aggro from a zed that spawned around nearby deerstand and there's no place to hide, get ready to fight.

On top of that, making decissions like: No bandages left. Should I just move on, hope to find them somewhere or try very risky trip to nearest hospital?

More complicated food regen - meat more valuable. Raiding deerstands with a hope of finding hunting knife (quite rare) or at least a piece of raw meat. Avoiding all the zeds that spawn near them while my character could hardly see or hear because of blood loss. And obviously ma favourite part - milking cows and goats ;]

Fun times.

Well you can still have your lovely interaction and pvp but i really think pulling the trigger in a town NEEDS to be more dangerous. Like "should i really shoot in this town just to kill a guy? Or should i interact with him and help get out of the town?" Increasing hordes would do this and making ammo rarer than food would force ppl to think outside the box if they want to survive. Guns and ammo should be like gold. Conserved and used in the most dire of situations if needed.

All of them should be rare, but you seem to be equating "it needs to be more difficult" with "it needs to be made drastically different to the point that PvP is essentially null"

Now, if you just mean to make guns as common as in overwatch, then I can see your point.

That is what I mean. I have seen so many posts like: "Why are military bases so far away from Berezino?? Kmeeeee!!"

Huh? The apocalypse left us with an overabundant supply of everything. There should be good shit lying all over the landscape. This view of "scarcity" is all wrong. The only way things would be scarce is if we're playing many years after the Zed uprising began, then things would be scarce. If we have to hunt and fish (which is cool) then the caloric count of the proteins should be well above a can of beans or peaches or rice or cereal. How in the hell is a steak less nutritionally filling then a can of peaches or beans?

As for guns and loot, keep it coming. Who wants the game to be so unbalanced that only some players are geared up nicely (because all the loot is gone) while other players get jack shit? the only way to fix such a situation is being able to master craft weapons that have advantages the guns and military equipment do not have.

it's never really been about zombies and the devs have made that pretty clear numerous times.

This is what you stated.

Brian Hicks stated "Zombies have never been the real threat, and never will be. They are part of the env pushing player interaction."

"They are part of the env pushing player interaction" is a far cry from "never really been about zombies".

And that my friend is what I am hoping the game will be. If you have followed or read most of my posts than you would know I am not against PvP. I AM for PvP balanced with PvE (ie: zombies and environment). I never once stated in all my postings that I want exclusively to have zombies be THE threat. They can't be. Computer models can never really take the place of the unrationality and unexpectedness of human players no matter how good the AI is. But they can be challenging and punish you for doing something stupid like shooting your gun off in a zombie infested city which way too many players do.

And yeah the CoD comment was supposed to be an insult. Too many have come to this game with the mindset it's another twitch shooter with zombie apocalyptic dressing...

When in reality it has been about

l

l

l

\l/

Edited by RAM-bo4250

So, I have read so many threads about how there are too many zombies/zombies too stronk/ect or how there should be more military/civilian weapons. I like to think that the end game should be about purely surviving. You should have to struggle to find ANYTHING. Picture Yourself struggling to find food to ease a grumbling stomach, due to fear of entering a city/town because of ZOMBIES. People are getting to focused on loot, vehicles, and pvp. Its suppose to be a zombie survival simulator. The realism in this game so far is uncanny and I love it, but, right now its not quite what I feel it should be about. I read someones post just a minute ago about how they were overwhelmed with zombies and soon died. Imagine that! Death from being attacked by so many zombies. One after the other, they should make you run for your life and try to find safety. Screw the PvP aspect, sure it will be a part of the game but the biggest fear should be to go anywhere there might even be zombies. Like on the walking dead for instance. When they went to the city in the beginning and there where hoards and hoards of zombies. They had to try and think of a way to get out of their situation. Imagine you were stuck in some building with nothing but a crowbar or some shit and you had to figure out how you were going to survive. Right now the direction its going is pretty much a endless cycle of, avoid small amounts of zombies and get a full kit. Loot is so abundant its ridiculous. You should be lucky to find even a fucking crossbow. Ammo should be so scarce you should have to reconsider using it on someone else.

Heli crash-sites, military this, high cap vest that. You should be thankful for the fucking shirt you start off with!

I agree, that should be the general direction for the game.

how the endgame should look: survival either through collaboration and/or robbing said collaborations.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

how the endgame should look: survival either through collaboration and/or robbing said collaborations.

Although I collaborate with myself. It's a lonesome journey but then I don't have to worry about some idiot next to me shooting and bringing chaos down on me. Also one mouth is easier to feed than not one.

For me there should be no defined end game. Rockest said ages ago it was about creating a world and letting the players decide what happens. Each new feature makes the world more complex and opens up new end game options. For one person end game may be PvP, for another Farming.

There defo needs to be more zeds, shooting in town should draw enough horde to be a challenge, either stealting them as you dart in and out of all the new buildings, or mow them down if you have the ammo. There should be enough for other players to see them drawn to the shots, track them and kill you. Firing into a town from outside in a treeline should be more preferable.

The changes in tactics would be for the good IMO. No more camping buildings, because the first guy yu kill = 40-50 zeds coming in the door downstairs. Bandits might try to track through citys/towns more so they can kill where theres no zeds (don't forget if the streets swarmed looting the corpse could be....problematic lol) and so they didn't have to waste ammo. If they went for the axe kill, then it gives the prey much more time to spot and react, same with the tracking.

But the devs said ages ago they plan to have waaay more zeds so im just waiting it out atm. You could get huge amounts in the mod by adding the right types of civ buildings in towns. Small town (like Kamyshovo) should have 60ish zeds....City (Electro, Cherno, Berzino) should all have 200+, all on 30s respawn......now that would be some interesting survival AND PvP IMO ;)

• Like 1

There should be no end game. Just the game. You should never be entirely safe and comfortable in what you have without some sort of price (such as a time-investment in distance traveled to acquire supplies/danger in acquisition areas like towns). And you should always be only a couple mistakes away from death. Getting caught without proper clothing in a storm, not being aware in a town and getting shot by another survivor, not knowing where your next meal is coming from or how to pay for the calories you're using for whatever you're doing currently. People seem to have this bizarre notion that the game is x or it's y. Grabbing all the guns and having a shoot-out in Berezino or growing potatoes in the middle of the forest. Both of those things are the game, the game is everything that happens when people are online and there is no point beyond whatever a player finds entertaining and engaging at any given moment.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1