Sign in to follow this  
aviza

Change how you log out

Hello,

I would like to suggest that when you log out, you are simply given a timer (30/60 seconds or whatever the dev's choose) and cannot move for the duration.   You can still see and hear and you should be able to cancell it anytime before the countdown is done.

Example:

-Waiting for the timer to end, someone walks into the room with you and you can cancel to stop from being robbed or killed while logging out.

-A zombie walks into the room as you hit the log out button, you can then cancel it and put it to rest.

Some people submit bugs about logging back in as dead or missing gear, this would clear a few things up, I think.

Please let me know what you think!

Peace

-Aviza

• Like 1

Alot of people don't like this because it promotes ghosting/combat logging.

• Like 2

Combat logging is always going to be a thing unless they can lock you out from logging while other players are shooting or taking damage (just thowing out examples).

Though I would like to hear how knowing your character did not die in the 30 it takes to log out would promote Ghosting.

Combat logging is always going to be a thing unless they can lock you out from logging while other players are shooting or taking damage (just thowing out examples).

Though I would like to hear how knowing your character did not die in the 30 it takes to log out would promote Ghosting.

Because when people log out they run the risk of being killed in the 30-second period where their character is still in-game. If a player is aware for those 30-seconds then there is no risk, so combat logging would become even more common, or at least wouldn't be so high risk since a player would be able to defend himself while they log.

I've been killed a couple of times while logging out, no doubt by the eagle-eyed zombies spotting me at NWAF all the way from Stary, but I accept that as something that's going to be pretty common for as long as zombies behave the way they do.

I'd like to see a log-out protection that reduces damage taken from zombies. That way, if a single zombie followed you all the way to the bush where you logged out, it isn't going to hit you a couple of times and kill you. Instead, a single zombie that followed you is going to have a pretty tough time killing a player while he logs out. It might make the player character bleed a little, and maybe even cause some pretty serious damage, but it won't kill the player. However, if a player logs because he is being chased by a large group of zombies he'll die because there are enough zombies dealing enough damage to negate the log-out protection. The log-out protection shouldn't apply to damage dealt by players.

• Like 5

I think they should just go back to what it was like in the mod. Just have a 15 second timer before you can press log out, personally logging out and just staying on the floor for 30 seconds is a bit shitty, anyone could luckily  walk in and kill you, the zeds see you from a mile off and you don't know you you log out and get hit by one for 30 seconds. Just making the player wait X amount of time before they can press log out seems the best way imo

• Like 1

I think they should just go back to what it was like in the mod. Just have a 15 second timer before you can press log out, personally logging out and just staying on the floor for 30 seconds is a bit shitty, anyone could luckily  walk in and kill you, the zeds see you from a mile off and you don't know you you log out and get hit by one for 30 seconds. Just making the player wait X amount of time before they can press log out seems the best way imo

It's unlikely that a zombie or a player will get you if you log out in an actually safe place. That's the whole idea: don't log out fucking anywhere.

It's unlikely that a zombie or a player will get you if you log out in an actually safe place. That's the whole idea: don't log out fucking anywhere.

But with the zombies right now you don't know if you are safe you log off in a house thinking you had no aggro, shut the door then get hit through the wall for 30 seconds

Those 30 seconds are not a very long time and combat logging is still possible. I could see adding 30 more seconds the way you described - so you got 60 seconds in total and may stay aware for the first 30 seconds if you choose to do so. However, during the whole 60 seconds relogging should not come at a time penalty - instead you may just reclaim your character who is still there immediately.

But with the zombies right now you don't know if you are safe you log off in a house thinking you had no aggro, shut the door then get hit through the wall for 30 seconds

Well look the fuck around. In a zombie apocalypse, wouldn't you look around before going into a house and instantly crashing into bed?

Well look the fuck around. In a zombie apocalypse, wouldn't you look around before going into a house and instantly crashing into bed?

I don't know if you play the game bur zombies are still buggy as fuck, thats my point

I don't know if you play the game bur zombies are still buggy as fuck, thats my point

So you want them to make changes to the game based on the fact that zombies are bugged and don't work as intended yet?

Why would anyone be logging out in a building? If this is how/where you logout then you really deserve to loose your character.

The whole idea is to logout in a relatively safe spot, in a building is not my idea of a safe spot.

And... Logging out should remain the way it is.

So you want them to make changes to the game based on the fact that zombies are bugged and don't work as intended yet?

A change for the better in my opinion

A change for the better in my opinion

Game development doesn't work that way. They won't be making changes to something that isn't broken in order to account for something that is broken. You should be complaining about zeds themselves.

Edited by Powerhouse