danbottomburp

Where the hell am i ?

Ok so i am pretty well kitted out , i have loads of drinks and food and a axe to open my treats but i don't know where the hell i am . i wanted to go to the airport or army base but i have no idea how to find them .

is there a map ingame  ?

i bought a app from play store that has the maps but i have no idea where i am in the game - not seen any signs with names on . 

i just feel like i am going around in circles - i have only met one other person in the game and although he screamed at me FRIENDLY FRIENDLY , as soon as my back was turned he shot me ! lol

so now i only join friendly servers with low player counts

just want to get my bearings !! 

Hello mate

Dont trust anyone...

If you are in a town, try to look for road signs, usually on the outskirts of them, if you never saw one then google dayz road signs, should give you an idea for what to look for

If you are not in a town..well good luck on finding one lool

Edited by Estevacio
  • Like 1

Hello mate

Dont trust anyone...

If you are in a town, try to look for road signs, usually on the outskirts of them, if you never saw one then google dayz road signs, should give you an idea for what to look for

If you are not in a town..well good luck on finding one lool

thanks for the reply - the only signs i have seen have had "under construction" on them - and i think i am in a farming community because all i see are barns and hay bales .

loving the game though - shame about some of the ppl that play it :(

Edited by danbottomburp

The under construction is a new town added, search the last update notes, i believe the location is there!!

No luck in finding a compass?? If you do just head south!!

If you are in the god damned middle of nowhere, try and look for a slight downwards slope in the terrain. If you follow this with the mountains or any hills away from you, you should eventually hit the coast. When you do, put your left hand side to the shore and travel that way.

This will eventually mean you will come across a town, and if you continue to walk, the two big cities of Elektro and Cherno. Once you past Cherno, you are 2 minutes away from the Bolota Airstrip.

Hope this helps, keep us updated!

If you head towards the sun you usually end up on the coast in 10-15 minutes :) i seem to keep spawning in the middle of nowhere when i die, had to do this a few times now lol

If you head towards the sun you usually end up on the coast in 10-15 minutes :) i seem to keep spawning in the middle of nowhere when i die, had to do this a few times now lol

He should focus on learning to detect and follow a downwards slope and know how to reach the shore by senses.

That is a much more reliable way of reaching the shore then following the sun IN MY EXPERIENCE.

This depends on the server time. Could be running west, depending on the time of the server. The Sun "rises in the east and sets in the west". Interesting fact though: most people don't realize that is a generalization. Actually, the Sun only rises due east and sets due west on 2 days of the year -- the spring and fall equinoxes. On other days, the Sun rises either north or south of "due east" and sets north or south of "due west.". 

so now i only join friendly servers with low player counts

Enjoy watching the paint dry.  :rolleyes:

I had the same experience when I was a noob. You have to just keep wandering around until you find the first reasonably big town, find the town name sign (usually at the start and end of the town) then alt + tab onto dayzdb.map, look for the town name and try and get your bearings. The in game maps are next to worthless to be honest.

Edited by Ben_uk

This depends on the server time. Could be running west, depending on the time of the server. The Sun "rises in the east and sets in the west". Interesting fact though: most people don't realize that is a generalization. Actually, the Sun only rises due east and sets due west on 2 days of the year -- the spring and fall equinoxes. On other days, the Sun rises either north or south of "due east" and sets north or south of "due west.".

True, but on the servers i have played on the arc seems to be like more south to north which is weird, maybe they fixed it, i havent played in a few weeks...

Kids these days, unable to read a map...never venture far from the comfort zone of their rooms, school and mall...

OP, buy a map of ur local wilderness...pack ur rucksack with a tent, sleepingbag, food + other survival items...stay the night out, use the map...by the time ur back u have become a man with a nice hairy ballsack between ur skinny teen legs.

Edited by svisketyggeren

use the compass since the latest patch they are spawning everywhere then go south or east to hit the coast also like mentioned follow the sun. for south east/ south west. If you have a map already dayz will definitely make you learn how to use it fast.